Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Week 45 Club

Not sure? I’ve got the pro upgrade, so maybe.
Be aware that Weconnect isn’t necessarily what it appears the commercial vehicles have restricted functionality vs cars, I think you will be underwhelmed with the Cali functionality , I certainly would not pay for it. The heater remote, via app, will not work with weconnect, I have it from VW direct ! If you intend paying, check it out fully before wasting your hard earned.

I have enjoyed following your progress in the short time I have been a member on here so congratulations and thank you!

Can I ask how your handover went as I also will be picking up from Crawley in a few weeks.
Handover was courteous but socially distant so no vehicle run through. Met by the salesman (Mike Harbinson) and pointed to a package on a table with all documentation and keys etc. Did a good check outside of what I could using my checklist. No loose bits missing. Lifted the roof to check no tears/damage to the bellows. Will check gas/water/etc tomorrow. All good so far :)

Be aware that Weconnect isn’t necessarily what it appears the commercial vehicles have restricted functionality vs cars, I think you will be underwhelmed with the Cali functionality , I certainly would not pay for it. The heater remote, via app, will not work with weconnect, I have it from VW direct ! If you intend paying, check it out fully before wasting your hard earned.
Thanks for the advice.

Not sure? I’ve got the pro upgrade, so maybe.
You get 3 years access GG with the Pro.

Discover Pro navigation system including ‘Streaming & Internet’. Only in combination with We Connect Plus, 3 years Z23 at no additional cost.

You got a little waste bin in one of your cup holders :D

Last edited:
You get 3 years access GG with the Pro.

Discover Pro navigation system including ‘Streaming & Internet’. Only in combination with We Connect Plus, 3 years Z23 at no additional cost.

You got a little waste bin in one of your cup holders :D
Yes I’ve got ‘Streaming & Internet’ which is great. It did a software update when I set it up. I can see all the vehicle data on my phone etc. Can also do things like flash lights and sound horn from my phone, but not sure about some other functions I.e. Aux Heater.

Oh and Mike Harbinson sent me a brief video walk around prior to collection.

Thanks for sharing - looks fab you must be so pleased to finally get your hands on it - so excited for you - no guessing what youre going to be doing lockdown really couldnt have timed it better :D

Make 100% sure you get the paper copy of the fifth year warrant, vw have a knack of misplacing record, the paper copy is the only way to prove it ( or the video )

:bananadance2 Nice, enjoy:bananadance2

Big news - dealer just sent one of those handy video updates and told me my Cali is at the UK port! I am surprised how quick this has been from build week 44. He said he thought it would be with them in another seven days. Not long now - anyone else arrived on the same ship?

Big news - dealer just sent one of those handy video updates and told me my Cali is at the UK port! I am surprised how quick this has been from build week 44. He said he thought it would be with them in another seven days. Not long now - anyone else arrived on the same ship?
Exciting times. Picked mine up last Friday. Well worth all the waiting.

ooh! When I checked this morning mine was still at port of exit...

ooh! When I checked this morning mine was still at port of exit...
Mine was on Friday. I'll check again this Friday. Given up on Dealer updates now.

Mine was on Friday. I'll check again this Friday. Given up on Dealer updates now.

Well fair play. I actually I just had an update from Tom to say mine is waiting for a ship will be at the dealership in 10 days or so.

Not checking yet, my week 43 build still languishing on the production line as of Friday

Might sound a silly question - but what build week is this - the one starting November 9th? Thanks

Yes week 46, however my week 43 has been quoted as the 19th Oct and last week was quoted as the 26th Oct, I think they throw a dart and see where it lands. But yes any business calendar will have today as 46.

Back