Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Self Quarantine How easy is it

Day 2 of self isolation here for our family can we keep a safe distance from Stanley our 5 year old who has a nasty cough, no is the simple answer to that are we going stir crazy not yet we are building structure into our day. I have asked work if there is anything I can do so am now providing technical support down the phone for our contact centre for gas related problems for residents of the housing association I work for.
This is a very serious situation we find ourselves in as a society the most serious since the Second World War, the difference is our grandparents were sent off to fight where we are being asked to sit on the sofa watch Netflix
Ben and Jack are 6 and 4

This is our timetable for the day

8.00 reading
8.30 playtime
9.00 numbers
9.45 playtime
10.15 writing
11.00 walking the dog - the only time we leave the home
12.00 lunch
12.30 playtime
1.00 baking bread
2.30 playtime
3.00 construction toys
4.00 playtime
4.30 television
5.30 playtime
6.15 dinner
7.00 bath

I just got an Amazon delivery. (Panic buying coffee).
Open door, pick up package, close door with elbow. Unwrap package and put cardboard at the bottom of pile for kindling. (Virus can live for three days on cardboard) Wash hands. Have a cup of coffee.
I’m on a water meter, bills going to be enormous

Mike
Our Amazon guy throws the package at me over the gate.

Note to self, don’t order anything heavy...

Ben and Jack are 6 and 4

8.00 reading
8.30 playtime
9.00 numbers
9.45 playtime
10.15 writing
12.00 lunch
12.30 playtime
1.00 baking bread
2.30 playtime
3.00 construction toys
4.00 playtime
4.30 television
5.30 playtime
6.15 dinner
7.00 bath

I'm working from home, my timetable is very similar :)

Ben and Jack are 6 and 4

8.00 reading
8.30 playtime
9.00 numbers
9.45 playtime
10.15 writing
12.00 lunch
12.30 playtime
1.00 baking bread
2.30 playtime
3.00 construction toys
4.00 playtime
4.30 television
5.30 playtime
6.15 dinner
7.00 bath

Preparing a loaf of bread to bake takes 90 minutes? Do you call that productivity? No wonder British industry is in such a mess.

:upsidedown

Nice. We make our own loaves (using machine for the dough, but then proved and baked in oven, I know it's odd), but when we got back to UK last week we found people have been panic buying yeast. Yeast!

Ben and Jack are 6 and 4

8.00 reading
8.30 playtime
9.00 numbers
9.45 playtime
10.15 writing
12.00 lunch
12.30 playtime
1.00 baking bread
2.30 playtime
3.00 construction toys
4.00 playtime
4.30 television
5.30 playtime
6.15 dinner
7.00 bath

What are the kids doing while your doing all that ?

Mike

At the start of this they were talking about a superhuman effort might get a vaccine in 18-24 months. There is now some talk of a year and I even heard by the Autumn is possible.
Race on for the Nobel prize.
There are reports that Trump has been offering shed loads of cash to a German company for exclusive rights to their intellectual property.

I have a 26 panel fence to replace, a 5000 pc jigsaw to do, a TV to watch, a cinema to go to (Netfliks), a computer with internet access, a hobby building slot cars, FaceTime to keep in touch with my family, lots of books/maps for planning my next Cali trips(!), access to one of the best forums ....... the list goes on.
Lets do it and get out the other side safely.

Sometimes I love what that guy does...

...at other times, I think he's the proof that aliens live amongst us!! :oops: :D
I thought they worked for the US postal service or was that just Hollywood’s take on it from men in black

Nice. We make our own loaves (using machine for the dough, but then proved and baked in oven, I know it's odd), but when we got back to UK last week we found people have been panic buying yeast. Yeast!
Just back from a yeast hunt and finally came across a stash in the local deli, milk powder is the next challenge.

Letter from school today
====

18th March 2020

Dear Mums, Dads and Carers,

As you have probably seen in the media, there is an increasing thought that it won’t be long before schools are asked to close, either partially or fully. We have therefore been working to ensure that we have a system in place to allow children to have access to age appropriate work, every day that we are potentially closed.

In the event that the school is closed, there will be new information and guidance published on the school website, in each year group’s page:

[deleted school web site]

On each year group page, you will find:

• Links to useful websites that you can access with your child as you see fit.
• Some ‘practical ideas’ for you to carry out with your child if you wish.
• Some key spellings for each year group for you to practise with your child.
• The times tables that each year group are learning this year for you to work on with your child.
• A link to Google Classroom where you can access work on a daily basis (see info below)

Google Classroom

After a successful test, we will be using this online platform to set daily work for all children in Reception – Year 6 to complete at home (Please note: There is a guide attached to this letter which includes the login details and how to access the work).

This work will consist of 3 elements each day:

• A maths activity
• A writing activity
• A reading comprehension or phonics activity

The work will be uploaded to the website between 3-4pm everyday ready for the next day e.g. Monday’s work will be available by 4pm on Sunday and so on. The work will be designed to last for approximately 1-2 hours per day and is aimed at the age related expectation for each year group. You will have access to all year groups’ pages using the guidance above and are therefore able to use work from an alternative year group if that is more appropriate for your child.

The work will be predominantly in pdf format and there is no requirement for the work to be printed or for the children to answer it online. Instead we will be providing all children with an exercise book in which they can record their work. Answers will be available where applicable so that parents can mark the work at home (Please note: There is no expectation for these home learning books to be returned for marking once school reopens.)

To help the children to be able to complete these activities we will also be providing each child with the following:

All year groups will receive:
• A blank exercise book
• A pencil
• A rubber
• A pencil sharpener

In addition other year groups will receive the following:

Reception & Year 1:
• A glue stick

Year 4, 5 & 6:
• A handwriting pen

All of these items will be coming home from today in preparation for a closure.

Please note that the work on Google Classroom will not be available until the school is officially closed.

Reading

In addition to the Google Classroom work, we would also like the children to be reading every day. Therefore, we will also be sending the children home with up to 3 reading books each for them to read at home during the closure. The titles of these books will be written on a slip of paper, which will be stuck into the blank exercise book that your child brings home. This is in order for you to know which books will need to be returned when the school is open again.

Once the children have read the school books that they come home with, we would ask for them to read their own books at home or ask that they access the Oxford Owl website. Once registered on this website, you and your child will have free access to hundreds of age appropriate reading books.

We are faced with an unpredictable and unprecedented time over the next few months but hope that the above provision will allow for your child to continue to progress with their learning in the absence of formal schooling, we also hope that it provides you with a clear idea of what your child should be completing each day and helps to provide a structure that enables you to stay sane! For more on providing structure at home, you may wish to read the following:

If you require any technical support with Google Classroom over the closure, please email:
[deleted email address]

Once again I would like to thank you all for your continued support and rest assured that we will keep you updated with any further details of school closure as soon as they become available. In the meantime, please follow the government guidance, keep your families safe and contact the office if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Head Teacher

At the start of this they were talking about a superhuman effort might get a vaccine in 18-24 months. There is now some talk of a year and I even heard by the Autumn is possible.
Race on for the Nobel prize.

Mike

Worlds newest billionaire is born......
Now, will he be Chinese or American...???
:confused:

Letter from school today
====

18th March 2020

Dear Mums, Dads and Carers,

As you have probably seen in the media, there is an increasing thought that it won’t be long before schools are asked to close, either partially or fully. We have therefore been working to ensure that we have a system in place to allow children to have access to age appropriate work, every day that we are potentially closed.

In the event that the school is closed, there will be new information and guidance published on the school website, in each year group’s page:

[deleted school web site]

On each year group page, you will find:

• Links to useful websites that you can access with your child as you see fit.
• Some ‘practical ideas’ for you to carry out with your child if you wish.
• Some key spellings for each year group for you to practise with your child.
• The times tables that each year group are learning this year for you to work on with your child.
• A link to Google Classroom where you can access work on a daily basis (see info below)

Google Classroom

After a successful test, we will be using this online platform to set daily work for all children in Reception – Year 6 to complete at home (Please note: There is a guide attached to this letter which includes the login details and how to access the work).

This work will consist of 3 elements each day:

• A maths activity
• A writing activity
• A reading comprehension or phonics activity

The work will be uploaded to the website between 3-4pm everyday ready for the next day e.g. Monday’s work will be available by 4pm on Sunday and so on. The work will be designed to last for approximately 1-2 hours per day and is aimed at the age related expectation for each year group. You will have access to all year groups’ pages using the guidance above and are therefore able to use work from an alternative year group if that is more appropriate for your child.

The work will be predominantly in pdf format and there is no requirement for the work to be printed or for the children to answer it online. Instead we will be providing all children with an exercise book in which they can record their work. Answers will be available where applicable so that parents can mark the work at home (Please note: There is no expectation for these home learning books to be returned for marking once school reopens.)

To help the children to be able to complete these activities we will also be providing each child with the following:

All year groups will receive:
• A blank exercise book
• A pencil
• A rubber
• A pencil sharpener

In addition other year groups will receive the following:

Reception & Year 1:
• A glue stick

Year 4, 5 & 6:
• A handwriting pen

All of these items will be coming home from today in preparation for a closure.

Please note that the work on Google Classroom will not be available until the school is officially closed.

Reading

In addition to the Google Classroom work, we would also like the children to be reading every day. Therefore, we will also be sending the children home with up to 3 reading books each for them to read at home during the closure. The titles of these books will be written on a slip of paper, which will be stuck into the blank exercise book that your child brings home. This is in order for you to know which books will need to be returned when the school is open again.

Once the children have read the school books that they come home with, we would ask for them to read their own books at home or ask that they access the Oxford Owl website. Once registered on this website, you and your child will have free access to hundreds of age appropriate reading books.

We are faced with an unpredictable and unprecedented time over the next few months but hope that the above provision will allow for your child to continue to progress with their learning in the absence of formal schooling, we also hope that it provides you with a clear idea of what your child should be completing each day and helps to provide a structure that enables you to stay sane! For more on providing structure at home, you may wish to read the following:

If you require any technical support with Google Classroom over the closure, please email:
[deleted email address]

Once again I would like to thank you all for your continued support and rest assured that we will keep you updated with any further details of school closure as soon as they become available. In the meantime, please follow the government guidance, keep your families safe and contact the office if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Head Teacher

Wee Nicola Krankie has said Scottish schools may not reopen before end of summer
I expect we have an update incoming at todays daily press conference

English schools to close from Friday afternoon until further notice (Ed Sec announcement in Parliament).

English schools to close from Friday afternoon until further notice (Ed Sec announcement in Parliament).

Remaining open for NHS workers and pizza delivery drivers’ children if I correctly understood what BoJo was saying at a later press conference.

Edit
=====
Mr Williamson said examples of key workers include NHS staff, police and delivery drivers.
=====

Back