Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Week 45 Club

This Eva

This Eva

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Big news - dealer just sent one of those handy video updates and told me my Cali is at the UK port! I am surprised how quick this has been from build week 44. He said he thought it would be with them in another seven days. Not long now - anyone else arrived on the same ship?
I had more great news today our week 43 199 4motion is confirmed at Sheerness. Things moved on quickly in the last 3 weeks. There’s hope for all.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Wow your van looks so neat ! I love the wood effect flooring, super glad I specced this now, is yours the grey one? Love it
Yes, standard colour on the Ocean.

Claremacrob

Claremacrob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Have you had any update since?
I've not heard anything from the dealer this week!
I checked with the dealer on Friday @Zooks - he said it hadn't arrived with him yet so it's likely it'll be this coming week. He said he'd be able to deliver just 2-3 days after it arrives with him, so I'm hopeful that I'll be playing with it next weekend.

Zooks

Zooks

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I checked with the dealer on Friday @Zooks - he said it hadn't arrived with him yet so it's likely it'll be this coming week. He said he'd be able to deliver just 2-3 days after it arrives with him, so I'm hopeful that I'll be playing with it next weekend.
Ah ok thanks. Not sure i can collect mine yet anyway as the van will be across the border in England!
Hope you get yours soon though

G

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Frustratingly as of today mine is still stuck at rhe UK port, so all the excitement of getting through the factory and shipped to the uk in record time turns out to have been premature. Can’t understand why it takes so long to get it moved once its in the uk but hey ho. To be fair, Tom at Breeze has been keeping me regularly updated and was trying to get some news out of the VW brand people today.

pjduffill

pjduffill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
This is my week 45 order - email received this morning from VW

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

This email is a follow up after a conversation we had recently on LiveChat about your California Ocean. I wanted to provide an order update for order number XXXXXXXX

Your California Ocean is at the end of the assembly line. The Factory is in the process of completing the final check point. There are some delays and it is taking a little longer than usual because of the model year changes and the changes to Real Driving Emissions (RDE2).

I would kindly ask you to contact us on LiveChat towards the end of next week and we would be more than happy to provide you with an update.

Thanks for contacting Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK, I hope that this helps you today. If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our LiveChat Team over on the following page: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/about-us/contact-us.html

I hope you have a great day.

Kind regards

Wogga

Wogga

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
You lucky lucky ...........! I am holding off chatting with VW until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully my week 43 has actually left Hannover yet! It's strange how one or two get left behind, there must be quality issues?

Claremacrob

Claremacrob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Me too..... its become abit of an obsession :Nailbiting Where are you getting yours from. We have to go to Preston
Ours is from Preston too but we negotiated delivery when we ordered. Presumably they're sitting up there together right now! Do you think our obsessions will calm down after we've had them a week or two??

Claremacrob

Claremacrob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
You lucky lucky ...........! I am holding off chatting with VW until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully my week 43 has actually left Hannover yet! It's strange how one or two get left behind, there must be quality issues?
Yes I agree there is some unexplained variance in lead times. We got lucky... it will be almost exactly 3 months from order to delivery.

VW California Club