VW California Meet Denmark 2019 pictures&reports

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
This is the official thread for Q&A regarding the VW California Meet in Denmark 2019 …

The dates are 30. august to 1. september 2019 … reservation due to launch within the next 24 hours … and tickets are limited :)

Henrik is it possible that the englisch version is not visible ? On Iphone that is , we are on the road ...
It says englisch version below but i don’t see it ! Must learn Danish

Edit : found it ....;)

Looks very nice and again all good explained and wonderfull layout& pics

Last edited:
1/3 of the tickets gone in just 24 hours … be fast :)

Good afternoon,

That sounds good. I would love to go (still need to talk to my wife).

I just had a look at Google maps. It seems that for me there are 3x ferries and around 2,000 km to drive. Driving I don't mind, but the cost of the three ferry crossings might be a bit to much for me after the summer holiday.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

That sounds good. I would love to go (still need to talk to my wife).

I just had a look at Google maps. It seems that for me there are 3x ferries and around 2,000 km to drive. Driving I don't mind, but the cost of the three ferry crossings might be a bit to much for me after the summer holiday.

Regards,
Eberhard

Try to book the reservation (not finalize) and see the actual price. You might be surprised. This year it is a new operator and it has become a lot cheaper. I think @Jabberwocky got some really cheap tickets …

Try to book the reservation (not finalize) and see the actual price. You might be surprised. This year it is a new operator and it has become a lot cheaper. I think @Jabberwocky got some really cheap tickets …

Thank you for the information.

I need to check the cost for the crossing either from Ireland to France or from Ireland to UK and UK to France. Those crossings could get expensive. Also I might need to decide if it would be better just only to go from Ireland to France to avoid potential long queues on Calais / Dover (I don't expect issues on Holyhead to Dublin).

I will talk to my wife about this, she is quite good in arranging and booking ferries, flights, hotels, apartments....

Regards,
Eberhard

Hi Kmann

Looks a great few days & we are considering joining the meet as we shall be travelling in Scandinavia from the end of August to mid September. However, do you book the Bornholm ferry as ‘Tall car w/wo trailer (height<2.95m)’ or ‘Campervan <8m’, there seems to be a considerable difference in price between the two.

Thanks
JudeT

Thank you for the information.

I need to check the cost for the crossing either from Ireland to France or from Ireland to UK and UK to France. Those crossings could get expensive. Also I might need to decide if it would be better just only to go from Ireland to France to avoid potential long queues on Calais / Dover (I don't expect issues on Holyhead to Dublin).

I will talk to my wife about this, she is quite good in arranging and booking ferries, flights, hotels, apartments....

Regards,
Eberhard
When we go to North Europe we always travel Harwich to Hook van Holland with overnight accom. We are going in May to the Cali Factory and our return ticket is £208.76 - a bargain as far as I am concerned.
The only other ferry we would use to get to the meet in Denmark would be from Sweden to Bornholm - we were quoted DKK456 return (about £55 - also a good price) see link. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...in-denmark-are-now-official.28684/post-330526
Hope this helps.
Edit: I just checked these prices as I was looking at/booked them back in January. The Ystad - Bornholm price is now DKK598 (If you travel back on Monday) but over DKK700 for a Sunday departure. The Hook van Holland to Harwich is of the order of £268 return now depending when you travel but if you can travel in the daytime you can get it for sub £200! Happy hunting folks.

Last edited:
Hi Kmann

Looks a great few days & we are considering joining the meet as we shall be travelling in Scandinavia from the end of August to mid September. However, do you book the Bornholm ferry as ‘Tall car w/wo trailer (height<2.95m)’ or ‘Campervan <8m’, there seems to be a considerable difference in price between the two.

Thanks
JudeT

If you are within dimensions I would think you would be safe as a car. That is what we did last year from Ystad. But the operator has changed. I have bought a car for this trip … but no promise. That is what we normally do.

Just called Customer Service. If the car is registered as an Autocamper you should book like that. But as far as I recall in Denmark (at least) California is registered as a Car. So they ended telling me that you can book a car as long as you are within dimensions …

So you should book as "Tall Car" …

If you are within dimensions I would think you would be safe as a car. That is what we did last year from Ystad. But the operator has changed. I have bought a car for this trip … but no promise. That is what we normally do.

Just called Customer Service. If the car is registered as an Autocamper you should book like that. But as far as I recall in Denmark (at least) California is registered as a Car. So they ended telling me that you can book a car as long as you are within dimensions …

So you should book as "Tall Car" …

That’s great Kmann, thanks for your help

UPDATE!
Half the Pits are gone in 48 hours … just saying. Be quick!

No wonder tickets going fast, everyone wants to see what this event at 10am is ;-) Even i'm intrigued.
Screenshot_20190408-210947_Chrome.jpg
This trip and place overall sounds sooo amazing, would absolutely love to go but got a bit of the 'oh my gosh, where would i start planning something like this!"
Is anyone taking kiddies??

No wonder tickets going fast, everyone wants to see what this event at 10am is ;-) Even i'm intrigued.
View attachment 43260
This trip and place overall sounds sooo amazing, would absolutely love to go but got a bit of the 'oh my gosh, where would i start planning something like this!"
Is anyone taking kiddies??

HAHA … yes. Another thought it was a typo. But ist for real :)

Just book the ferry and go …

HAHA … yes. Another thought it was a typo. But ist for real :)

Just book the ferry and go …
Ive just googled it, hahahaha, looks amazing fun!!!!
Oh gosh, where, how, cost, im new to all this cali adventures thing , but not crossed the english channel yet, barely even left wales :rolleyes: but would love do this!