Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show us your "Two Tone" California

Lovley, looks a tight fit down the side of the house or is that just the pic angle.
It’s a little tight, however, nowhere near as tight as the camera angle makes it look.

Just picked the new cali up today. Happens to be two tone and totally taken with it already.
Fabulous looking! I've got a very similar one on order and I'm intrigued by your pics (and now tempted to switch to two tone from plain bay leaf green).

I'm guessing you've gone with the chrome package, but looks like you've also got some extra chrome side bars under the sides at the bottom? What option is that?

Saw this lovely reflex silver and starlight blue 6.1 Beach whilst leaving Zurich a couple of days ago. Absolutely fab. Sorely tempted to wrap the top of our blue 6.1.

(Sorry for photo quality, they were taken by my 9 year old son whilst I was driving!)
PXL_20210806_075450072.jpg

PXL_20210806_075452316.jpg

Saw this lovely reflex silver and starlight blue 6.1 Beach whilst leaving Zurich a couple of days ago. Absolutely fab. Sorely tempted to wrap the top of our blue 6.1.

(Sorry for photo quality, they were taken by my 9 year old son whilst I was driving!)
View attachment 82760

View attachment 82761
That looks very nice indeed.

Why we Brits cannot get that colour combination or others beats me. We have a choice of only three colour combos in the UK whilst our European cousins get seven. What possible reason could there be for VW to restrict our choice?

If I were looking for a new van I'd rather like the current metalic red with reflex silver combo. Yes, I know, I couldn't have it. :headbang

That looks very nice indeed.

Why we Brits cannot get that colour combination or others beats me. We have a choice of only three colour combos in the UK whilst our European cousins get seven. What possible reason could there be for VW to restrict our choice?

If I were looking for a new van I'd rather like the current metalic red with reflex silver combo. Yes, I know, I couldn't have it. :headbang
There is no logical reason to limit our colour choice - they all come out of the same factory.

When our original T6 order was written off, we asked if we could have a silver-blue combo for the replacement 6.1, and were told by VW UK we could if ordered 10 of them!

Hello, we are the van's new owners, we bought it last week from just outside Gatwick. Did you call it Alfie or Frieda? Charles

He was called Alfie.

I'm so pleased you have got in touch, I have a couple of bits you may want, such as the Heater remote :)

As you are not a VIP member I cannot PM you but you can contact me via the contact page on the website that is in my signature line.

Hello, we are the van's new owners, we bought it last week from just outside Gatwick. Did you call it Alfie or Frieda? Charles

Oh, and your profile is improperly described! Alfie is/was a T6 204 4mo, not a 150 :D

Hello. Lovely to hear from you, thanks for getting in touch. We bought Alfie just over a week ago and are complete amateurs but filled with enthusiasm. You are completely correct about the profile information, it is just that trying to find the edit button has completely eluded me.
We would be very interested in any stuff that will be useful, I saw your post from 2015 about remote heating control but assumed that it was to do with a previous vehicle. Do you have anything else that we might consider?
We have so far had one night in Alfie parked in our garden in the sheeting rain and loved it. Next step is a night away probably next week —- it is a steep learning curve when you start at zero!
all the best
Charles

Hello. Lovely to hear from you, thanks for getting in touch. We bought Alfie just over a week ago and are complete amateurs but filled with enthusiasm. You are completely correct about the profile information, it is just that trying to find the edit button has completely eluded me.
We would be very interested in any stuff that will be useful, I saw your post from 2015 about remote heating control but assumed that it was to do with a previous vehicle. Do you have anything else that we might consider?
We have so far had one night in Alfie parked in our garden in the sheeting rain and loved it. Next step is a night away probably next week —- it is a steep learning curve when you start at zero!
all the best
Charles

Hi Charles

You are more than welcome to make your next trip in Alfie to West Sussex, park in our drive, have dinner and glass of wine with myself and Jo, my Sister, and you can have "freedom of the house" rooting through my Cali cupboard and having whatever you wish. of course I will also give you the benefit of everything I know about the Cali.

You have bought a fine vehicle, Congratulations.

BTW, Alfie is named after the second son of Albert and Victoria (Albert was his predecessor), and a brave, courageous gentleman who was utterly P*ssed of having to surrender his well deserved naval career to take over the Duchy of Saxe-coburg.

Jen