Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service

calibeach76

calibeach76

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Took the van out to collect a prescription yesterday, first run in a few weeks, it is calling for service in 6 days but only on 9k so assume it is on a timed service opposed to miles. Under current restrictions and closed dealerships what impact will not having service have on warranty? Cheers

Took the van out to collect a prescription yesterday, first run in a few weeks, it is calling for service in 6 days but only on 9k so assume it is on a timed service opposed to miles. Under current restrictions and closed dealerships what impact will not having service have on warranty? Cheers
None

Or for a slightly fuller (and maybe more helpful?) answer...

From VW UK website (NOT VW Commercial but I'd guess similar replies):

"If a service has not been carried out on time due to COVID-19-related restrictions, and there is a consequential warranty claim connected to the late service, then a decision on the claim will be made by our retailer network on a case-by-case basis. A late service does not automatically invalidate your vehicle’s warranty, but what’s most important is to get the service done as soon as you can in a Volkswagen retailer once it’s safe for you to leave the house, in line with government advice."

(Although, it perpetuates the usual manufacturer bollocks that having servicing done by a non-franchised workshop will invalidate the warranty - that restrictive condition was outlawed in 2003. Alhtouhg I htink that doesn;t apply in any extended warranty period).

In any case a warranty claim must be allowed unless the owner contributed in some way to the fault. So if you didn't get your oil changed and the engine failed, your problem. If the sink tap suddenly fell off your Cali within the warranty, makes no difference if you'd been late with general servicing (although they might still try it on with you).

Thanks Velma's Dad. It is odd as there was no countdown and nothing 3 weeks ago when we last took a trip to Wales. I get in yesterday and it says 6 days and now 5. I obviously intend to have it done ASAP. I might just email the dealer and get something in writing from them. It also shows a paper trail on my part of intent! Cheers buddy

Thanks Velma's Dad. It is odd as there was no countdown and nothing 3 weeks ago when we last took a trip to Wales. I get in yesterday and it says 6 days and now 5. I obviously intend to have it done ASAP. I might just email the dealer and get something in writing from them. It also shows a paper trail on my part of intent! Cheers buddy
Countdown wouldn't start at 3 weeks plus a week, 1 month.
If you hadn't used it due to CV then first you'd see was an overdue warning, no doubt many will be checking now.:shocked

Back