• Fri 1st September to Sun

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Friday 8th Sept to Sun

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Friday 15th Sept to Sun

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just booked up. Look forward to seeing folks.

Regrettably I have had to cancel our Stratford weekend. Since we made the booking we have sold our house, subject to contract and have had our offer to purchase a bungalow in Cornwall accepted. We are now busily disposing of a houseful of tat collected over the last 33 years so that we can be ready to move. Hope to see everyone at other meets.

Are there still spots available for this event? We were thinking about hiring out a California for a weekend and this seems like a great opportunity to meet some of the members and get some advice.

Are there still spots available for this event? We were thinking about hiring out a California for a weekend and this seems like a great opportunity to meet some of the members and get some advice.
I suggest you contact stratfordcaravans.co.uk directly on 01789 292312 and mention "VW California Club" for availability.
But in light of the above cancellation my guess is that there will still be spaces, look forward to seeing you there !.

See you all there - also got kids 3,7 and 10 with us so a few more to play together.

I suggest you contact stratfordcaravans.co.uk directly on 01789 292312 and mention "VW California Club" for availability.
But in light of the above cancellation my guess is that there will still be spaces, look forward to seeing you there !.

Looks like it is fully booked. Oh well it was sort of last minute anyway ;)

Yes, we tried to book yesterday :(

I wonder if the person who cancelled above actually cancelled with the campsite?

The site is now fully booked for that weekend, you may get the odd cancellation but would have to call to check. Sorry folks.

Current vote is for the 1st weekend in September

The cost is ÂŁ52 per van for the entire weekend, you can check in from 10am Friday and checkout is 3pm Sunday, hookup is included.

You will get 10% off all food and drink at the club house for the whole stay (breakfast through dinner).

To be clear they have a no windbreak rule, as they like the site to feel open and I have to admit it does feel nice and spacious. The site is wholly reserved for caravans and motorhomes.

The river taxi is ÂŁ2 a trip into town starting from 10am and the last one leaves at 5pm from the site, and 5.20pm from the town back to site. We walked into town in about 25-30 minutes.

To book simply call the site and quote VW California Club, this will ensure we are all kept together.

Lastly they do charge for drive away awnings and dogs, however we didn't get charged for our wind out "sunshade" on my Cali. It is probably only worth mentioning on booking if your awning has sides. They also apparently have a dog daycare available, although we didn't use this last time.

It's a very well equipped site with restaurant (campers get a discount here for the whole weekend). We had ten vans last year but it would be good to get more and even perhaps get enough to use the event field (with hookup).

http://www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/

The cost is ÂŁ52 per van for the entire weekend, you can check in from 10am Friday and checkout is 3pm Sunday, hookup is included.

You will get 10% off all food and drink at the club house for the whole stay (breakfast through dinner).

To be clear they have a no windbreak rule, as they like the site to feel open and I have to admit it does feel nice and spacious. The site is wholly reserved for caravans and motorhomes.

The river taxi is ÂŁ2 a trip into town starting from 10am and the last one leaves at 5pm from the site, and 5.20pm from the town back to site. We walked into town in about 25-30 minutes.

389df45185a2b1b3638bc63ac97c6b8b.jpg

4fde03c3473ef689fbdf25e7b9fcb128.jpg

Original thread here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...no-spaces-left-sorry.14598/page-3#post-166758
Very excited to bring our Cali to our first metup! Just booked for the weekend in Stratford

You got lucky there, we had just been told it had been cancelled. I may try and pop up at the weekend and have a chat with the site.

Let me know if any more sites become available. We would really like to meet the group. Are day visitors allowed? A day trip is also a possibility.

We don't live a million miles away either and would be interested in popping in as a day visitor, this is what we did at the meet back in May

I've been informed there was one space left as of this morning. Please remember to quote VW California Club.

We also plan to pop along for the day as we are attending a party about 5 miles away on Saturday evening, are we best coming Saturday or Sunday?

We also plan to pop along for the day as we are attending a party about 5 miles away on Saturday evening, are we best coming Saturday or Sunday?

From what I saw at Brean I would recommend Saturday. Quite a few people began to pack up during the morning so you might miss some people.
See you there.

There is a car park on site for the Club House/bar restaurant so you should be fine to visit. :)

Hi if anyone is planning to eat at venue, I believe it gets very busy and may well be better to book? Maybe give them a ring to enquire? Daughter frequents it and often has to wait particularly at weekends, just a heads up, looking forward to it!

Yes thanks a good reminder, very worth while booking if you want to eat in there. Last year we went it was relatively quiet in the daytime but busy at night. :)

Hi Everyone, We are joining you for Sat night only (due to no availability on Friday). It's our first meet.. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Does anyone know if the Stratford campsite is a good place for bikes?
Wondering about bringing our bikes along with us.

Simon

I did a road bike ride there during one of the previous meets. Out to Symmons Yat on quiet roads. It was hillier than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone going that will be able to help show us how to download POIs. Can't understand the handbook or the very useful thread someone added. Hoping for a masterclass.

Hi if anyone is planning to eat at venue, I believe it gets very busy and may well be better to book? Maybe give them a ring to enquire? Daughter frequents it and often has to wait particularly at weekends, just a heads up, looking forward to it!

Does anyone have the phone number for the restaurant on site? Thanks

sorry no.but ring the site im sure thwy will help.town 15 mins walk or river taxi. if you have a dog according to Google the mucky duck is dog friendly and does food. also the garrick inn.