Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach orders

Just asked for my weekly update on VW Chat (I am limiting myself to a weekly update). Code 38. At port of Exit - released to port of exit on 03/02/21.
Starting to get very excited now :bananadance2
nice. when did you order?

Anyone got any more Beach news? :)

I heard that they are changing the way build weeks are assigned and queuing people up, not sure if any truth in it or if it makes a difference.

Anyone got any more Beach news? :)

I heard that they are changing the way build weeks are assigned and queuing people up, not sure if any truth in it or if it makes a difference.
Hi I ordered my beach camper on the 21st Dec and have a prov build date if 16th April according to vw chat. So nothing solid yet. I'm hoping I get it before July.

Waiting to hear from dealer today on what the latest shuffling means. He has ignored me for a week so suspect changes are not good. If there was more in the second hand market I would have cancelled by now for sure.

Waiting to hear from dealer today on what the latest shuffling means. He has ignored me for a week so suspect changes are not good. If there was more in the second hand market I would have cancelled by now for sure.
What have you heard on the reshuffle then? latest date I had from VW chat was build week 11- 15th March. The Van Centre had told me week 10 so different dates.

So looks like I will go from week 11 to week 10. Not much in real terms but physiologically a great improvement. The final confirmation is due today.

I suspect what we cannot see is the rate at which the base vehicle comes out of production to then go to Hannover to have the California bits fitted, so there are probably two production lines to contend with and we are only seeing the second one.

Local dealer did have a 150 Coast in today which came in last week so new on display, which at least means things are moving.

So looks like I will go from week 11 to week 10. Not much in real terms but physiologically a great improvement. The final confirmation is due today.

I suspect what we cannot see is the rate at which the base vehicle comes out of production to then go to Hannover to have the California bits fitted, so there are probably two production lines to contend with and we are only seeing the second one.

Local dealer did have a 150 Coast in today which came in last week so new on display, which at least means things are moving.
Dates we are getting match again. What dealer did you order through?

Dates we are getting match again. What dealer did you order through?
my dealer is in Poland and spec is a little different to UK - beach camper 3 seat bench, 150, 4motion, electric roof. Seems the change to the electric roof before Christmas caused a delay from week 4 to week 11 (now 10) so not sure if roof issues were something being addressed.

I do know that Hannover is really bad with covid rates from friends that live there, but production at the factory in Poznan seems to be pretty steady so hopefully things will ease. Dealers in Poland are now able to take new orders again, something that was blocked up until recently by VW so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel...

It definitely seems an ever improving picture. I'll be more than happy if I can keep build week 10 as I was always told it would be early April so hopefully wouldn't be to long after that.

Having decided to give up and find something else, had had an offer accepted on a 4Motion petrol beach in Germany yesterday. close Enough to the spec I have on order plus advantage of petrol which would be my choice, only to have the current owner (selling through a garage) change his mind thankfully before the bank transfer.

whilst saved a 9 hour drive each way and export/import challenges, I am pretty disappointed but still have the order in the system to look forward to. Took 24 hours before I could write this down, such was the angst, suffice to say, it’s not just VW it’s current owners that are casuimg challenges!

Having decided to give up and find something else, had had an offer accepted on a 4Motion petrol beach in Germany yesterday. close Enough to the spec I have on order plus advantage of petrol which would be my choice, only to have the current owner (selling through a garage) change his mind thankfully before the bank transfer.

whilst saved a 9 hour drive each way and export/import challenges, I am pretty disappointed but still have the order in the system to look forward to. Took 24 hours before I could write this down, such was the angst, suffice to say, it’s not just VW it’s current owners that are casuimg challenges!
A narrow escape. Glad you kept your order. Hopefully you will have a Cali sooner rather than later, and without too much stress...

Mine was build week 4 but is still at port of exit in Germany, awaiting a ship. I’m actually happy with this as I don’t really want it till the End of March when my current T6 Beach will hopefully be worth 50 quid more!

I need to get cleaning it but is anybody interested in a 1 owner, 18k miles, Edition? Will probably list on here in a few weeks!

Mine was build week 4 but is still at port of exit in Germany, awaiting a ship. I’m actually happy with this as I don’t really want it till the End of March when my current T6 Beach will hopefully be worth 50 quid more!

I need to get cleaning it but is anybody interested in a 1 owner, 18k miles, Edition? Will probably list on here in a few weeks!
Same build week as mine. Might be very close in chassis numbers

I think that may be the north/south divide as I think we ordered around the same time.
I am sure you will get a good price for your old one after some elbow grease :thumb

Hi all. First time poster. I ordered my Beach at the end of November. Was initially given a provisional build week of Week 9. Checked on the VW chat last week and this has been changed to Week 10, still provisional.
You will love the Beach. a great bit of kit!!!

sharing this here incase you did not see it elsewhere as may be of interest to potential beach owners.

got this breakdown from my dealer today. It may help others understand how long the process takes. Seems the majority of the delay is getting VW to accept the order! This is for a now confirmed week 10 production so others should be similar, although as I am only a 5 hour drive from Hannover, I may be collecting sooner than others.

from what I can work out, shows I ordered 21/8/20, VW accepted the order 1/10/20, and gave a provisional production week on 28/1/21 and transferred the order to production on 11/2/21.

The van is being built on 6/3 and goes for paint 8/3 with installation of internals on 10/3, finishing on 18/3 before quality control and export from Germany on 26/3.

Dealer says car should arrive with them by 31/1 and be ready for me no later than 2/4.

Thanks for sharing that. Hopefully mine will only be a week or so behind that then with the extra shipping. They'd save themselves a lot of bother having an automated way to keep people updated.

Iain - this is what the dealer sent me today, as you can see, lots of steps, the good news is I am in there current column from now on, not the planned.

Agree it would be much simpler to push information out rather than having us all chase it.
1613410152803.png

Following on from my last post, popped into a local dealer on a tip and came away with a beach with a great spec. Dealer ran my existing config on order and advised that it could not be built to the spec ordered which explains some delays. Anyway, problem solved!
8155F5D8-1E7B-4A85-8CBB-7A59961D4944.jpeg

Back