Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New All electric California due in Autumn 2019. What are you thoughts?

I'm seriously considering the Citroen Ami for pootling around London: shopping trips, dog walking, visiting elderly relatives. Highly affordable at £7,695, can be charged to 100% from a normal domestic socket in three hours, and will go from zero to its top speed in just 10 seconds (The Bugatti Centodieci takes over 13 seconds to reach just 80% of its top speed).

OK - the Ami might be little more than a souped up golf cart, but for city roads it is ideal.
Ami 1.jpgAmi 2.jpgAmi 3.jpg
I saw a pair of them in Marseille a few weeks ago. Was so taken with them I took 3 photos.
Perfect if you need to drive in the city with one passenger and a few shopping bags.
What is the top speed, by the way (and is the Bugatti's 300mph?!)
I'd never heard of them, but my Dad was buzzing - he lives in Leeds and is just waiting (too long) to sell his diesel Skoda and buy an electric city car. He just can't bring himself to do it, and hire a car for longer journeys (probably 6 times/year for £30/day)

I'm seriously considering the Citroen Ami for pootling around London: shopping trips, dog walking, visiting elderly relatives. Highly affordable at £7,695, can be charged to 100% from a normal domestic socket in three hours, and will go from zero to its top speed in just 10 seconds (The Bugatti Centodieci takes over 13 seconds to reach just 80% of its top speed).

OK - the Ami might be little more than a souped up golf cart, but for city roads it is ideal.
I'm out on the Ami. Was suppose to be £5.5 to £6k and ended up £7.7 to £8.6k (I think). I currently walk, cycle or borrow the ID3 and I can justify the lesser amount ..... but not the higher.

Bought this whilst waiting for the LR and enjoying the 24kw battery PHEV side. 730miles so far, 695 on EV. However it's a big beast and 2.4miles/kW is it's average.

IMG_20220510_185805.jpg

I'm out on the Ami. Was suppose to be £5.5 to £6k and ended up £7.7 to £8.6k (I think). I currently walk, cycle or borrow the ID3 and I can justify the lesser amount ..... but not the higher.

The list price is £7,695 but I’m sure that sometime after launch discounts will be available for a cash purchase.

View attachment 93473View attachment 93474View attachment 93475
I saw a pair of them in Marseille a few weeks ago. Was so taken with them I took 3 photos.
Perfect if you need to drive in the city with one passenger and a few shopping bags.
What is the top speed, by the way (and is the Bugatti's 300mph?!)
I'd never heard of them, but my Dad was buzzing - he lives in Leeds and is just waiting (too long) to sell his diesel Skoda and buy an electric city car. He just can't bring himself to do it, and hire a car for longer journeys (probably 6 times/year for £30/day)
Looks about as interesting as a toaster!

Interesting… your first thought is to compare it to a popular household appliance.
Just found this video clip on Youtube and interestingly it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like a toaster:

Seriously, apart from the ingenious interchangability of parts, I'm struggling to find something to like about it?

Here's another video about the Citroen Ami that's just popped up on Youtube.
My favourite quote is when she says: "As soon as this thing stops, it's quite enjoyable."

Check out the build quality of the drivers seat at 10.19.

Here's another video about the Citroen Ami that's just popped up on Youtube.
My favourite quote is when she says: "As soon as this thing stops, it's quite enjoyable."

Check out the build quality of the drivers seat at 10.19.
I'd rather walk

Does it make toast too? That would be a bonus

Back