Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Repairing or replacing wardrobe door?

MadMechanic

MadMechanic

VIP Member
My wardrobe door has fallen apart (the silver one) I have repaired it with tape but it is still not great.

Has anyone had these repaired under warranty? If not, has anyone repaired one themselves or ordered the new door and fitted it themselves?

Thanks in advance

J

Repaired it with duck tape. The door is quite easy to take out just unscrew the stops and I think it lifts out or might slide out . It's been ok it was a couple of years ago .

I had mine replaced under warranty last month @vindis Northampton.They have a master technician who does all the work on California's ,I was quite impressed with them all items (about 10 in total)fixed or replaced over two days with a loan car thrown in.

I had to replace both Tambor doors last year.

They are very easy to replace, just 2 self tapping screws on each door and then slide in. Only available from VW though.

Alan

I need a new rear door, it's been held together with duck tape for some time now. I'm thinking about getting a fabric type mesh and glueing in to the back, worth a go?

We can supply the wardrobe doors

Yes which one do you need the front or rear?

Rear sliding door £84.99 delivered

me too, should be a good market for these as they all seem to fail as soon as your warranty runs out!

You better order it from there then.

Add the vat and delivery onto that price you were quoted as our is including vat & delivery

My rear wardrobe door has also come apart - the existing tape has come away. I plan to get some good duck tape (clear) and stick it back. A little disappointed that its happened.

My rear wardrobe door was broken at the first flexible joint. I took it all out (just 2 screws and it pulls out) and noticed that to make the full door 2 flexible panels are used that link together and then on to the front plastic handle bit. As the front section connected to the handle was the bit that was broken I unclipped the 2 sections and attached the original rear section to the plastic handle giving an 'as new' secure fit, then taped the remaining piece to the now secured front section. Really easy and as the front section to plastic handle bit gets the abuse the taped together rear section should last. Time will tell if I have successfully saved the cost of a new sliding door. I would have taken photo's but wasn't expecting it too work;)

I have just found out that my rear Tambor sliding door is broken. The vertical slats have started to come apart from each other. They have a rubberised web between each of the slats as well as the tape. Holding it all together. Another item for the list to be sorted! That’s six now!

I have just found out that my rear Tambor sliding door is broken. The vertical slats have started to come apart from each other. They have a rubberised web between each of the slats as well as the tape. Holding it all together. Another item for the list to be sorted! That’s six now!
Same here (but wardrobe door) - mine has just come apart whilst away in France - I've now got no door but on the positive side a bit more room to stretch out in bed :( (I've previously repaired the rear door).

Same here (but wardrobe door) - mine has just come apart whilst away in France - I've now got no door but on the positive side a bit more room to stretch out in bed (I've previously repaired the rear door).
I do try to be positive but at less than a year and a half old.....:(

Noooo! I nearly did the same packing up in gusty conditions just outside Stavanger yesterday. Must check this morning as has now stopped raining - at last!!

Back