Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Options

This is for the 6.1 presumably? I chased my dealer this week and he’s got nothing to update me on so far
Yes 6.1 Ocean. Date on the print from the order system shows it was placed 20/11/2019. Priority was set as 0-very urgent. Presumably due to our original T6 order being cancelled early November by VW..?

First post! We ordered our 6.1 on 5th December and have been told that it will be built week 4. So hopefully delivered for March. We have been following the forum for a few months now and all the helpful comments and insights has helped us chose the specification. :)

First post! We ordered our 6.1 on 5th December and have been told that it will be built week 4. So hopefully delivered for March. We have been following the forum for a few months now and all the helpful comments and insights has helped us chose the specification. :)
Congrats! Just in time for some early spring trips :) We're complete beginners when it comes to camping and never had a camper so will spend some time learning about the van on some short trips in spring before heading further afield. We've got a 2 year old that'll start potty training in the newyear so that'll be fun in the cali :thumb

Congrats! Just in time for some early spring trips :) We're complete beginners when it comes to camping and never had a camper so will spend some time learning about the van on some short trips in spring before heading further afield. We've got a 2 year old that'll start potty training in the newyear so that'll be fun in the cali :thumb

We have rented up to now so first owned van. We have a two year old but luckily a reasonably well behaved Border Terrier! Looking forward to our first adventures.

That’s super quick

After not hearing from our dealer for weeks, we found out today that our T6.1 Ocean order has been approved by VW! I think we got a great deal..basically the same discounted price that we'd agreed on the original T6 before it got cancelled. Now starts the long wait...
We are in a similar position to yourself as regards our original T6 order. Could I be impolite and ask whether the dealer and/or VW UK honoured the price/discount, that you had agreed on your original T6 order, when you collected your new van yesterday?

Hopefully you are out and about today enjoying your fab new van!

We are in a similar position to yourself as regards our original T6 order. Could I be impolite and ask whether the dealer and/or VW UK honoured the price/discount, that you had agreed on your original T6 order, when you collected your new van yesterday?

Hopefully you are out and about today enjoying your fab new van!
Yes they worked it out between VW and the dealer on a like for like basis in terms of options and kit. We were a bit cheeky and asked for some extra bits like the fake wooden floor, tyre monitoring and the extra storage and weren't charged anything additional for this. At 6 months past the original quote my partex was adjusted down a tad but we were fine with that given what we were getting and the overall deal. I feel Marshalls in Reading went above and beyond in this respect and we're super happy and feel we got a bit of a bargain!
We were planning a trip to the south coast today but then our little chap projectile vomited his breakfast at 9am. Thankfully in the house not the van :oops: we vr got the leather like seats but have just added covers to our list!! we think it could have been the excitement rather than a bug but either way we're having a quiet day that'll give me time to read the manuals!!
Good luck with yours.

@Loz are you looking at the UK configurator? There is a 199 4 motion option that is available on there.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/new-vehicles/california.html (the site is very slow)

View attachment 52409
order placed in Belgium last week: ocean 204HP 4motion dsg, delivery hopefully in 12 months from now.
This version is still in process of homologation tests for the latest emission standards. So production cannot yet be started. This is what my dealer told me. Because of weight problem 80l fuel tank and skid plates are not listed for 4motion ocean.

Back