Roof won't open smoothly, then stops at 90%

E

espenhb

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I don't know...

Just got back from getting the '05 approved with five seats, and figured I'd raise to roof and give it a good cleaning as it's been a while since it was last used for camping (about a year). Startet raising the roof and it was all jittery and slow. Figured it had just been sitting for too long. Tried helping it by lifting it with my hand, and it seemed to move smoother after a while, but it won't go all the way to the top.

I've tried putting oil on all hinges, raising it and lowering it, but it's just as if it has decieded that it won't go any further. And I can't quite figure out where the snag is.

Anyone experienced something similar that can give me an idea of where to start looking?

The sensor also seems to be a tad out of whack, saying that the roof is open when it is closed, but all it takes is to turn the unit and ignition of, and it set's it self straight.

I don't know...

Just got back from getting the '05 approved with five seats, and figured I'd raise to roof and give it a good cleaning as it's been a while since it was last used for camping (about a year). Startet raising the roof and it was all jittery and slow. Figured it had just been sitting for too long. Tried helping it by lifting it with my hand, and it seemed to move smoother after a while, but it won't go all the way to the top.

I've tried putting oil on all hinges, raising it and lowering it, but it's just as if it has decieded that it won't go any further. And I can't quite figure out where the snag is.

Anyone experienced something similar that can give me an idea of where to start looking?

The sensor also seems to be a tad out of whack, saying that the roof is open when it is closed, but all it takes is to turn the unit and ignition of, and it set's it self straight.
Check for any hydraulic fluid leaks around the Hydraulic rams for the roof and check the Fluid level in the pump.

Will do. But would that explain the jittering and the roof seemingly getting stuck? First time I tried to raise it it struggled moving at all and I had to help it get going. I figured that if it was a hydraulic problem, it wouldn't have improved as i raised and lowered it a few times.

Will do. But would that explain the jittering and the roof seemingly getting stuck? First time I tried to raise it it struggled moving at all and I had to help it get going. I figured that if it was a hydraulic problem, it wouldn't have improved as i raised and lowered it a few times.
If there was fluid loss then it might have air in the lines which was then compressed/circulated back to reservoir but the insufficient fluid to fully expand the rams to fully extend roof.