Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spline Drive size for rear discs

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Wanting to make sure I have all the tools I need to replace discs and pads on rear of T6 tomorrow. Am I correct that it is 21mm & 12mm sockets (and a torque wrench capable of 145nm) and an M10 Spline bit? There are a few mentions out there to M14 spline on the rear of the transporter so just want to be sure. Does the Cali use many other Spline sizes so worth getting a set?

Thanks Loz, that’s really helpful. Thanks too for the link - however I couldn’t access it as it is only for VIP members on that site. Would you perhaps be able to post it for VIP members on this site?

You will need a wind back kit for the rear calipers. Unless they are different on the T6. Powerbar is handy for cracking the caliper carriers bolts

I think they are the same as T5. My father in law has lent me a massive torque wrench so hopeful I’ll be able to shift them. Thanks regarding the wind back. I have done other cars without one but always a pain so have ordered one of those sets from amazon.

Yes, as @pjm-84 say, you'll need the tool to wind in the piston back in, as details in this new how-to guide :thumb

That's interesting as I didn't and haven't noticed any difference.

Soft hammer for the disc. Mine were a little seized on the hub. Cleaned the corrosion off, a smear of copper grease and Bobs your uncle. IMG_20200411_163803.jpg

I changed the rear pads at the same time.

Back