Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poland back to UK via Sweden & Denmark

RoB5urf

RoB5urf

Beach with 2-seat bench
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We're coming back to the UK from Sopot in Poland. Booked on the ferry to Karlskrona and plan to drive back via the Oresund bridge. Can anybody recommend campsites around Malmö and Copenhagen or offer any other tips for the journey home?
Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Copenhagen - The Charlottenlund Fort campsite is a great location and quite classy facilities. A fort, on the sea, a walk through a lovely wooded park to the suburban train station and a short ride to the centre.

Malmo - Didn’t stay in Malmo but in Ystad not far away. Stayed at the harbour camper stop which is close to the town centre. Nice cycle ride to the east along the beaches.

Oh and there’s a local bylaw that says you have to play Hollow Talk by Choir of Young Believers at full blast whilst crossing the Oresund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Copenhagen - The Charlottenlund Fort campsite is a great location and quite classy facilities. A fort, on the sea, a walk through a lovely wooded park to the suburban train station and a short ride to the centre.

Malmo - Didn’t stay in Malmo but in Ystad not far away. Stayed at the harbour camper stop which is close to the town centre. Nice cycle ride to the east along the beaches.

Oh and there’s a local bylaw that says you have to play Hollow Talk by Choir of Young Believers at full blast whilst crossing the Oresund.

As resident in Copenhagen I agree Charlottenlund Fort is by far the most interesting, but you will probably have to book ahead.

What is that, The Bridge theme tune? We're massive Bridge fans. Almost tempted to the tour in Malmö if it still runs.

What is that, The Bridge theme tune? We're massive Bridge fans. Almost tempted to the tour in Malmö if it still runs.

This is our sock monkey photobombing my photo of the oresund after we crossed it the other week.
7E087C4C-A3F7-4137-BA75-AC33A7EA9C63.jpeg

As resident in Copenhagen I agree Charlottenlund Fort is by far the most interesting, but you will probably have to book ahead.

That’s great to hear - we are booked in next Friday for 4 days...

We're booked into Charlottenlund too! Just need to find a few more campsites for our little trip:

Calais > Eindhoven > Berlin > Sopot (RS:X windsurfing European championships) > Malmö via ferry to Karlskrona > Copenhagen > Breman > Utrecht > Calais

Klagshamn harbor just outside Malmö is quite nice, about 150 spots, all free of charge. When I was there last weekend there was another Cali from Austria that had stayed the night. There are toilets and it's just next to the water if you want to go for a swim (26C) just there next to Öresundsbron. Falsterbo camping looked quite nice too when I drove past.

We're booked into Charlottenlund too! Just need to find a few more campsites for our little trip:

Calais > Eindhoven > Berlin > Sopot (RS:X windsurfing European championships) > Malmö via ferry to Karlskrona > Copenhagen > Breman > Utrecht > Calais

When are you at Charlottenfort? We are then going to Sanssouci Camping in Potsdam near Berlin - getting ferry from Gedser to Rostock...

A little the east of Utrecht is Hoenderloo.I stayed at a nice small site called Der Brink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back