Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sad

@GrannyJen did I ever mentioned that Albert is a good strong name to me? One I like
My grandad turned 101 years old befor he past away in peace so Albert (1) or Albert 2 are going to keep on rolling and supporting your upcoming adventures!

@GrannyJen did I ever mentioned that Albert is a good strong name to me? One I like
My grandad turned 101 years old befor he past away in peace so Albert (1) or Albert 2 are going to keep on rolling and supporting your upcoming adventures!

... and his name was Albert!

It looks as though Albert has new owners and I am very pleased. A family that shares the same ambitions to go to places that only a Cali can get to and Albert will be well looked after.

Now I just have to convince a man to sell me a van .... goodness, this prompts a ditty....

I really don't want to let out a moan,
but never been fond of a two tone,
but grey below and white above
does seem something I could get to love

Such an expense for a set of wheels
does demand the finest of deals
but one thing it has really makes me rock
at last! Four wheel drive with a diff lock!

Dynaudio is something I could do without
but a nice sound when out and about
An electric door! More thuds and a beep
to ensure my neighbours get woken from sleep!

Nice wheels but I don't care if they're pretty
As long as I can move when the weather's ....... er... not very nice
Alcantara seats, easy to clean
and the wood effect floor is really mean

So over all a package I like
and registered before the November price hike
and the thing I needed most to find
an extended warranty for peace of mind.

It looks as though Albert has new owners and I am very pleased. A family that shares the same ambitions to go to places that only a Cali can get to and Albert will be well looked after.

Now I just have to convince a man to sell me a van .... goodness, this prompts a ditty....

A weight off your mind which clearly gave you literary inspiration - nice one !

Sounds like an amazing spec van, grey and white does look nice. Does it have the led headlights and chrome pack too?
I was looking at pre reg white 4motion manual but wasn't sure how the road tax works? Will the first year be paid for if it's already pre reg, does it transfer over?

Sounds like an amazing spec van, grey and white does look nice. Does it have the led headlights and chrome pack too?
I was looking at pre reg white 4motion manual but wasn't sure how the road tax works? Will the first year be paid for if it's already pre reg, does it transfer over?

Sadly, as I recall the VED is payable :(

It has LED's, not the chrome pack, but really 4WD DSG, they are like hen's teeth and I can't wait 6 months. Also, as my Sister pointed out, the colour scheme matches her Eriba caravan :D

So are the manual ones!

Isn't the 1st year VED silly amount like £1700ish,
Sorry if it sounds like I'm being nosey? That was the thing putting me off the white 150 manual one which was reg in July.

So are the manual ones!

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being nosey? That was the thing putting me off the white 150 manual one which was reg in July.

I believe its £800 on the 4M 204 DSG , the petrols are £1200

So are the manual ones!

The dealer takes part of the hit, I have to fork out £450.

That's not to bad, do you know what it is each year after? I paid £305 this year, haven't got my head round the new tax.
Don't forget to add some pics when you get it.

That's not to bad, do you know what it is each year after? I paid £305 this year, haven't got my head round the new tax.
Don't forget to add some pics when you get it.

£450 f0r the next five years ..... RTB

RTB --- first word is Robbing, second thieving ...

Sounds amazing!! Good luck with getting a suitable deal, get your "dealer-boots" on - The power is always with the buyer, never let a seller try to convince you otherwise.

Sounds amazing!! Good luck with getting a suitable deal, get your "dealer-boots" on - The power is always with the buyer, never let a seller try to convince you otherwise.

The deed is done. A deal that I am happy with and one that conjures up a picture of a dealer principal reaching for the Valium so happiness all round.

I like to sound terribly hard-headed but the nicest thing is Albert is going to a lovely home, one that will fully embrace just what a Cali can do for them.

The deed is done. A deal that I am happy with and one that conjures up a picture of a dealer principal reaching for the Valium so happiness all round.

I like to sound terribly hard-headed but the nicest thing is Albert is going to a lovely home, one that will fully embrace just what a Cali can do for them.
Cool
There was a white and grey one in liverpool a few months back.looks nice in the flesh, I don't think pics do them justice.
white is great and so is grey to so both together can't be a bad thing.enjoy I bet you cannot wait to pick it up :)

Excellent news. The colours sound a great match to the Eriba and the rest has all you want. (The tow bar is fitted of course??:Nailbiting) Now the naming and wine launch ceremony.:thumb:thumb:thumb

GrannyJen,

Good to meet you today and glad you have done the deal for Albert 2. We are super excited to start out adventures with Albert. We will treat him well and take him far! Girls already planning first night sleep locations.

GrannyJen,

Good to meet you today and glad you have done the deal for Albert 2. We are super excited to start out adventures with Albert. We will treat him well and take him far! Girls already planning first night sleep locations.

I feel exhausted after the last hour of haggling :D

I am dropping you an email.

It is good also to see you in the forum, there are a great bunch of people here that will be only too pleased to help with any queries that you have and lots and lots that have been North of the Arctic circle.

A bit of topic but Is this your 3cali granny Jen??
I joined this forum in 2011 and from memory you had a yellow one?
I left the forum for a few years and went down the motorhome route,say no more, a good experience but a bit premature,
after a while I tried to log on but forgot all my log in details and had to re join in 2017
Now I have another Cali and love it,, the forum has grown loads over the years.amazing how popular Californias have become in the last 7 years.i purchased my first one in 09 then replaced It in 11,have you owned a Cali all these years..:)

Ooohh, wood effect floor, I'm keen to see what this looks like in 'real life'.

Love to see a picture when you get him.

Congrats :)

@GrannyJen: Congratulations! What more can I say? Looking forward to seeing some pics, and also from @Erem taking Albert further. Welcome to you guys to …

BTW: My son in law is called Arthur. Strong name, and a beautiful bright and wonderful person (and very adventurous) – so thumbs up for that name from here ;-)

A bit of topic but Is this your 3cali granny Jen??
I joined this forum in 2011 and from memory you had a yellow one?
I left the forum for a few years and went down the motorhome route,say no more, a good experience but a bit premature,
after a while I tried to log on but forgot all my log in details and had to re join in 2017
Now I have another Cali and love it,, the forum has grown loads over the years.amazing how popular Californias have become in the last 7 years.i purchased my first one in 09 then replaced It in 11,have you owned a Cali all these years..:)

No, Albert was my first, 2013, and we arrived via a circuitous route.

I had just become a Granny, was mostly living in London, but also sharing dogs, home and lots of other things with my Sister who lived in the most rural part of very rural Somerset. Three days there and I would be going stir crazy and heading back on the first train to London.

Well, we both became Grandparents around the same time, all our family was living on the South coast, I was recovering from cancer and determined to retire again - properly this time, about my 5th attempt, so Jo and I decided to sell our respective bits of real estate and share a house on the South coast.

She had one stipulation: "Get out of my hair for at least two days a week... give me a break!".... so I dreamed up a two year project to keep me busy and bought a camper to allow that project to be realised :D

4 years on and I will never ever be without a camper, and, as for Mrs "give me a break". ..... she insisted that I put a towbar on the camper so that she can come with me towing a caravan for her to live in :shocked

@GrannyJen: Congratulations! What more can I say? Looking forward to seeing some pics, and also from @Erem taking Albert further. Welcome to you guys to …

BTW: My son in law is called Arthur. Strong name, and a beautiful bright and wonderful person (and very adventurous) – so thumbs up for that name from here ;-)

The name has yet to be chosen, there will be a ceremony for that when Albert 2 is brought home, but currently Freddie and Alfred are in first and second place. However Albert was named after a regal figure who was stood solid in support of his Queen, and one only has to go back to the Celtic origins of my own name to find a legendary figure who also was a monarch to a queen ...... :D

GrannyJen,

You'll need to look at Granny Jens signature.
If Albert starts to vibrate on your travels and the kitchen shakes it's self loose......it's cold Turkey. Put some wine in the cooler and he'll be fine. :D

No, Albert was my first, 2013, and we arrived via a circuitous route.

I had just become a Granny, was mostly living in London, but also sharing dogs, home and lots of other things with my Sister who lived in the most rural part of very rural Somerset. Three days there and I would be going stir crazy and heading back on the first train to London.

Well, we both became Grandparents around the same time, all our family was living on the South coast, I was recovering from cancer and determined to retire again - properly this time, about my 5th attempt, so Jo and I decided to sell our respective bits of real estate and share a house on the South coast.

She had one stipulation: "Get out of my hair for at least two days a week... give me a break!".... so I dreamed up a two year project to keep me busy and bought a camper to allow that project to be realised :D

4 years on and I will never ever be without a camper, and, as for Mrs "give me a break". ..... she insisted that I put a towbar on the camper so that she can come with me towing a caravan for her to live in :shocked
Sounds like your enjoying life to the full,
Cannot wait until the day we can just sod off for a few days weeks ect when ever suits...

Back