Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Thursday 28th June - 1st July 2018 - SOLD OUT

Well no sooner had the VWCC meet finished today, it started to rain! This was after a few of the hottest days of the year so far. Thank you to all of you who managed to make it and in particular those of you who had travelled quite some distance. You all made it a success and Julie and I were delighted that you managed to explore this beautiful area, including visits to the magical island of Caldey. Some of you even braved the sea. From our shady ADMIN spot we watched you getting more tanned as the days progressed. Last night was memorable for many reasons, a particular war injury story which we are still laughing about and of course the Cali Dip Raffle winner and her seagull :) Here are a few photos of the event. I've pm'd some of you to seek your permission to post so I'll hold back on some until I get that. If you need any removed just pm me. Our very best wishes from Dinbych y Pysgod (The town of little fishes) and I hope you all had a safe journey home.

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

A1.jpg

A1.jpg

A1.jpg

A1.jpg

A1.jpg

A1.jpg

A1.jpg

Thank you so much for an amazing time!
The organisation was first class, the welcome warm and so much thought put into the detail.
Beautiful weather and scenery and so much laughter.
I think that my seagull will have to become my van companion although I draw the line at my fellow campers suggestions of mounting him on the bonnet or roof!
Much appreciated. Looking forward to the next one :)

Thank you for hosting such a great meet on you home turf! It was great to catch up with the Cali Club, faces old and new. As usual a bit of van and accessory envy, I hope everyone had safe onward or homeward journeys.

Young love at Tenby:
0c727559b2bb8ff66b9f8c5d50bb48fb.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Such a lovely photo! Lena’s has a lovely time

If Carlsberg did Vw meets.Many many thanks to Gareth,Julie and all who helped Denise and I had great time and thanks for sharing your local knowledge and introducing us to this stunning area.P.S Denise,s dad is managing quite well with his one ball !

DSCF0845.JPG

Great pictures this is what owning a Cali is all about :thumb

Gareth, Julie, Chris (admin assistant) & Jeanette, thank you so much for the organisation of the Tenby meet we had a great time. It was good to to make new friends put faces to forum names and to discover the beautiful Tenby and Caldey Island a real jewel.
Glad to say Moose made it home with no issues :thumb it was a shame we could not make our trip to St Davids :( but we will be back :thumb.

k7LUIECXRuqky+NGyfGXDQ.jpg

OnriToCwRVu%7pmnVETGZA.jpg

t%VP0erETSqv7NcRN2i+GA.jpg

D3HAuLxQQleDCZXCPR4joA.jpg

Enormous thanks to Gareth for the effort he has put into organising such a fantastic meet. Even managed to organise Mediterranean weather for us to go with the cool beer.
Made new friends

IMG_1129.JPG

And were very reluctant to leave

IMG_1131.JPG

Can't recommend going to one of the club meets enough.

Thank you Gareth and Julie for a great couple of days inTenby which was our first attendance at such a gathering. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the tips from other more experienced owners were much appreciated particularly how to open the awning! We look forward to seeing you all at future meets. Kim and Nigel

If Carlsberg did Vw meets.Many many thanks to Gareth,Julie and all who helped Denise and I had great time and thanks for sharing your local knowledge and introducing us to this stunning area.P.S Denise,s dad is managing quite well with his one ball !

View attachment 35020
I can never forget that story which came out of nowhere, with a delivery worthy of a night at the Apollo! :) - glad he's managing!

Last edited:
Hello all,
I have just signed up to this lovely group, I would just like to say we all had a great time, so very many kind and chatty people, this was our first event... official...
We look forward to signing up for future events,
Victoria, Colin, Elsie..... not forgetting STUEY (By the water tap) and Barnsey.
Stueys Rules... No one should stop drinking before 2am, that's when his singing sounds better!!!
Take care all.

Big thanks to Gareth & Julie, for making us feel so welcome at our first Cali meet & for all the hard work organising the event, it was really good to meet you all.
Also like to thank Chris and Jeanette for all the really useful info.
We can't wait to get to another meet and meet a few more of you.
Thanks again
Rosie & Jeff
(The other Jeff Sutton ;) )
:cheers

Our first meet and only managed the Saturday. Only met a few of the group but will attend another.
Gareth and Julie - well done, a fantastic effort. You did Tenby proud.

Thank you to Gareth & Julie (and the Admin Assistants Chris & Jeanette) for our terrific "First" Meet in the beautiful Tenby. Had a really great time visiting your home town and surrounding areas, and meeting other Forum members. Looking forward to future meets.

TENBY.jpg

1.jpg

20180629_132156_001.jpg

2.jpg

A superb meet, so well organised thanks to Gareth and the team! We had a fantastic time exploring and I’m sure we’ll be back!

Thanks so much for organising, Gareth. It was our first time away since returning from our meander around Europe, and with previously undiscovered towns like Tenby on our doorstep, we are wondering why we felt the need to go further afield than Britain...

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Big thank you, and lots of admiration for that was achieved over the weekend to Gareth & Julie, plus admin of course :thumb.
As a latecomers to the meet, we were made very welcome by everybody, especially those with dogs of which there were many.
Sitting here now with a smile on my face thinking back to Saturday night dozing off with a rendition of “Hotel California” being sung around a campfire (well could have been Tom’s COB) in the background.

Diolch yn fawr

Adrian & Donnalee

View attachment 35062

Adding our thanks to Gareth and his helpers for a lovely meet. We'd left Tenby alone until now but having Gareth's local insight made it a great visit.

We've moved on to West Hook campsite near Marloes (50 mins or so from Tenby). Quite a breeze blowing so we are sitting in fleeces....lovely! 20180702_180947.jpg