Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet The booking for the 2019 Factory Meet is OPEN!

Did I see something about issues booking campsites?

I just talked to the campsites and there should be no other problem than periodically long response time due to low season …

Henrik,

Already booked a while back Paul & Menns Bond, paid by PayPal

Henrik,

Already booked a while back Paul & Menns Bond, paid by PayPal

Ah. Sorry I got it wrong. No problem then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UPDATE!

Due to cancellations both April and May trip have few places open, so if you do not want to miss this opportunity, please act fast and book your reservation.

Book now: CLICK HERE

Read about the VW Factory Tour: CLICK HERE

Just picked this up from my twitter account. Might be worth a look if you plan on travelling after 29th March - go to:
www.gov.uk/euexitdriving
or if you have a twitter account:
https://twitter.com/transportgovuk/status/1091313442160545792?s=21

Following Henrik’s email, for those of us travelling to the factory visit from the UK, above is a useful reminder from @Azteccamper on another thread of some of the motoring requirements we would face in the event of no deal.

At present I am uncertain about the visa situation but the EU have recently proposed (but not ratified) visa free travel:

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/media/38044/st05960-en19.pdf

UPDATE!

May is fully booked (again) and has none on the waiting list. BUT April has still 3 seats open … really no one up for the visit in April? It's about the final call :)

UPDATE!

May is fully booked (again) and has none on the waiting list. BUT April has still 3 seats open … really no one up for the visit in April? It's about the final call :)

If you don't get any takers, then maybe post something on the VWCC facebook group as there are owners on there that don't seem to look at the actual forum. There is still more than 1 month.

If you don't get any takers, then maybe post something on the VWCC facebook group as there are owners on there that don't seem to look at the actual forum. There is still more than 1 month.

Yes, you are right. I had the thought but for some reason, I skipped it again … maybe I will do that

Any news from back there in Germany ?
Suppose some have allready checked in the campsite , big day tomorrow....
Do hope @Kmann not fooled you all on april 1st:D

Hello All! I'm new to the forum and my Cali's build is next week, so if you see a cherry red Ocean on the production line, tell them to get a move on so I can get it before any brexit shenanigans scupper me having to pay import duties, etc... Oh, and have a great time...

Martin

Haha. Cant beleive no one wrote a post om the forum. They must be bussy enjoying the event. Sun is playing summer and all is good.

a1dc45830e241ed56600ab1d4ea8bf4b.jpg

To all you lucky folks in the first visit this year! Have a great time.
I have to wait another month (plus a week) before our Factory tour. Please make sure you leave some sunshine behind for the second brigade!
Don't forget to post some group photos etc (Not too many spoilers please!)
To all in the second group - how are you getting to Hannover? We are travelling on the 1st May to Hook van Holland, stopping at some sites on the way, including Keukenhof for the flower displays, in the Netherlands, during our slow trip to Hannover.
Looking forward to meeting you all, see you at the Camping Arnumer See on Wednesday 8th of May. :):)

Edit: Meant to say we are coming from UK so will have our International Driving Permit and Green Card with us if needed. (I won't say why! I think you can all guess!!! :eek::eek:)

Ok , so you all first visited Autostad and today everyone moved to Hannover .
Weather seems ok as it is here in Belgium for now :thumb.

Hahaha well, you may be correct may be because we’ve arrived at Stocken T6 factory and they had no record of our tour. They fixed one up though so we’re all happy and looking forward to the day.

Hahaha well, you may be correct may be because we’ve arrived at Stocken T6 factory and they had no record of our tour. They fixed one up though so we’re all happy and looking forward to the day.

Haha. Yes my nightmare came true! And could not get hold of my contact at VW. But I recsll that the information desk also not where notifyed the las time. Happy all went goog looking foreward to hear of all ended well. Its never good to be a testdummy. All faults are corrected for the real trip in may

Great trip, very interesting seeing Cali’s being born at Limmer and that there is significant build quality advantages for having VW build it (roof strength, aircraft quality furniture etc) as opposed to a converted van.
Henrik & all thanks for a great trip.

Haha. Yes my nightmare came true! And could not get hold of my contact at VW. But I recsll that the information desk also not where notifyed the las time. Happy all went goog looking foreward to hear of all ended well. Its never good to be a testdummy. All faults are corrected for the real trip in may

Well, I found out that my organizer at VW had apparently not given the Customer Service Desk any information about our arrival. Nevertheless, the guides were expecting the lot at 10.00 and were ready a quarter before … BUT off cause everyone was so eager to go, so they came BEFORE the Customer Service Center and the guide crew where in place and ready!

I love you all for the great enthusiasm and am happy that all went so well after all! Already looking forward to the next trip!

Ok , so you all first visited Autostad and today everyone moved to Hannover .
Weather seems ok as it is here in Belgium for now :thumb.

Exactly, and the next trip will go the opposite way. VW Factory first and AUTOSTADT second …

Back