Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Meet Denmark 2019 pictures&reports

Hehe … did you book Rik?
Hi Henrik, I did not book yet :embarrased as it seems our timing for USA is a little too tight for comfort to allow a good turnround from getting back from Bornholm to flying off to Denver. I wont say yet we are not coming but it is looking a little ominous at the moment. We are working on a plan!

Hi Henrik, I did not book yet :embarrased as it seems our timing for USA is a little too tight for comfort to allow a good turnround from getting back from Bornholm to flying off to Denver. I wont say yet we are not coming but it is looking a little ominous at the moment. We are working on a plan!

Understandable, but I still hope you make it :)

We have booked ....need to look now from witch way we will be getting there to book the ferry to the island.

Did you make your booking yet? Still, some tickets left for this adventure … come and enjoy!

iStock-105570367.jpg

We have had to cancel our Norway trip until next year sadly :sorry but this does mean we should be able to come to Bornholm, just need to clear it with the boss for time off.

Couple of questions, does my friend need to own a California to come, or is a conversion ok?

Obviously my grasp of the Danish language is not good, will I be ok? for instance when I go to Netherlands I'm understood.

I’ll probably be on my own and this being the first trip out of the UK, will I feel like a spare part?

Couple of questions, does my friend need to own a California to come, or is a conversion ok?

Obviously my grasp of the Danish language is not good, will I be ok? for instance when I go to Netherlands I'm understood.

I’ll probably be on my own and this being the first trip out of the UK, will I feel like a spare part?

Many people in Denmark speak very good english (probably better than mine ;0 ) so you should be fine. I am not aware of a need to own a california, many meets I've been to have had all sorts of vehicles but the majority will be calis. :)

Now to work out the best route with our two hounds. We can't leave until monday so its a rather long drive to make it for friday if go via the tunnel.

We are currently driving to Memling in Bruges on the monday night and then plan 4 or 5 hours per day to get us to the ferry at 11.20 on Friday.

We haven't booked a ferry off the island, pondering Sweden perhaps?

Bornholm Meet 2019 We still have a few tickets left for last minute deciders :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We are current travelling in Denmark with the meet on the agenda .
Read our adventures here:

@the meet Cali’s are getting parked up . Some are early T4 others T5’s but the most are T6 Oceans .....and even a Grand California 600 has joined us !
A1F9EE71-A6E3-425D-B498-C489920163F9.jpeg

The first day ended in a large dinnertable where everyone had theire own cooked meal , but the main thing on the menu was PIZZA !
Henrik set up his oven and everyone could make a pizza with own ingredients and had it baked in the oven...
C5858A89-A46D-4635-B90E-4450E1EEF576.jpeg
E8CB2D1A-EA43-4183-BFD8-B63B62D9BA2F.jpeg
F30B73F2-7280-4CC0-8235-BBF35C3D44C0.jpeg
9EC5681A-0947-45EE-84E1-F7E1F24A36A7.jpeg
We stayed out until late after dark seeing a large amount of stars some schooting stars and even a slight sing of the milkyway
Most of us got to meet eachother and now of to bed ....

Good morning from Hullehavn camping !
94672949-3DDA-4A16-ADE8-C9E1FE75E4FC.jpeg0CFEF2E9-A0F4-4880-BCEA-702CDCD170A5.jpeg
1AE5EB98-FC9A-4B6C-A30C-0A66A675BC84.jpeg

Thismorning there was Chickenskiing , everyone got a number , three chickens where set on the ground one before the others and the number the poo was dropped in won a price !
Three prices given , they all got some local beers and VW goodies .
It was great fun at the campsite .....
EC066019-60A6-4A8F-9D9C-6D3A04E1FFAA.jpeg

150979BC-5EA5-4BFC-B04B-F54F8D60EFB8.jpeg
155E3549-6460-4D8F-A31E-A7B67D630C2B.jpeg
0F69CAFC-1AF5-445E-8BE0-0841D457FDD7.jpeg
0D5C3891-68CD-43DD-9C20-58F8C4E5FEEA.jpeg
D705788C-C451-45A3-98E7-B5AF63B6CFB7.jpeg
F3A59823-809F-43DC-9E1D-01A58DEF0CC9.jpeg

Wow! Looks like you all had a great time and some good weather too. Love the Chicken poop Roulette. Oh, and Henrick, Iben, that Pizza oven! You've always got some new gadget - should have known. Would have loved to test driven that!
Sorry we missed you all - next time. xx
Happy Cali Camping.

Thanks to Henrik and Iben for organizing such a fun meet, and for everyone who was there and made it so welcoming for our first VWCC event.
Such a great bunch of people from different backgrounds and uses of their Calis, but with such a common enthusiasm and friendliness.
The weekend led my daughters to ask when can they come to the next one, and my youngest to say that she would love to return to this campsite on Bornholm in the future with her boyfriend/ husband in their own Cali.
A very enjoyable event and we look forward to making more new friends at future meets.
Thanks also to @MattBW for the Carista configuration help - much appreciated.
Cheers. Mike

Thanks to Henrik and Iben for organizing such a fun meet, and for everyone who was there and made it so welcoming for our first VWCC event.
Such a great bunch of people from different backgrounds and uses of their Calis, but with such a common enthusiasm and friendliness.
The weekend led my daughters to ask when can they come to the next one, and my youngest to say that she would love to return to this campsite on Bornholm in the future with her boyfriend/ husband in their own Cali.
A very enjoyable event and we look forward to making more new friends at future meets.
Thanks also to @MattBW for the Carista configuration help - much appreciated.
Cheers. Mike
There is a meet in Dorset at the end of September..........?