Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Things you didn't know your van did

If you put the key in the door lock and hold it in the lock position for a couple of seconds the mirrors fold up even I f you have the comfort feature disabled.

When the small screen in the middle of the dadhboard is in MFA mode, you can switch, for some items, from daily stats to long term stats by pushing the OK button on the steering wheel.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Windows go up when I hold the lock button (if they are open). I would like the mirrors to fold when I lock the van, like they do on our Golf. It's a great visual cue that the vehicle is locked.
when sat in the van with engine running, do your windows go up automatically with once click of the window switch or do you have to keep the button held up

when sat in the van with engine running, do your windows go up automatically with once click of the window switch or do you have to keep the button held up
One click, but if they stick or come back down due to the safety feature, you may have to reset the one-click.
Easy to do:

Starting from the closed position, lower the window, holding the switch down for 5 seconds once the glass has reached the bottom of the frame

Raise the window holding the switch up for 5 seconds when the glass gets to the top of the frame. The control unit now knows it's top and bottom limits and should function correctly with one touch.

They should do, if they don’t they need to be recalibrated. From memory, you do this by switching ignition on, winding the windows down then back up again, then switch off ignition.

One click, but if they stick or come back down due to the safety feature, you may have to reset the one-click.
Easy to do:

Starting from the closed position, lower the window, holding the switch down for 5 seconds once the glass has reached the bottom of the frame

Raise the window holding the switch up for 5 seconds when the glass gets to the top of the frame. The control unit now knows it's top and bottom limits and should function correctly with one touch.
That must be another solution! :D

The front lights switch on when unlocking the car. Quite ennoying when you do this on a camping during the night -> unlock the car two times, 3rd time the lights do not switch on.

The front lights switch on when unlocking the car. Quite ennoying when you do this on a camping during the night -> unlock the car two times, 3rd time the lights do not switch on.

If you turn the light switch to 0 then they don’t come on when unlocking.

If you turn the light switch to 0 then they don’t come on when unlocking.

Ok, that is a better solution, because I just noticed that after a while the lights do switch on again when unlocking

I thought all Beaches have?
Am I right that if you have a heated rear screen on an SE/Ocean, the standard double glazing on the rear screen has been eliminated? The configurator, in all it's VW wisdom, neglects to tell you that. I think the Beach comes standard with the un-doubleglazed, heated version.

Am I right that if you have a heated rear screen on an SE/Ocean, the standard double glazing on the rear screen has been eliminated? The configurator, in all it's VW wisdom, neglects to tell you that. I think the Beach comes standard with the un-doubleglazed, heated version.
Yes that’s correct: sliding side windows also eliminate the double glazing that would be there otherwise in a beach.

VW comfort mattress has two sides, being firm and soft...........

Please confirm.
I'm talking about the Beach VW comfort mattress here, one side, the side that tapers at the edges, is meant to go face down on the flattened bench to adapt to the bench's bumps and lumps, the other flatter softer side is meant to sleep on, very comfortably I might add.

I didn’t know that if the top of the wind out awning gets cruddy and muddy, the underneath also gets same treatment when you wind it in. Doh!

The larger picnic table can be clipped on to the kitchen work surface (or just sit free standing) to have a really big table INSIDE for 4. Perhaps everybody knows this already but I found it v exicting!
Didn't know that. Have to go and have a look.

I “discovered” that you can open/close the two electrical windows if the ignition is off and the doors unlocked by pressing the drivers side window button for a few seconds.
A bit the same as pressing long in the key fob.
Noticed this while I was waiting for madam in the shops and was ideally playing around pressing buttons for no reason :cool:
Useful ever since as you sometimes want to have the windows open while camping and don’t have to fumble with the keys.

I “discovered” that you can open/close the two electrical windows if the ignition is off and the doors unlocked by pressing the drivers side window button for a few seconds.
A bit the same as pressing long in the key fob.
Noticed this while I was waiting for madam in the shops and was ideally playing around pressing buttons for no reason :cool:
Useful ever since as you sometimes want to have the windows open while camping and don’t have to fumble with the keys.

Fantastic! what a find, tried it on mine and it works.
This thread is a gold mine.

If activated you can close the windows from outside the van with the remote key fob!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
I didn't know that. I just went out and tried it.

IF you have bought one of the the 'unofficial' VW-logo'ed mats from a VW festival (the large mat, around £40 I think) then it's the perfect size for the front and rear tyres to sit on top of the corners. This stops the mat from blowing away, without the need for pegs of any kind!!!

IMG_4336.jpeg

I tried this on a few occasions during my summer jaunt in France, and it was simply a case of dropping the mat where I want it then drive the two wheels on and job done.

It's the little things that make all the difference :)

Regards, Simon.

I would really like to have this feature, but it doesn't seem to work on my 2013 SE140.
Any further details, or does anybody know how to get it to work for me?
Thanks!

EDIT: OK - it does work!
Holding the driver-side window button for a couple of seconds moves both windows simultaneously.
I will never know why it didn't work at all during a long test session yesterday...
Sorry for the confusion!

RE-EDIT: It seems you need to have actually opened a door since the last ignition-off, before it will work?
Merely unlocking the doors doesn't seem to do it.

Any further clarification welcome!

Last edited:
IF you have bought one of the the 'unofficial' VW-logo'ed mats from a VW festival (the large mat, around £40 I think) then it's the perfect size for the front and rear tyres to sit on top of the corners. This stops the mat from blowing away, without the need for pegs of any kind!!!

View attachment 50114

I tried this on a few occasions during my summer jaunt in France, and it was simply a case of dropping the mat where I want it then drive the two wheels on and job done.

It's the little things that make all the difference :)

Regards, Simon.

Thank you - top tip! I don't have much success with the clips. It also stops anyone taking it!

Back