Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Rømø Denmark Meet 7-9 Sep 2018

Do you want to attend (just as a indication)

• Yes!

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interestingly its only 13 hours if I use the tunnel and drive through France etc... 10 hours from Calais isnt that bad really... That may be a way to do it.

We would have a 2 weeks holiday and aim for the meet in the middle of it. :)

Interestingly its only 13 hours if I use the tunnel and drive through France etc... 10 hours from Calais isnt that bad really... That may be a way to do it.

We would have a 2 weeks holiday and aim for the meet in the middle of it. :)

Sounds like a plan. Let me know if you need any tips or advice for Denmark. In the prospect there are a few links. And www.visitdenmark.dk is a good place to start, All areas then have sub-sites: Like www.visitribe.dk

We wil probally be in Denmark allready the week before the meet as we got three weeks vacation , need to home for work the thuseday afther the meet .
Maybe we can do a meet before the meet :D

I believe so. We have many dogs ;-)

The Camping welcomes dogs (even have a dog shower). We have several dog forests (areas) where dogs can run free. The huge beaches on the west coast is a heaven for dogs. Only thing is that it is expected to bring a bag for the poo, when in the cities. And have your dog on a leash if you can not call the dog (some people tend to have trouble with that). In all just use common sense and respect that not all are dog lovers.

It sounds very similar to here then, sounds great and they will love it. They love camping more than we do. :)

Be great to visit Denmark definitely on our list of must see places... Ill chat with V and confirm :) Kite festival also amazing... plus be really great to meet you and other Cali owners. Be good to catch up with HC too :)

We wil probally be in Denmark allready the week before the meet as we got three weeks vacation , need to home for work the thuseday afther the meet .
Maybe we can do a meet before the meet :D

Small tip:

The weekend before the meet there is this spectacular event also on Rømø … I was in doubt if I should go for the Kite or The Race weekend. But went for the kites, since the access to the beach would be easier.

But If you like motors and old cars. This is it. I am wondering to go myself ;-)

http://www.romomotorfestival.dk

>> This will be the official thread to follow if you are interested in this Meet <<

VWCC MEET - DENMARK + 7 - 9 September 2018

Pieces are about to come together and therefore we are very happy to announce the rumoured and first ever VWCC MEET in Denmark this year.

We gather on Camping Lakolk on beautiful island Rømø in the south marsh. The weekend thru the big kite festival is on. And the prospect will be full of adventures you can attend: Oyster Safari, Sort Sol, Ribe, etc … but all that you can study when the prospect is online here in very near future.

For now: The registration is not open yet, but is soon to be announced open here.

But: You don't want to miss out on this, so be sure to get the dates in your calendar ;-)

Looking forward to see you all!

Iben and Henrik

[ EDIT: GAME ON, registration is open: http://www.henrikkaufmann.dk/meet2018 ;-) ]

Hi Kmann
We’re having a rethink . We think we’d like to join you guys on 7 Sept and set off on our Northern Lights Trip 10 days earlier than planned and take in some of the West coast of Norway on the way to Tromso . Do you still have space ? Trebor and Caligirl

@Kmann , sounds like a great meet. Would love to attend as Denmark is our second home ( family in Herning) unfortunately school term time comes first :(. Have fun. :thumb

GAME ON!

The registration for the VW California Club Meet in Denmark is open!

It is the first meet in Denmark and number of pits are limited – so do not wait too long.

Please download the program and find all information before you register on the link below!

Download program and register

Looking forward to see you!

Iben & Henrik

View attachment 31899
Please put us down as definite Kmann 2 people all activities and dinner . I’ll fill in form when I get in tonight . Need reading glasses ! Trebor and Caligirl

Form completed and sent to you Kmann . Trebor

Last edited:
Just for info: According to Google it is 777 miles and 15 1/2 hrs, inc tolls, from my house in the West Midlands to the camp site. (via Harwich/Hook of Holland)
Unfortunately the ferry that used run to Esberg is no longer running.

Hi Jabberwocky . We are thinking of using Hawich ferry . Have you used it before ? We drove up through Belgium and Holland from Cherbourg on way to Hannover last year . It was Easter but roads were small dual carriageways with one lane nose to tail with wagons like A34 south on a Friday night . Not pleasant.

Hi Jabberwocky . We are thinking of using Hawich ferry . Have you used it before ? We drove up through Belgium and Holland from Cherbourg on way to Hannover last year . It was Easter but roads were small dual carriageways with one lane nose to tail with wagons like A34 south on a Friday night . Not pleasant.
Hi Robert, yes we have used the Harwich - Hook of Holland route many times both for holidays and business. We always do the overnight crossing and make an evening of it on the way out but ensure we don't plan to far the following day because the crew get you out of bed far too early and if you've up too late the night before.....and a day crossing on the way back.
Never really had a problem with traffic as you aim for the A20/A12 heading east to Amersfort and then E30 to just outside Osnabruck before heading north towards Hamburg on the E1. The roads are good and mostly dual carriageways or better (save the first few miles out of the Hook but that's OK as it's early in the morning!). Traffic gets busy around the big towns/cities as you would expect but usually OK unless an accident has occurred. Costs? Well we are booked for a return with cabin (bunk beds - way out only) and our total bill is £207.69. We think its a great way to start a north European trip and not expensive. We booked via Aferry by the way. If you've other questions let me know, happy to share our experiences.
Rik

Hi Kmann
We’re having a rethink . We think we’d like to join you guys on 7 Sept and set off on our Northern Lights Trip 10 days earlier than planned and take in some of the West coast of Norway on the way to Tromso . Do you still have space ? Trebor and Caligirl

Yes! Perfect! Hurry up ;-)

@Kmann , sounds like a great meet. Would love to attend as Denmark is our second home ( family in Herning) unfortunately school term time comes first :(. Have fun. :thumb

Pity you cant make it … next time (if a such occurs ;-))

Hi Robert, yes we have used the Harwich - Hook of Holland route many times both for holidays and business. We always do the overnight crossing and make an evening of it on the way out but ensure we don't plan to far the following day because the crew get you out of bed far too early and if you've up too late the night before.....and a day crossing on the way back.
Never really had a problem with traffic as you aim for the A20/A12 heading east to Amersfort and then E30 to just outside Osnabruck before heading north towards Hamburg on the E1. The roads are good and mostly dual carriageways or better (save the first few miles out of the Hook but that's OK as it's early in the morning!). Traffic gets busy around the big towns/cities as you would expect but usually OK unless an accident has occurred. Costs? Well we are booked for a return with cabin (bunk beds - way out only) and our total bill is £207.69. We think its a great way to start a north European trip and not expensive. We booked via Aferry by the way. If you've other questions let me know, happy to share our experiences.
Rik
Thanks Rik, we want to go but had no idea as to travel itinery.
Will book and catch up with you and Terry at Slimbridge

Thanks Rik, we want to go but had no idea as to travel itinery.
Will book and catch up with you and Terry at Slimbridge
Looking forwards.

Rik

Thanks very much Jabberwocky.Very useful . We were thinking of camping very close to Harwich and getting a Day crossing as night cabins were very booked when we looked . Do you think this is a good idea?

Thanks very much Jabberwocky.Very useful . We were thinking of camping very close to Harwich and getting a Day crossing as night cabins were very booked when we looked . Do you think this is a good idea?
That's another solution and I'm sure it's good. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. For us it means you travel while you sleep and in a perverse kind of way that sounds like a good thing to do when the journey is quite boring. Once you've seen one hour of seascape pass by the next is, well, the same! So we prefer to sleep through it.
I just looked at the route via AFerry and inside cabins are available for Sept 1 and 15th but price is quite high at £294 return inc cabin. If you go out on 2nd and return on 15th during the day (no Cabin) its £204. It is really horses for courses.
Hope this helps.

By the way, we booked weeks ago as we are including the meet in a much wider trip taking in Holland, Norway and Sweden before coming back through Denmark.
Rik

WOW!

A little over 24 hours since launch and half the pits are already gone … stoked!

We are so excited! And looking forward to seeing you all!

We are really keen to come with Dave and George (the dogs!) on what will be our first adventure to Denmark. I'm just about to get booked in and wondered, is the Country Music Café dog friendly also as we'd love to join in for the evening. I've had a quick google and can't find anything...

We are really keen to come with Dave and George (the dogs!) on what will be our first adventure to Denmark. I'm just about to get booked in and wondered, is the Country Music Café dog friendly also as we'd love to join in for the evening. I've had a quick google and can't find anything...

That sounds great!

I am not sure. Often dogs are not allowed into restaurants, but in a cafe, the atmosphere is looser. I will ask Nenne and Helmuth (owners) if dogs are allowed.

That sounds great!

I am not sure. Often dogs are not allowed into restaurants, but in a cafe, the atmosphere is looser. I will ask Nenne and Helmuth (owners) if dogs are allowed.

That's brilliant - thank you! I'll keep my eyes peeled for what they say.
If it helps - Dave and George are very well behaved and usually fall asleep under a table when in pubs / restaurants. They've been brought up going everywhere with us and know when to behave (a pocket full of treats also makes excellent bribery!) :)