Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stanford Hall 2016

The almost final line-up for Sunday.....

1. vwanorak - Andy
2. simplydubs - Mark
3. teeboy - Tony, Katy, Hannah and Matthew
4.camshaft - Nigel
5. Spud
6.Goose
7.Robowagen - Dave
8.Rippers

Still a chance that we can fit two more on the plot, but need to turn it around in the next 24 hrs to ensure I can get passes out.

Cheers

Andy

The almost final line-up for Sunday.....

1. vwanorak - Andy
2. simplydubs - Mark
3. teeboy - Tony, Katy, Hannah and Matthew
4.camshaft - Nigel
5. Spud
6.Goose
7.Robowagen - Dave
8.Rippers

Still a chance that we can fit two more on the plot, but need to turn it around in the next 24 hrs to ensure I can get passes out.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks again Andy, we're not camping but will be there as early as poss to get into position & I will give Alfie a clean also before we get there so he's looking his best

What's the norm, can we close up and go for a wander round the show or would we need to leave him open for peeps to have a look?

Sorry never joined in a club area thing before only ever camped & then walked round the show!

Anything else we need to bring or do?

It will be also nice to meet a few other Cali owners & have a nosey round your vans also & get some feedback on any accessories you wouldn't do without!

Thanks

I closed up and walked around the show last year, although did spend a bit of time at the van. I was hoping to clean mine but the weather is not so good this week!

I will be camping all being well so hope to get parked up early, my old T4 high top is not easy to miss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks again Andy, we're not camping but will be there as early as poss to get into position & I will give Alfie a clean also before we get there so he's looking his best

What's the norm, can we close up and go for a wander round the show or would we need to leave him open for peeps to have a look?

Sorry never joined in a club area thing before only ever camped & then walked round the show!

Anything else we need to bring or do?

It will be also nice to meet a few other Cali owners & have a nosey round your vans also & get some feedback on any accessories you wouldn't do without!

Thanks

Hi
No pressure to stay with your van. Just park up and do your own thing. Most people tend to head back a few times throughout the day and that way catch up with everyone else, nothing organised, all very relaxed.

I'll probably be the last to arrive, having got the family into gear and then driven down from Lancashire in the morning...... So save me a spot! :)

See you all on Sunday.

Andy

Hi
No pressure to stay with your van. Just park up and do your own thing. Most people tend to head back a few times throughout the day and that way catch up with everyone else, nothing organised, all very relaxed.

I'll probably be the last to arrive, having got the family into gear and then driven down from Lancashire in the morning...... So save me a spot! :)

See you all on Sunday.

Andy

Sounds good, hoping to get a look at some wind deflectors fitted as I'm fed up of getting water dripping onto my mirror & window controls when I'm driving!

I'm the kind of person who likes to see what I'm buying before I buy so I can be sure it's what I'm after!

The wife requires more cushions apparently lol

We are camping Saturday night too probably arriving late afternoon, what time do we need to move Cali Sunday to show area please?

Hi

The passes say that we should be on the pitch and effectively stationary from 11am onward.

For everyone arriving in the morning, please be aware that you will need to que to get into the showground, so allow a bit of time.

As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, the traditional route to access. Stanford Hall from the very bottom of the M6 is no longer accessible, so if you are coming South down the M6, please have a look at a map and work out a route from Jnc 1. I always come this way, as it bypasses the Main Visitor que, to get you round to the Kilworth entrance.

See you all on Sunday - Save me a space! :)

Got our pass today!

9bd18ea9b8ac12fec537ed70d4f35001.jpg

Thanks again & see you all Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather looking OK for tomorrow - forecast is for dry all day until about 6pm, which should do us nicely!

Alfie got a clean today, then he got rained on & then some dirty birds poo'd on him & then he got rained on again so we did try to make him nice but now he just looks like he's not been cleaned!

Ah well, see you tomoz!

Fleur was cleaned and polished before we arrived here, might as well of not bothered, by the time we got here wheels body everything muddy!! Still weathers looking better now tomorrow!

image.jpeg image.jpeg It was was a very cold night but beautiful sunrise for May Day! Great to meet some new and old faces, good job everybody didn't turn up it as it was a tight squeeze getting everyone in, brilliant day. Thanks for organising!

Martin,Sandra & Dottie!

706ba0e1d4cb3a69a79d88ab5e2d549e.jpg

Took a pic however it was late on & one van had left (sorry) we had a great day!

It was a good show and the weather held out well :) always enjoy Stanford :)

once again I was unsuccessful in finding you all!:( whereabouts were you? Mind you SH is so big nowadays I gt tired out by 1.30pm (plus wanted to watch Leicester and only live 10 mins away..)

Maybe next year David. There will always be another Stanford Hall but maybe not another chance for Leicester to win the Premiership, so can't blame you for your an early dart! Hope Chelsea can see off Spurs tonight for you!

Thanks to everyone that came. Not quite the weather that we have enjoyed for the past couple of years, but the rain stayed away and it certainly didn't stop play!

Cheers

Andy

I was the T4 missing in the pic, I left a bit early to head over to Rutland Water. Good show again, shame the size of the pitch was a bit small but good to have a mix of vans. I think there was a lot of interest. I am amazed at the variety of vehicles at the show, definitely something for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good, hoping to get a look at some wind deflectors fitted as I'm fed up of getting water dripping onto my mirror & window controls when I'm driving!

I'm the kind of person who likes to see what I'm buying before I buy so I can be sure it's what I'm after!

The wife requires more cushions apparently lol

Hello robowagen
Hope you don't mind me seeking you out using your username from the map - I'm not a member of the club yet as I'm still unsure of what I've bought (1992 T4 pop-up) only 2 days ago and struggling a bit with the features - and driving it to be honest. I'm in Loughborough today and a bit tomorrow visiting a friend and was hoping I might find some forum members in town available and willing to show me the ropes a bit - my manual is all in german and another member has kindly sent me a pdf english one - but have to get that printed off somewhere first. So I've done a map search and am contacting the four of you who show up. :) Hope you don't mind. my email is avasbar[at]+++++[dot]com

Thanks for your time. Laura

Hello robowagen
Hope you don't mind me seeking you out using your username from the map - I'm not a member of the club yet as I'm still unsure of what I've bought (1992 T4 pop-up) only 2 days ago and struggling a bit with the features - and driving it to be honest. I'm in Loughborough today and a bit tomorrow visiting a friend and was hoping I might find some forum members in town available and willing to show me the ropes a bit - my manual is all in german and another member has kindly sent me a pdf english one - but have to get that printed off somewhere first. So I've done a map search and am contacting the four of you who show up. :) Hope you don't mind. my email is avasbar[at]+++++[dot]com

Thanks for your time. Laura

Hi Laura,

I'm afraid we are out of the country at the moment, no problem contacting us just not sure we can assist as we have a 2015 Beach and prior to that we had a 1973 Bay window so no expert on these modern campers!

Hope you get sorted tho & if your still struggling when we get back next week we can try & assist you!

Thanks, Robo.

Hi Laura,

I'm afraid we are out of the country at the moment, no problem contacting us just not sure we can assist as we have a 2015 Beach and prior to that we had a 1973 Bay window so no expert on these modern campers!

Hope you get sorted tho & if your still struggling when we get back next week we can try & assist you!

Thanks, Robo.

You are very kind, thank you. Heading north now, having called out a mechanic who identified a throttle cable issue causing me all the grief - hope it was just sticky through non-use and will be ok. someone else has sent me an english manual, so hope I shall manage now. Thanks again Laura

You are very kind, thank you. Heading north now, having called out a mechanic who identified a throttle cable issue causing me all the grief - hope it was just sticky through non-use and will be ok. someone else has sent me an english manual, so hope I shall manage now. Thanks again Laura

Glad you got sorted, have a safe journey

Back