Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Telepeage tags: Ulys vs Emovis

@brooodie

I am in a similar position with Ulys. They sent me the tag but couldn’t establish a direct debit for some reason. I have returned the tag but they have just mailed to say they are passing my details to a litigation firm for non payment of a forty euro security deposit. It’s impossible to communicate with them as they don’t respond to emails!

How long did they chase you for the euros? I’m wondering how many people just give in and pay it for fear of being taken to court or something. Should I pay or ignore?

@brooodie

I am in a similar position with Ulys. They sent me the tag but couldn’t establish a direct debit for some reason. I have returned the tag but they have just mailed to say they are passing my details to a litigation firm for non payment of a forty euro security deposit. It’s impossible to communicate with them as they don’t respond to emails!

How long did they chase you for the euros? I’m wondering how many people just give in and pay it for fear of being taken to court or something. Should I pay or ignore?
Just pay it and send tag back a lot of British bank's won't do direct debit for overseas Bank's

Just pay it and send tag back a lot of British bank's won't do direct debit for overseas Bank's

The tag is on its way. I’m reluctant to pay the charge though as they have been wee wee poor in communication and haven’t actually provided me with any service at all.

Tags bought in Europe may well be cheaper BUT the above show they may be problematic especially if the wrong charges are made.

@brooodie

I never received another letter from them, I don't expect their "litigation firm" (probably fake) have much success chasing up a whole 40 euros from overseas residents. When I sent the tag back I sent it recorded and kept a note of the tracking in case they ever chased it up but they never did.

Did you enclose the forms (from their website from memory) with the tag when you sent it back? I just checked and I did get a confirmation email from them with subject "Résiliation de votre abonnement télépéage" which acknowledged that they received the badge back.

I never received another letter from them, I don't expect their "litigation firm" (probably fake) have much success chasing up a whole 40 euros from overseas residents. When I sent the tag back I sent it recorded and kept a note of the tracking in case they ever chased it up but they never did.

Did you enclose the forms (from their website from memory) with the tag when you sent it back? I just checked and I did get a confirmation email from them with subject "Résiliation de votre abonnement télépéage" which acknowledged that they received the badge back.

Thanks for the response. Yes. I did everything as per their instructions regarding the return.

The worst part of it all is the time wasted waiting for them to respond to emails and messages. Zero response to any of them. What a sing show from Ulys.

Sorry to hear of your woes - it’s a big distraction to what should be a good experience ( going travelling in Europe).

We bought an Emovis, whilst two friends had Ulys tags this summer. In fairness they’ve not reported any issues, but as we were travelling to our daughters wedding I just didn’t want any hassle whatsoever! I’m still happy with Emovis, they seem to provide a good service, and I know I can speak to someone if I need to.

Sorry to hear of your woes - it’s a big distraction to what should be a good experience ( going travelling in Europe).

We bought an Emovis, whilst two friends had Ulys tags this summer. In fairness they’ve not reported any issues, but as we were travelling to our daughters wedding I just didn’t want any hassle whatsoever! I’m still happy with Emovis, they seem to provide a good service, and I know I can speak to someone if I need to.

Thanks. We travel at least four or five times a year hence the reason I went for a tag. Thankfully we’re not away again until Christmas so I think I’ll just write off the Ulys experience and grab an Emovis tag on the Eurotunnel offer.

Blimey! Never knew there was so much involved.
All of this goes on in the other seat, I just drive, I even get a pointy finger at the toll booth so I know which gate to head for.

I've just registered online for Ulys, as I foolishly didn't read this message chain before doing so.

It's not clear to me what you do with the SEPA Mandate form you download. Do I send it to my bank, or to them or just bin it? There is no relevant information on their website, and no easy way of contacting them.

Blimey! Never knew there was so much involved.
All of this goes on in the other seat, I just drive, I even get a pointy finger at the toll booth so I know which gate to head for.
Lucky you! I fear the dreaded tolls…I have to unbuckle, wind down window, search for credit card…then work out how they work…all whilst a queue of irritated drivers sit behind me!

tag any time….I hadnt realised I needed another in Italy!

Lucky you! I fear the dreaded tolls…I have to unbuckle, wind down window, search for credit card…then work out how they work…all whilst a queue of irritated drivers sit behind me!

tag any time….I hadnt realised I needed another in Italy!
Some TAGs, for example Fulli - with just the one device and account - work in France, Italy, Spain & Portugal.

I've just registered online for Ulys, as I foolishly didn't read this message chain before doing so.

It's not clear to me what you do with the SEPA Mandate form you download. Do I send it to my bank, or to them or just bin it? There is no relevant information on their website, and no easy way of contacting them.

I think you send it to them.

there are lots of steps back and forth but it’s worth it in the end.

took a few weeks to get up and going….

Thanks kp64zi. I think I'll just pop it in the post to them as suggested. They've messaged me to say I'm good to start using the tag, but I have a nagging feeling that there will be trouble ahead validating the direct debit. Fingers crossed that all is ok, cos I think it's going to be really useful.

Did you digitally sign the mandate form. Here’s an example from Bip&Go

Attachments

• Mandate.pdf
    66.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks kp64zi. I think I'll just pop it in the post to them as suggested. They've messaged me to say I'm good to start using the tag, but I have a nagging feeling that there will be trouble ahead validating the direct debit. Fingers crossed that all is ok, cos I think it's going to be really useful.
you can check your UK account here:

If confirms OK, the SEPA direct debits should work.

As already advised, Starling is a good punt if other routes fail.

I tried to get the direct debit with my UK monzo account but it didn’t work. The reason is that monzo isn’t part of the international banking system (swift I think). Worked fine with my Nat West account.

I don’t actually remember posting anything. was all done electronically I think but it was a couple of years ago now. The tag is so great when up and running..

An update...Im pleased to report that my Ulys tag worked like a dream on my recent visit to the South of France. It didn't miss a beat. I'm so happy with it.

The payments - which look reasonable - have been taken from my current account with no problems, or intervention required. I guess it worked efficiently because my bank is a run of the mill high street bank, and the IBAN supplied to Ulys has worked as it should do. No need to send the mandate to the bank either.

I've used a Ulys tag too. Everything about it has been straightforward and a joy to use. Great value as well. I had no issues setting up a UK direct debit.

Back