Has anyone had a tricking device fitted and if you have

1- approx how much
2- is it worth it
3- are there any on-going costs
4- how long did it take
5- where did you have it done

Many thanks
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/search/21234177/?q=Trackers&o=relevance&c[node]=10

I don’t have one fitted. I prefer good Insurance. If some yobbo wants it that much he can have it and I don’t want it back.
That’s my personal opinion. Some do have them. See the above link.

has anyone actually had their California Stolen or do you know know of any that have been stolen ?

From what I’ve seen they tend to be stolen from driveways after breaking into the house to get the keys.

I don’t have statistics but that’s my impression.

Mike

After having my California nicked once already (I got it back soon afterwards, purely by luck), i paid £399 to get it fitted with a "ghost "immobiliser. Yes its expensive but imo much better than a tracker. They cant start the car..even if they have the keys. The immobiliser is switched off by pressing buttons on the dash in a certain sequence. no fob to remember/lose. Strongly recommend.

The problem with many GPS trackers is anyone organised can find them or block them. ALways worth having one, I have more than one however. I have more than one a cheap one and a not so cheap one.

Have a look at Sigfox trackers and also Automatrics MTrack if you really want a tracker that can't be blocked and may actually get the thieves caught.

Many have a view that if it gets stolen they wouldn't want it back. For me it's about getting people caught.

After having my California nicked once already (I got it back soon afterwards, purely by luck), i paid £399 to get it fitted with a "ghost "immobiliser. Yes its expensive but imo much better than a tracker. They cant start the car..even if they have the keys. The immobiliser is switched off by pressing buttons on the dash in a certain sequence. no fob to remember/lose. Strongly recommend.
Really interesting product. Out of curiosity Is it resistant to the OBD hack that allows these vehicles to be started without keys?

I think we all agree that its a combination of all these things to slow, prevent, and track as there is not a single solution.

Really interesting product. Out of curiosity Is it resistant to the OBD hack that allows these vehicles to be started without keys?
There is no ODB hack for the T6, but yes it does stop that sort of attack as it is invisible on the ODB bus.

I had planned to get my OBD altered (some alter them to damage any dodgy devices attached) but that can cause problems with dealers obviously.

I had planned to get my OBD altered (some alter them to damage any dodgy devices attached) but that can cause problems with dealers obviously.
There are a couple of things you could do, I’ll call you on the walki talki around lunchtime if you are about tomorrow?

Back