Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink not draining

Cemswood

Cemswood

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi folks. On my second trip in Luna after my Cornwall marathon, this time closer to home in the lakes. Everything is much easier this time but the sink doesn't appear to be draining consistently. Any ideas why this might be please? The tank isn't full as I emptied it. Thanks!

It is normal to have slow draining .
There are other treads on changing the drain with an other model.
Try and look using the search function;)

definitely can be changed to a newer part which make it drain quickly. I will try and find part numbers to order. very easy to fit but you will need to cut a small section from the kitchen drawer

definitely can be changed to a newer part which make it drain quickly. I will try and find part numbers to order. very easy to fit but you will need to cut a small section from the kitchen drawer
The OP has a 2015 California so should have the new parts already.

Hi folks. On my second trip in Luna after my Cornwall marathon, this time closer to home in the lakes. Everything is much easier this time but the sink doesn't appear to be draining consistently. Any ideas why this might be please? The tank isn't full as I emptied it. Thanks!
The OP has a 2015 California so should have the new parts already.

As above, shouldn't need them on a 2015 model however the part numbers are as follows:
7E7 068 159: sieve

7E7 068 167: siphon

7E7 068 177 A: rubber ring,
total cost approx. £20 inc VAT from your dealer.

Check the pipe underneath the sink isn't kinked in any way. If it is all clear then something could be blocking it. Depends what you have been putting down the sink. Could be a fault as there should be some form of air vent which could be blocked due to a manufacturing fault. Therefore a trip to the Dealer under warranty is in order.

Check the pipe underneath the sink isn't kinked in any way. If it is all clear then something could be blocking it. Depends what you have been putting down the sink. Could be a fault as there should be some form of air vent which could be blocked due to a manufacturing fault. Therefore a trip to the Dealer under warranty is in order.
I am not convinced that there is or ever was a proper air vent to the waste tank. On my 2010 T5 and now on my new T6 Ocean I find the same behaviour as follows:
With the plug in place in the sink, open the waste tank tap. Waste water dribbles out slowly. Then lift out the plug in the sink. There is a whoosh of air and the waste water runs out faster.

I am not convinced that there is or ever was a proper air vent to the waste tank. On my 2010 T5 and now on my new T6 Ocean I find the same behaviour as follows:
With the plug in place in the sink, open the waste tank tap. Waste water dribbles out slowly. Then lift out the plug in the sink. There is a whoosh of air and the waste water runs out faster.
There is an air vent, basically an overflow from the top of the tank to the discharge pipe on the L side of the tank. See here.
http://www.partsbase.org/vw/campmob-typ2-transp-lt-camp-eu-2013-06835-waste-water-tank/

There is an air vent, basically an overflow from the top of the tank to the discharge pipe on the L side of the tank. See here.
http://www.partsbase.org/vw/campmob-typ2-transp-lt-camp-eu-2013-06835-waste-water-tank/
Thanks for that WelshGas.
I note the air vent is piped to the tee junction 'downstream' of the drain tap. I think therefore what must happen when draining is that, when the tap is turned on, the water flowing out through the tee must interfere with the flow of air needed in the opposite direction. Removing the drain plug in the sink solves this.
However your diagram does show that the air vent should work quite all right when draining the sink into the waste tank.

As above, shouldn't need them on a 2015 model however the part numbers are as follows:
7E7 068 159: sieve

7E7 068 167: siphon

7E7 068 177 A: rubber ring,
total cost approx. £20 inc VAT from your dealer.

I changed the parts but couldnt feel any difference........water still runs out too slow

Back