Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

[Solved] Electric Hook Up Broken

Blakey

Blakey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hey Gang,

Van: 2014 T5 Beach with built-in 240v hook up.

Just been away in the Beach for our first trip this year (a week in Dorset) and discovered on site that the van 240v socket is not working. We tried two cables and confirmed that the pole on site was fine so it is something in the van. A noddy voltage meter (only plugged into 12v socket) seemed to indicate that the Leisure Battery was not charging when hooked up, so I guess it is the full 240v system.

The manual seems to imply there is some sort of RCD in the van but I can't find it.

Any advice before I call the dealer to check it in for a check-up?

Thanks in advance!
Blakey

Hey Gang,

Van: 2014 T5 Beach with built-in 240v hook up.

Just been away in the Beach for our first trip this year (a week in Dorset) and discovered on site that the van 240v socket is not working. We tried two cables and confirmed that the pole on site was fine so it is something in the van. A noddy voltage meter (only plugged into 12v socket) seemed to indicate that the Leisure Battery was not charging when hooked up, so I guess it is the full 240v system.

The manual seems to imply there is some sort of RCD in the van but I can't find it.

Any advice before I call the dealer to check it in for a check-up?

Thanks in advance!
Blakey
I believe it is situated under the Tool Compartment panel trim near where the Mins Hook up Socket is positioned. You cannot see it easily . The switch should be in the UP position.

Hi Gas,

Cheers for the fast response!

I had a look on-site for that but could not see anything. Do you need to take out the screwed-in jack to access it?

Thanks
Blakey

Fixed!

Thanks Gas - your post convinced me to go and ferret around more. I had to slide my hand up inside the trim - you can't see the RCD from inside the van, it's behind a panel. Once located I only had to pop it up and I had power again. Not sure what tripped it out but we can now go on 240v when camped up again!

Thanks
Blakey

Fixed!

Thanks Gas - your post convinced me to go and ferret around more. I had to slide my hand up inside the trim - you can't see the RCD from inside the van, it's behind a panel. Once located I only had to pop it up and I had power again. Not sure what tripped it out but we can now go on 240v when camped up again!

Thanks
Blakey
I'm glad its sorted. Stupid place to put it.

Fixed!

Thanks
Blakey
thanks.. i too have just done the same.. Thanks!