Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door problems

When I fitted the other control unit I relocated it to behind the trim panel. Got loads of insulation in there so hopefully that will soak up any water. Worked so far......Glad you got it sorted

Before I thought of swapping the control unit from the other door, I bought a second hand unit from camper van bits. It didn't work , I think because it's for a T6 rather than T5......If anyone has a genuine use for it they can have it for the price of postage...number on it is 7E0 959 243 D

Before I thought of swapping the control unit from the other door, I bought a second hand unit from camper van bits. It didn't work , I think because it's for a T6 rather than T5......If anyone has a genuine use for it they can have it for the price of postage...number on it is 7E0 959 243 D
Interesting. According to Ebay they're the same but I think you're right. Do you know the correct part number just out of interest?

Yea, I know.... Original one and one I swapped from other side was 7H0 959 243 G......when I did a VCDS scan, it knew the other module was there but couldn't communicate with it. I think they changed the can-bus around the time my van was made.........Incidentally I never found where the water leaked into that corner either, put it down to condensation.

Back