Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Restrict ALL members to 10 posts a week to make everyone THINK before they post

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
There's been unseemly behaviour lately on some threads. For those that have followed these threads you know which ones I'm talking about.

Given leopards don't change their spots how about a simple rule that would restrict the number of posts to 10 per week. Hopefully this would help some individuals to think before they post. There are a small number who seem to live their lives through the forum and either post with nothing to say or seem to let their rage at life show through. Which often spoils a sensible debate/discussion.

I'm sure there are loads of change management experts on the forum that will shoot me down in flames for this idea but it might just work.

Any other thoughts anyone?

How about a pay as you post scheme. 25p a post, 10p a like, 50p a thread and £1 to start a poll.
However you will then see 12,000 word posts covering all avenues.
Are we down to 9 till next Friday?

Do not want to use one of my 10 lives answering this one. Too late did not think before I posted a reply:(

In the absence of both a desire and a need to see censorship introduced I think it is quite good to have most of the discord swept up nicely into one non-cali related thread where protagonists can get as wordy and as unpleasant with each other as they feel they need whilst allowing the rest of us to talk about interesting things such as "I like my cali, what a great week I've just had".

There's been unseemly behaviour lately on some threads. For those that have followed these threads you know which ones I'm talking about.

Given leopards don't change their spots how about a simple rule that would restrict the number of posts to 10 per week. Hopefully this would help some individuals to think before they post. There are a small number who seem to live their lives through the forum and either post with nothing to say or seem to let their rage at life show through. Which often spoils a sensible debate/discussion.

I'm sure there are loads of change management experts on the forum that will shoot me down in flames for this idea but it might just work.

Yes. Restrict the Threads you read. You can do that through your Profile settings or block the individual posters.

Ristricting the nr. of posts is ridicules , as is paying for it ....
If eighter comes thru i am defo out here:D:D:D

Some make it a party by even 1 post a week so don't bother , don't get carried away with others stupidness;)

@Meoncoast! Yikes I'm at 6 already this week must watch out!

@geezo - here comes 12000 words NOT!

@GJ - you're probably right.....

@Meoncoast! Yikes I'm at 6 already this week must watch out!

@geezo - here comes 12000 words NOT!

@GJ - you're probably right.....
My point was that whatever the case it would be exploited, so your humour is wasted on me.

It's just very sad to see people getting at each other, by whatever means.

Life's too short and I love the forum for sharing our mutual love affairs with our vans.

....I sure would miss GJ's witty posts if she was restricted in numbers!

Just be nice...and someone told me to sleep on it if I felt like retalliating...I'm not a saint though and have got caught out on more than one occasion by not applying this 'rule'!

Roll on freedom of speech...

(Should I have slept on this....?!) :sorry

how about a simple rule that would restrict the number of posts to 10 per week.

I might try a variation of this on my missus! ;)

I might try a variation of this on my missus! ;)

Good post.
The rest is tripe.

Just off to Outer Hebrides for a couple of weeks.
No internet, no posts, no phones and no Tour de France.

'Mon messrs Froome and Yates: stick it to 'em.
:thumb

I'm in Oxford, dodging the bicycles.:bananadance

Good post.
The rest is tripe.

Just off to Outer Hebrides for a couple of weeks.
No internet, no posts, no phones and no Tour de France.

'Mon messrs Froome and Yates: stick it to 'em.
:thumb
Enjoy. I'll keep an eye on it for you. Stunning tour

Mike

I don't see a restriction on post being of much use as anyone could still use their 10 post to be offensive.

Any other thoughts

Leave it as it is, if you know which thread is going to offend you, don't read that thread- simples.

Surely the OP wasn't serious?

I know, I'm so wasteful and I don't even care! :happy

I never count the posts I make and I am not sure I even think anymore........(Oops, some one might say that they agree)

Would the week run from midnight Sunday? or would it be a seven day period from when you joined the forum?

Don't think I could ever agree to such a censorship I'm afraid. If people want to say something, let them do it. But I guess at the heart of your query is a timely reminder. We do need to try and be pleasant to each other on here, even if we may violently disagree over stuff. After all, haven't we got the Twitters and Facebooks for being nasty if we wish too ;)

Would the week run from midnight Sunday? or would it be a seven day period from when you joined the forum?
Rolling week, after your 10th post its a clear 1 week gap and so on

Back