Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Things you didn't know your van did

I would really like to have this feature, but it doesn't seem to work on my 2013 SE140.
Any further details, or does anybody know how to get it to work for me?
Thanks!

EDIT: OK - it does work!
Holding the driver-side window button for a couple of seconds moves both windows simultaneously.
I will never know why it didn't work at all during a long test session yesterday...
Sorry for the confusion!

RE-EDIT: It seems you need to have actually opened a door since the last ignition-off, before it will work?
Merely unlocking the doors doesn't seem to do it.

Any further clarification welcome!
Let's say you drove from A to B. You stop. Turn off the ignition. Key in or out doesn't matter. Don't open any doors. You can operate the two front side windows for some minutes (approx. 5?). You just have to keep pressing the switch. The auto open or close function doesn't work.
Once you open 1 door, or wait 5 minutes and 1 second, it doesn't work anymore.

At least in my 2010 5.1.

Could hide this little bugger for 1 year and 3 months. It didn’t like the drive from Sweden to Italy and came out of hiding at the first campsite :thumb

Both of them where missing upon delivery so I got two new. The first one surfaced after a month or so but the second one...

1C76A22C-2D12-4318-BDBF-C5708D2165BB.jpeg

Could hide this little bugger for 1 year and 3 months. It didn’t like the drive from Sweden to Italy and came out of hiding at the first campsite :thumb

Both of them where missing upon delivery so I got two new. The first one surfaced after a month or so but the second one...

View attachment 51222
Tool kit screws?

If it is a table leg adjustment screw, theres only supposed to be one.

Tool kit screws but maybe they’re the same ones for the table?

2 on the black ones on front screen as well for traffic wardens to leave you a little love note! I wonder if traffic wardens are Key Workers.

Traffic in London has just melted away. They’d be better of reassigning traffic wardens as food wardens and posting them to the supermarkets.

This thread is quite long and I haven’t had time to read all of it but I wanted to mention the things I’ve learnt.

After about a year I braked a bit too hard and found the slide out “curtain” for the window above the fridge.

Last month something was resting on the button for the roof lights and they were having a disco - you can adjust the brightness by holding the button!

I’m going to look at the underside of my outside table now.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little button on the driver's door pillar that disables the alarm to internal movement

Set up outside the house for the greatbritishcampout, Used ramps on the front but n/s needed to be a little lower as on a slight incline.
The roof was up, the screen covers fitted, on hook up and the seats turned so, with an awful lot of time to kill, I thought I know, I'll get a scissor jack, a piece of wood and lift the front wheel under the lower wishbone. This will enable me to move the levelling ramp back a way to get it on an even keel.
As I raised that corner I jumped out my skin when the vehicle alarm went off . I can only assume that is an alarm which will go off if some lowlife tries to lift and tow the thing.
I live and learn.......check the ramps are in the desired position before raising roof, covering screen and turning seats etc...:rolleyes:

Mine changes from a high yearly milage vehicle to a low yearly milage vehicle without me having to do anything at all!
I think it is because of the Olympic blue. Mine hasn't done a mile in almost a month now...

I think we need a new thread for the 6.1 as I’m totally lost with how different things are

I think we need a new thread for the 6.1 as I’m totally lost with how different things are
I think that is the most interesting part of the thread. To hear what improvements, (or not). have been made. Sometimes things are best left unchanged.

Back