Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet SLIMBRIDGE CALIFORNIA MEET 2021 Fri 24-Sun 26th of September

Status
Not open for further replies.
SimonB

SimonB

Staff member
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have booked Fri 24-Sun 26th of September at Tudor Park and the price will be £40 for the 2 nights.
(£20 per unit per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.) Extra nights they will also kindly do at the discounted rate. So if you wish to get there before Friday or stay after Sunday you will be able to do this at the same rate.
All bookings must mention the California Club to get the discount which will then be applied. Will be easier to do over the phone 01453 890483 as the on-line booking system is not so flexible.
The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as last year.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group. Campers staying in the rally field are able to stay until after lunch on the Sunday.
The campsite has given us 25 places on the Rally field, we have the canal side of the field only this year and there will be other campers on the other side of the field.
Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website which is about £52 for the 2 nights, please be aware these pitches are NOT on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school very close by & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

See you there I hope
Simon

P1020739a.jpg

P1030570a (9).JPG

P1030570a (7).jpg

DAE0FEBD-62A4-4FAF-8A71-7D6B297E1F12.jpeg

Sadly won’t be able to make this date as it’s my nephews wedding reception delayed from last year.

Sorry to read this. Would have been good to catch up.
Simon

Thanks Simon for arranging this meet again. It's an excellent venue. With lots to see and do nearby. However just sitting and chatting with Cali chums is the main highlight for us.

I believe there's a limited number of spaces this time, so in line with the adjacent Slimbridge Wild Fowl Trust, it's really a case of the "early birds catching the worms".

So folks, if you've not been before it definately one not to miss. There's a pub on site serving bot food and ale. It also has a skittle alley. There's another lovely one in the nearby village of Framton, a short way along the canal tow path. That pub serves interesting award winning pies. They are constructed using short crust pastry with a divider in the middle meaning each pie has two different fillings. Meat one end veg the other. The chef is reassuringly rotund. Never trust a skinny chef!

The main local attraction is Slimbridge Wild Fowl Trust with wall to wall dick dicks of all shapes, sizes and colours to marvel at. Evening feeding time should not be missed.

The site itself has great facilities and there is a good cafe opposite the site entrance.

We've booked. :thumb

Last edited:
We have booked Fri 24-Sun 26th of September at Tudor Park and the price will be £40 for the 2 nights.
(£20 per unit per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.) Extra nights they will also kindly do at the discounted rate. So if you wish to get there before Friday or stay after Sunday you will be able to do this at the same rate.
All bookings must mention the California Club to get the discount which will then be applied. Will be easier to do over the phone 01453 890483 as the on-line booking system is not so flexible.
The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as last year.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group. Campers staying in the rally field are able to stay until after lunch on the Sunday.
The campsite has given us 25 places on the Rally field, we have the canal side of the field only this year and there will be other campers on the other side of the field.
Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website which is about £52 for the 2 nights, please be aware these pitches are NOT on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school very close by & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

See you there I hope
Simon

View attachment 82356

View attachment 82357

View attachment 82358

View attachment 82359
Would have come @SimonB (not been to a club meet yet), but we’re at the Kop Hill Climb. Hopefully next time.

Pity, but hopefully next time. Are you taking part in the Climb?

If you live near Aylesbury have you tried out the Waddesdon Greenway that is an off road cycleroute
we built from Aylesbury Parkway to Waddesdon Manor, completely off the A41. My colleagues are extending it further through Aylesbury at the moment.

Simon

Pity, but hopefully next time. Are you taking part in the Climb?

If you live near Aylesbury have you tried out the Waddesdon Greenway that is an off road cycleroute
we built from Aylesbury Parkway to Waddesdon Manor, completely off the A41. My colleagues are extending it further through Aylesbury at the moment.

Simon
No but my cousin is. Also Aces High art gallery where my wife works have a trade stand there. Their history is aviation art but they’ve recently branched into motorsport. They had a great show recently at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Not tried the cycleroute yet but will do. Done the Pheonix Trail from Princes Risborough to Thame.

You can see the Waddesdon Greenway on Google Street View. They walked it with hand held cameras just after we had finished it.
We put some solar powered way markers in so you can follow the route at night. White for the route, flashing red for obstacles and road crossings.

P1000443.JPG

P1000449.JPG

P1000464.JPG

greenway map.jpg

Hi Simon, have booked for this and looking forward to meeting new and old friends again.
For anyone whose never been to this meet, it really is a great weekend Thanks Simon for organising.

Mrs Whistler and I have booked. Looking forward to it. Many Thanks for organising Simon.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

All booked, two nights. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sorry sadly can't make it this year as its my birthday weekend and Chris has already arranged something. Its a great location and gutted its not the the weekend before or after but there is always next year. Thanks Simon for arranging.
Cheers Paul

Sorry sadly can't make it this year as its my birthday weekend and Chris has already arranged something. Its a great location and gutted its not the the weekend before or after but there is always next year. Thanks Simon for arranging.
Cheers Paul
Sorry you can't make it, thanks for letting us know.

Simon, thankyou we are booked in for 3 Nights, great site looking forward to meeting up.

Had planned to attend this with a friend who will be visiting. However, after missing almost 3 years of dog agility comps due to spine surgery and then Covid… there is a comp on that weekend that we’ve decided to go to instead.
Hope to meet new friends and catch up with old ones in 2022.

I will be there............

Booked. First timers.
You will find we are a very friendly bunch. Lots to do around the site, you can walk or cycle up the canal side to Frampton on Severn which is a very pretty village. Very good pub there called The Three Horseshoes selling hot pies. There's the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust just half a mile up the road.
If you come over the old Severn Bridge, M48, you can come off just over the bridge and go through Alveston then up the A38 and avoid the M5 completely.

You will find we are a very friendly bunch. Lots to do around the site, you can walk or cycle up the canal side to Frampton on Severn which is a very pretty village. Very good pub there called The Three Horseshoes selling hot pies. There's the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust just half a mile up the road.
If you come over the old Severn Bridge, M48, you can come off just over the bridge and go through Alveston then up the A38 and avoid the M5 completely.
Cheers. Thank you for the welcome. Meeting @Mullaghroe there - I know they’ve been before and were keen to return.

Hi Simon, just booked 2 nights. As first timers we're looking forward to meeting everyone
It's all very informal. One of us will be on the gate as you arrive. There are lots of things to do locally. Are you walkers or cyclists as there are good routes for both nearby.

Hi Everyone, it’s Slimbridge time again. Almost an annual event now. I think this will be fourth visit with the club but we have been here on our own too. We, I say we but in fact only me at the moment, are booked in and looking forwards to met new and existing friends. Thanks for organising this meet once again. See you next month. R

Status
Not open for further replies.