Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyres!!!!

Go for something with a straight tread pattern, much less road noise!

I have 25,000 on the original set of Continentals factory fitted and my front tyres are down to 4.7mm.

Check the tyres carefully because they have a lifespan dictated by UV and weight distribution degradation of the rubber not just milage covered. Low milage with the vehicle left stationary for extended periods can damage the tyre sidewalls.
Good advice. We had to change all the tyres on our cali about 3 years ago even though they'd only done 8500 miles.They'd all cracked around the treads, no doubt caused by lack of use.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I quote 'British Tyre Manufacturers‟ Association, it is advised that tyres should ideally be replaced when 5 years old, and should never be used when more than 7 years old, Research further suggests that tyres which need a high inflation pressure (say 50psi or more) require greater care still. Such tyres should be closely examined for signs of deterioration from 3 years old.
Since tyres deteriorate with age even when not in use (unless kept under very strictly controlled conditions of temperature, humidity, light level etc), it is usually necessary to consider a tyre's age from the date it was made, and not from when it was bought or fitted. Tyre age can usually be identified from a code on the tyre.'