Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Self Quarantine How easy is it

And Milton completed Paradise Lost in Chalfont St Giles while fleeing the Plague in London.

No pressure, then...
I’m planning on doing an oil change, does that count?

To lighten the mood (and maybe lower the tone).

We were told to sneeze and cough into the crook of our elbow, so lots of people panic bought and hoarded toilet paper! Just goes to show that most people don’t know their a**e from their elbow!

Just been informed that as of Sat 21st
we are on Level 4 Disaster protection.

Important: it is not a general curfew. People can continue to leave the house or apartment for urgent matters and, for example, go to work, to the doctor or to shopping. Walks, jogging and going for a walk are also allowed - but only on their own or with the people who live in their own household. The regulation applies from Saturday, March 21, and initially until Friday, April 3.

My wife is a nurse and they have been handing out letters to them to show the police if they get stopped. Lockdown!!

[..

Important: it is not a general curfew. People can continue to leave the house or apartment for urgent matters and, for example, go to work, to the doctor or to shopping. Walks, jogging and going for a walk are also allowed - but only on their own or with the people who live in their own household. The regulation applies from Saturday, March 21, and initially until Friday, April 3.

Makes sense, although there will always be a handful who chose to ignore.

"Also on Friday the Wetherspoon's boss said his pubs would stay open, despite government advice to avoid pubs. Tim Martin told the BBC there would be no pub closures despite the government's advice for people to avoid pubs. "In the early part of the current week, following the Prime Minister's advice to avoid pubs, sales have declined at a significantly higher rate," he said. But a shutdown in the face of coronavirus would be "over the top", he said. He said a sensible balance was for pubs to open but to implement "social distancing" measures, like no drinking at the bar." (BBC news website)

Nice to see we don't need to rely on the government's public health experts, when business owners are clearly in a much better position to know what's good for us.

FFS.

"Also on Friday the Wetherspoon's boss said his pubs would stay open, despite government advice to avoid pubs. Tim Martin told the BBC there would be no pub closures despite the government's advice for people to avoid pubs. "In the early part of the current week, following the Prime Minister's advice to avoid pubs, sales have declined at a significantly higher rate," he said. But a shutdown in the face of coronavirus would be "over the top", he said. He said a sensible balance was for pubs to open but to implement "social distancing" measures, like no drinking at the bar." (BBC news website)

Nice to see we don't need to rely on the government's public health experts, when business owners are clearly in a much better position to know what's good for us.

FFS.

I see there's a bar in Oxford drumming up business by offering 10% discount to NHS workers, as a sign of thanks! :headbang:headbang

In Germany or UK?

Starting Monday 23rd March, body coach Joe Wicks is doing a 30 minute PE workout for kids up to secondary school age at 9am Monday to Friday on his YouTube channel.

"With the schools closed and with us all spending more time at home, it's more important than ever that we keep moving and stay healthy and positive.

Exercise is an amazing tool to help us feel happier, more energised, and more optimistic.

The workouts will be fun and suitable for all ages and even adults can get involved.

You don't need any equipment, just tune in to my YouTube channel at 9am each morning for a 30-minute, fun workout.
"

Announced here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6r99N3kXME

Ive got a certificate for 100yds breaststroke , does that count

The fact that it's yards not metres probably means you're in the "more vulnerable" category.

A bit like if you're old enough to be able to say what a slide rule is and does. Or to explain the functional relationship between an audio cassette and a pencil.

The fact that it's yards not metres probably means you're in the "more vulnerable" category.

A bit like if you're old enough to be able to say what a slide rule is and does. Or to explain the functional relationship between an audio cassette and a pencil.
Ah yes I remember learning aboute slide rules and cassette tapes in history at school. Honest.

I still get my British Thornton out to show the ankle biters, they come up with a reciprocal.....
In these times of shortage at last I have a use for my log’ tables .........I’d suggest an alternative for the pencil in the form of ‘what happens to a constipated mathematician?’
And, to try and be serious, our leaderounies are negotiating with the mobile phone companies to track and check we are being compliant.
What else will be buried in the emergency powers to come??
If and when this is over I for one expect to step/drive out into a very different society. Meantimes, stay isolatory safely everybody.

I still get my British Thornton out to show the ankle biters, they come up with a reciprocal.....
In these times of shortage at last I have a use for my log’ tables .........I’d suggest an alternative for the pencil in the form of ‘what happens to a constipated mathematician?’
And, to try and be serious, our leaderounies are negotiating with the mobile phone companies to track and check we are being compliant.
What else will be buried in the emergency powers to come??
If and when this is over I for one expect to step/drive out into a very different society. Meantimes, stay isolatory safely everybody.
Couldnt afford a slide rule, we had pebbles

Ah yes I remember learning aboute slide rules and cassette tapes in history at school. Honest.

I was a researcher on the humanities staff of University of Virginia a few years ago, the demographic of the US Civil war my speciality. Discussing the privations of the south post conflict and one of my students starts to discuss how it must have been pretty similar in Britain post war and during rationing, telescoping the two epochs together ....... I had to resist the temptation to let him know that I have memories of those times :(

I was a researcher on the humanities staff of University of Virginia a few years ago, the demographic of the US Civil war my speciality. Discussing the privations of the south post conflict and one of my students starts to discuss how it must have been pretty similar in Britain post war and during rationing, telescoping the two epochs together ....... I had to resist the temptation to let him know that I have memories of those times :(
A relative of mine sent me a photo and list of the wartime ration that one person would receive for a week. Let’s just say obesity would be a distant memory if we had that in this day and age

Back