Rustic Norway........

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Every Camp site on Norway has cooking facilities I am told. Yes, yes I am told again. We stopped at a site just south of Trondheim last night - rustic I think is the appropriate word! It was very quiet - great nights sleep!

754D6345-2EA7-4AC8-8B5F-6BD103021DA3.jpeg

BC483683-13D4-40F8-A1AA-0848070BBA2D.jpeg

81B4C4CC-BEBE-44BA-8334-864708DF86E3.jpeg

330D7BCD-3146-4CF9-B405-5F27B4AE2679.jpeg

2AAA73F7-C723-423C-AFE0-C5E5B8EA1375.jpeg

Last edited:
People always seems to go to luxuary campsites while the above is the basic and actually what camping is all about.

More rustic than some - but love it. All the basics are there. Love the Art work.:thumb

Loving seeing your Norwegian adventures Rick. More pictures pllllease?!

Loving seeing your Norwegian adventures Rick. More pictures pllllease?!
Breakfast in Trollstiggen with very curious goats. We are inside to avoid getting headbutted, which if you have experienced it is painfull!

91C66EDE-5820-43C7-AE81-B5D5D406FF15.jpeg

Nice collection of Troll Tourist tat in the gift shop there :)
So far the Cali has remained a Troll free zone.

Norway, would love to do that! Rustic is beautiful ;-) My family is all from there and never been!

@Brembo , yes it is. Only rule is that you can not stay the night within' a certain range of private houses. (Don't know the exact distance) . Common sense is the rule imo.
But however there are loads of organised places(aires) to spend the night for free without breaking the rules.
We only used a campsite every 2-3 days on our three week trip in Norway .

Why aren't you wild camping Rik?
Best country we have been to for it. Some incredible spots just of the main roads.
We have been making a mix of things including a wild camp in the valley at the bottom of Trollstiggen where we have some unexpected breakfast guests!
We are just on the ferry to the Lofoten’s and will be looking to find some nice WC spots with great views. Forecast is for 26 on Saturday too.

312B125A-EC6E-4749-A003-F388CDFEB38F.jpeg

Uh! My wife just told me you can’t Wild Camp in the Lofoton’s. The Lofoton Code apparently. Anyone aware of this?

We did quite a bit.
Spoke to a local there who said it was fine.
Perhaps changed in the last couple of years.

Don’t arrive until 22;00 so just booking camp site for first night just in case, so should be OK for tonight.

The A end of Lofoten is very crowded and touristy. You'll find it hard to find a wild camping spot. Further east will be easier.
Thanks Tom, sounds like good advice. Definitely have plans tomorrow in this direction. Just looking towards land as we are about to arrive and they seem to be surounded with a strange fog/sea mist. Photo attached.

42EDD70F-AA3A-4D04-877A-4DFCAA3A963F.jpeg

Thanks Tom, sounds like good advice. Definitely have plans tomorrow in this direction. Just looking towards land as we are about to arrive and they seem to be surounded with a strange fog/sea mist. Photo attached.

View attachment 35895
Here's my photo of the same.
image26.jpeg

We assumed that the mist/halo was heat haze. (In the Lofotens?!)

Hey ho, as it happens long queues for campsite and phone “booking” seemed rather uncertain from our side so decided not to wait. Got stuck behind a very slow German great white but found this. Now 10:43 and still alone. Fingers crossed!88A91608-2413-4288-A184-BDB2E89394C6.jpeg