Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Silly to order our T6 just now?

Life is too short to wait that long.
I am about to part with very nearly a shed full of cash for a new T5 and have also had this conversation with my wife. Are we doing the right thing? Well the answer is, who knows! But...........
There will be a big investigation. Lots of mud will be slung about and some will stick to the other manufacturers. The lawyers will make a fortune. VW will take a big hit, be on the naughty step for a while but will come back determined to win back confidence in their brand. Customers both existing and potential will be wooed. There will be lots of very loud shouting about the need to get rid of the nasty diesel engine. We will all end up paying even more in direct and indirect taxation to use diesels. The Chancellor will rub his hands with glee. New emissions tests will be brought in. Diesels will be made cleaner and life will go on.

The prospect of a Cali is just as attractive as it was last week. I suspect residual values wont be affected much, if at all since Calis are about a lifestyle change which will always appeal and be in demand. Also, as someone has already said, if loads of people cancel orders then the residuals may improve due to shortage of second hand examples down the line. If you really want one then now could be a good time to order as the waiting list may just have become a bit shorter. If I am wrong and VW goes bust and diesel drys up then you've got yourself a brilliant little summer house or chicken coup.

Collect ours next thursday, can't wait.

A much more important question at the moment is what colour cushions to go for?
If, ifs and ands, were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers hands...

Back