Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The demise of diesel!

New Cali's (euro6) are also compatible with hvo 100 (renewable disel) that will have a future beyond fossil disel. It's a market, technology and solutions that will develop in parallel with EVs. Fossil fuels will be banned but probably not fuels that are renewable and can make the current car fleet relatively green. I have an ev now on lease but will terminate that and have ordered an Ocean

One way of hitting climate change targets, export production of polluting IC Engines to other countries :) (tongue in cheek comment but i’ve put my hard hat on anyway). :-

BERLIN (Reuters) - BMW will stop making internal combustion engines at its main plant in Munich by 2024, its head of production said on Friday at a conference marking the start of production of its electric i4 model.
The ICE engines currently made in Munich will be produced in BMW’s factories in Austria and the UK in future, production chief Milan Nedeljkovic said, though cars using the engines will still be assembled at the Munich plant.

One way of hitting climate change targets, export production of polluting IC Engines to other countries :) (tongue in cheek comment but i’ve put my hard hat on anyway). :-

BERLIN (Reuters) - BMW will stop making internal combustion engines at its main plant in Munich by 2024, its head of production said on Friday at a conference marking the start of production of its electric i4 model.
The ICE engines currently made in Munich will be produced in BMW’s factories in Austria and the UK in future, production chief Milan Nedeljkovic said, though cars using the engines will still be assembled at the Munich plant.
Well at BMW they are a bunch of smart people. Since the pollution and emission of CO2 comes in large part from manufacturing , why not moving the manufacturing outside Germany to keep german politicians at bay ?
Because of course the polluted air from Austria and UK will never reach Germany as the Chernobyl disaster has proved. Finally, before I finish my rant, it will give those employee that will inevitably be fired in Germany by bmw, time to think how smart it was to vote the way they voted that the massive push into electric car, now inevitable, will costs a lot of jobs in a country where the ICE car industry is pretty dominant.

It's like low emission zones. They make people drive around them which makes them drive further running their engines longer than they normally would. Nthe emissions for the country as a whole has to go up because of these. Or am I missing something? What happens if everyone just pays the lez charge? Air is the same. Council coffers are up. They are making it worse. Leccy cars are making it worse on a global scale with rare earth metal mining. I know something is sh1t if its forced upon me. Leccy cars are being forced upon me so I reckon they're sh1t. If they were good they wouldn't have to force me to buy 1. The answer is great public transport 24 hrs a day. But that thought is lost on both sides. Labour and Conservative

Last edited:
I live near to Bristol and I have two cars one is a 2019 VW Caravelle which does not have to pay to enter Bristol but my wife’s 2004 VW Beetle does.

There is a road that links the M5 with the South of Bristol and about a mile of that road is in the charging zone. So lorries now go the longer way round using more fuel and more importantly emitting more. The charge for an HGV is £100 so most operators will want there drivers to avoid the area which forces then down narrow country lanes to get round the charge between the M5 and South Bristol.

Interestingly that part of the road goes under the suspension bridge but if I go over the suspension bridge then that is not in the charging zone.

So is that in the best interests of the environment or helping the council to balance the books.

Also Bristol Council will not allow private individuals set up an account to to pay the charge so if you forget then they make even more money in the form of a fine.

If I go to Bath both cars which are privately owned do not have to pay the charge. There are other areas that have an emission zone and charge are different rates so you now need to check local council websites before travelling to a new area.

Buy it now, who knows what will happen in the future.
When our PM and Royals stop shuttling around in private jets and helicopters I’ll know it’s time to have a plan ‘b’

Back