Poole campsites.

O

Off and running

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,
We are finally picking our Cali up next Monday from Breeze Poole :D
We are traveling from N.Wales 4-5hrs and I don't fancy driving all the way back home, So looking for some suggestions of places to stay close by for the night.
This would also help me as we are first time campervan novice so I could go back to the dealers in the morning if I have any issues.
Thanks in advance.

Big or small campsite?
Big campsite: South Lytchett Manor
Small campsite: Bluebell Meadow
You're going to need to remember to bring your camping gear. I would recommend getting an external windscreen cover as it is much better than the blind the VW has. Also bring an EHU cable to see if that works.

Big or small campsite?
Big campsite: South Lytchett Manor
Small campsite: Bluebell Meadow
You're going to need to remember to bring your camping gear. I would recommend getting an external windscreen cover as it is much better than the blind the VW has. Also bring an EHU cable to see if that works.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will look them up.

Yes we have been buying all the essentials e.g. EHU, Porta Potti, Cadac 2 cook 3 pro etc etc,
I just need to test them out.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look them up.

Yes we have been buying all the essentials e.g. EHU, Porta Potti, Cadac 2 cook 3 pro etc etc,
I just need to test them out.
We stayed at S.Lychett Manor when we picked up our California last September. Lovely site, recommend it. Bakery in the shop in the morning, camping supplies in case you need anything & a short walk to a very nice local pub, St Peter's Finger, where we had dinner after parking up on site.

We’re not based in the UK anymore so I can’t give Poole recommendations but the Park4Night app/ website is one of the best tips we got when starting out.

It’s a great resource for finding official and unofficial (but tolerated) places to camp up. There’s usually some helpful info on costs and facilities and often some photos to help you choose. It also works well for UK spots and across Europe.

I hope you enjoy the new camper!

There’s a CAMC site on the other side of the inlet at Wareham. I think it’s called Hunters Moon. Stayed there a few weeks ago and it’s okay. 5 mins drive into Wareham. Facilities are very good.

We stayed at S Lychett in March. You can't go wrong. It's near Breeze, great facilities, hard-standing etc.

As easy a first experience as you will find.

Our friends runLytchett and it’s a lovely site, a little traffic noise from the dual carriageway to be aware of.
It’s only 5 mins from Breeze.

We stayed at S Lychett in March. You can't go wrong. It's near Breeze, great facilities, hard-standing etc.

As easy a first experience as you will find.
Thanks all, I've had a look at S.Lychett and it seems spot on for our first night away...
Will book later today,
Love this forum, we've had so much help and advice already and we haven't even got our Cali yet.

There’s a CAMC site on the other side of the inlet at Wareham. I think it’s called Hunters Moon. Stayed there a few weeks ago and it’s okay. 5 mins drive into Wareham. Facilities are very good.
I was going to stay at that site but was concerned about the reviews and went to an alternative site I wont put words in your month but would urge you to look at the reviews on the CAMC and trustpilot sites

I was going to stay at that site but was concerned about the reviews and went to an alternative site I wont put words in your month but would urge you to look at the reviews on the CAMC and trustpilot sites
I read mixed reviews before booking, but we didn’t have many options in March. We found the site was perfectly fine. We chose not to have a pitch close to the road, which whilst not busy it is straight/ fast., also chose not to back onto the council operated traveller site, but in walking round the site we heard nothing apart from a dog barking.
The facilities were as good as it gets with CAMC (very standard layout), new fitout and clean. Staff were very friendly. Site has a small shop, there’s a pub around a mile away but not walkable in the dark. Very handy for Wareham, and for RSPB Arne - the real reason we went. For a CAMC site it’s large and spacious, and I’d give it 10/10.

Oops wrong site!

I meant to recommend Norden…

Back and Beyond is a great site, 10 mins from Breeze, great facility and bar.

In the nicest possible way….. you got gas?

Hi All,
We are traveling from N.Wales 4-5hrs and I don't fancy driving all the way back home, So looking for some suggestions of places to stay close by for the night.
This would also help me as we are first time campervan novice so I could go back to the dealers in the morning if I have any issues.
Thanks in advance.
Might be a bit cheeky as you’re not getting a ferry, but you can pitch up at the ferry port for the night. £10 collected from you by the staff in the morning. They have 24 hour facilities (toilets/showers) and the cafe does a lovely bacon roll for breakfast. If you go for it, pitch up by the big shed and not in one of the lanes.

IMG_1258.jpeg

Might be a bit cheeky as you’re not getting a ferry, but you can pitch up at the ferry port for the night. £10 collected from you by the staff in the morning. They have 24 hour facilities (toilets/showers) and the cafe does a lovely bacon roll for breakfast. If you go for it, pitch up by the big shed and not in one of the lanes.

View attachment 122477
Thanks for the idea, but we would like our first night away in our new Cali to be a bit more memorable than a Ferry Port!!
Thinking more of waking up to birdsong and the smell of bacon wafting through the morning breeze.(hopefully) :)

South Lytchett will also certainly determine what sort of camper you are for your first proper outing. It was an evenly spaced hell of suburbia full of great whites. Each to their own.

Hi All,
Thanks in advance.
We’ll be doing exactly this in July

Thanks for the idea, but we would like our first night away in our new Cali to be a bit more memorable than a Ferry Port!!
Thinking more of waking up to birdsong and the smell of bacon wafting through the morning breeze.(hopefully) :)
Our experience of early morning birdsong is noisy crows and annoyingly repetitive pigeons at about 5am :) :)

Corfe castle camping is our go to site just over the chain ferry from Poole lovely site and a pleasant walk into Corfe.

Back