Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Contact Details for Warranty issue

B

Blob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All
We have a 2018 Ocean that we bought last year and had a number of lovely holidays before lock down. The van just had its first service where I asked for the random on/off of the under sink/cooker led lighting to be fixed. I provided them with the explanation from this forum about the incorrect factory wiring to the main battery rather than the leisure one. The dealer checked the electrics and claimed that they could not find a fault and the problem may have gone away. I explained how it was an intermittent fault, but they claimed to have watched it for a while. They explained that they are not allowed to fix faults under warranty that they can't detect. To cut a long story short, we agreed that I would contact VW and get them to authorise the work. Does anyone know how to contact VW on such matters? I was thinking email. I can't see anything on the internet.
Many thanks
Bob

Look out for a decent dealer in your nearby , look in the dealer review section for those in your nearby.

Search for VW customer services UK... that should help?
EDIT : my emails have all come from a VWCV address...VW Commercial Vehicles...

Hi All
We have a 2018 Ocean that we bought last year and had a number of lovely holidays before lock down. The van just had its first service where I asked for the random on/off of the under sink/cooker led lighting to be fixed. I provided them with the explanation from this forum about the incorrect factory wiring to the main battery rather than the leisure one. The dealer checked the electrics and claimed that they could not find a fault and the problem may have gone away. I explained how it was an intermittent fault, but they claimed to have watched it for a while. They explained that they are not allowed to fix faults under warranty that they can't detect. To cut a long story short, we agreed that I would contact VW and get them to authorise the work. Does anyone know how to contact VW on such matters? I was thinking email. I can't see anything on the internet.
Many thanks
Bob
I was told the same Bob - ‘sorry we can’t see anything wrong’
Watching this with intent....
Keep this thread updated if you don’t mind it would be appreciated

Look out for a decent dealer in your nearby , look in the dealer review section for those in your nearby.
Thanks
Search for VW customer services UK... that should help?
EDIT : my emails have all come from a VWCV address...VW Commercial Vehicles...
Hi Alison
I did, it seems rather generic I was optimistically hoping for something California related

I have the same issue and am currently "waiting for parts" getting on for four weeks now since it went in to be sorted. They seem to think it is a faulty relay under the fridge at fault but as and electrical engineer I have my doubts but am going with the flow for now. I have been assured as it has been reported before the warranty runs out it will be fixed regardless. They also said that as not enough people had reported this issue VW did not have any record of it on their database. Looking back at the reports on here I find that hard to believe. I have sent a mail to the address above but have only had the normal "someone will get back to you" mail. I have another thread on this issue and am keeping that one updated with progress.

Ok, so the VWCV email address responded and I have been asked for my chassis number. Let's see what happens now....

On the same subject i called breeze poole today to see if they had come across this and they said they are waiting for parts on back order for other customers with the same issue.

On the same subject i called breeze poole today to see if they had come across this and they said they are waiting for parts on back order for other customers with the same issue.
I am now puzzled. Is this the same part that you are waiting for i.e. a relay?
I recall that @VW Guru from Breeze had posted here (https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-ocean-under-unit-light-mind-of-its-own.24875/page-2) that he had found that the problem was that the light is connected to the main battery rather than the leisure battery? Are we now believing that was not correct?
Just to make sure we are talking about the same issue, mine is that the strip light in "Driving Mode" comes on by itself randomly ?

Heard back from VW after giving my chassis details.....
"I have managed to check our system and your vehicle is not showing as affected by any known issues nor does it have any service campaigns or recalls."
You can imagine the rest of the email, basically "go away".
I did think this line was a nice touch....
"I do hope that the fault doesn't reappear and if it does that you manage to diagnose what the fault is"
I have asked if they actually have the fault I have raised listed in their "system". I suspect not.
I have requested they reconsider their refusal to help.
Considering my next move. Good job it is only irritating and not fundamental.

Heard back from VW after giving my chassis details.....
"I have managed to check our system and your vehicle is not showing as affected by any known issues nor does it have any service campaigns or recalls."
You can imagine the rest of the email, basically "go away".
I did think this line was a nice touch....
"I do hope that the fault doesn't reappear and if it does that you manage to diagnose what the fault is"
I have asked if they actually have the fault I have raised listed in their "system". I suspect not.
I have requested they reconsider their refusal to help.
Considering my next move. Good job it is only irritating and not fundamental.
Yes, same issue. I was told the first fix is to change the relay(on back order) and if this is not the solution then further investigation required.

My advice, give up on your dealer and go to Breeze Poole or Breeze Totton. I had the same issue. They knew all about it as had fixed it before. It was booked in with no arguments and sorted out. The problem has not come back. Dealers should be looking to @Tomdbreeze and @Michael Breeze on how to treat customers. It annoys me that some dealers just try and fob you off after you have spent a small fortune, fortunately the crew at Breeze are not like this.

Well as I suspected they ignored my question as to whether the fault was logged in their system.
They also told me they could not tell me the battery that the lighting should be connected to. They recommended I asked the garage.
Looks like I am heading for the south coast :cool:

Back