Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

van insurance

S

silverbambi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Where do get your van insurance? Just had mine doubled by Camping and Caravan Club (Ageas). Reported my mains charger as shorting out as a possible fire (silly me). Never claimed and my 'no claims' bonus remains at 9 years.

Just had mine doubled by Camping and Caravan Club

At one year they sent a doubled renewal. I ran a "new quote" and it came up same as the year before which they honoured when I rang up and had a moan. If you had a fault that you have had fixed should not be an issue.

Just had our renewal notice, less than last year for CCC.
May go with CMC who have quoted £50 less than CCC .
Members of both clubs.

Just renewed mine with ccc and it was cheaper than last year by about £30.00
I would give them a ring .

At one year they sent a doubled renewal. I ran a "new quote" and it came up same as the year before which they honoured when I rang up and had a moan. If you had a fault that you have had fixed should not be an issue.
Now ringing around for better quotes. Adrian Flux looks interesting. Thanks for answering. Gordon

Now ringing around for better quotes. Adrian Flux looks interesting. Thanks for answering. Gordon

Ha, ha. Good advice. Checked their reviews and they were not good. To be fair, the complaints were mainly to do with the fitting of 'black boxes' and the fact they didn't work so well.
Went back to Camping and Caravans insurance and they wiped the 'fire report' from my record and I ended up with the same premium as I had last year. Result.
This is why this club and its members are so good. Gordon

Thanks Peregrinus. Have now taken insurance with the Camping and Caravan Club. Thanks for your interest and taking the time to reply to my question. Regards, Gordon

Last edited by a moderator:
So do the reviews, especially of some of the Insurance companies they use. They are Brokers.

We've always been insured with C&MC - very reasonable price. I shopped around at renewal time, but couldn't get equivalent for cheaper so stayed with them.

We've always been insured with C&MC - very reasonable price. I shopped around at renewal time, but couldn't get equivalent for cheaper so stayed with them.
Did check them out, but in the end went back to C&CC, who had revised their quote to take out the reported 'fire' (which wasn't). They matched last year, so I was pleased. Thanks for your input Mr & Mrs B. Regards Gordon

Back