Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet The booking for the 2019 Factory Meet is OPEN!

Yesterday we visited the Car Production Plant in Wolfsburg. Nothing prepared me for what I heard and saw!
Some numbers!
A13 storey admin block
2700 tonnes of sheet steel processed every day
More than 1000 trucks delivering parts every day
More than 4 million components in those 1000 trucks delivered every day
500 customer car collections directly every day from a total of 3500 produced every day
70k workers at Wolfsburg 40% live in Wolfsburg
The factory is the worlds largest brick built building and is one of the top 15 largest factories in the world.
6.5m sq m of factory space
10.7 million cars sold in 2017
Market value? More than $110 billion
The numbers are astonishing ...........

Today we went to the VW museum. Oh I was drooling!!!!! My favourite?
The last T3 produced. I post a photo below. This T3 was the very last produced and has only covered a very few miles. Great colour and genuinely immaculate. I shared a short discussion with a German enthusiast. Oh how I wish I could have spent some more time with him. His knowledge was astonishing!

I loved that museum! Did you see the T3 in the commercial vehicles pavilion at Autostadt? That was one of the last too.

Wow - How did you manage to get a car factory visit in Wolfsburg? Did you arrange it there?

Enjoy the bulb fields next :)

Unfortunately the Commercial Vehicle section was closed at Autostadt when we were there. We booked the factory tour from the UK on line. But we’re limited to one time with English commentary. It was a magnitude larger than the Transporter factory. Incredible!

Already been to the tulip fields on the way over. The theme this year is flower power!
We are of to the Harz Mountains today.

Back