Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Emissions Scandal & The VW California

Hi all again, i knew i would get some stick for putting how i feel. I maintain that regrdless of how much i paid for the vehicle AND any discount i got on my Beach ( 3.5 %) as it happens, and even f it was 50% it should have no bearing on the fact that i was misled about the goods i was purchasing. Its fairly straightforward it seems to me if my vehicle is not what was advertised
In many ways it would be easier just to get on with what i have got but i do not like being lied to. You are probably right Welsh Gas that it may cost me in the long run but i can not just let it pass me by

Hi Maxi, I doubt you have been misled/ lied to. None of us on this forum prior to this stupid error of ways by Vw cared a fig about NOx level tests in the USA. We did want a VW camper van though and did look at CO2 emissions , stop start bluemotion technology, regenerative braking etc. I don't think we have been misled by that. Now if i have to have my engine detuned because of further revelations to comply with the UK then i too will be seeking recompense but i cannot see that ever happening.

Hi again.The only thing i would add is that if its an easy fix then why such a big knee jerk reaction by VW . I just feel deflated when i should be elated.
I shall see what occurs over the coming weeks

Hi again.The only thing i would add is that if its an easy fix then why such a big knee jerk reaction by VW . I just feel deflated when i should be elated.
I shall see what occurs over the coming weeks
It's all about USA and money, your Beach is still the same precious, gorgeous go anywhere vehicle that you desired and grafted for, go enjoy it :thumb

What's add-blue...???

Or the technical version

AdBlue is a high quality urea solution that is easy to use. AdBlue is the registered trademark for AUS32, or Aqueous Urea Solution 32.5% that is used with the Selective Catalytic Reduction system (SCR) to reduce emissions of oxides of nitrogen from the exhaust of UK diesel v

If this does impact our Calis, it's not unlikely that your vehicle will see a big chunk cut from its current resale value.

As boring as it sounds, the resale value was a key factor in our purchase (I married an accountant!). Get your chequebook ready VW.

Yeah resale was a big factor in my purchase, I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

If this does impact our Calis, it's not unlikely that your vehicle will see a big chunk cut from its current resale value.

Why?
The main reason for buying a Cali in the first place is because of the freedom and spontaneity that it provides. They enable people to escape their busy, complicated and often hum drum day to day lives at the drop of a hat and experience quality time out. In other words it is a lifestyle choice.
Even if it turns out that our Calis are involved, I don't believe it will change peoples desire to own one. Unless you have the funds to buy a new un-affected EU6 Cali, which I suspect most people don't, then the residual values of used ones should remain strong. If a purchaser is concerned about reducing emissions, and we all should be, I suspect that the cali still remains one of the best options compared to other similar leisure vehicles.
In any case this shouldn't really be an issue with the Cali. Given the low mileage covered by the average camper van along with their not un-common long life span compared to other vehicles, they must be one of the most eco friendly vehicles you can buy. If you are interested in cutting emissions you have to consider the whole life costs.
I therefore feel that this VW emissions fiasco is likely to have little if any effect on Cali residual values.

I notice a lot of Cali's for sale on here and auto trader, prices do seem to be tumbling as I have noticed quite a few price reductions over the past week. possibly caused by the VW scandal and the T6

That's not good news hopefully it's just temporary. I bet new prices don't drop anytime soon.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Only if there is a stampede to sell! Anyone want to get shut quick. Not me! :D

No one's getting my cali either!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Audi have now admitted using same type of software. I wonder who's next!

Skoda, Seat....if you're including all of the VAG?

As boring as it sounds, the resale value was a key factor in our purchase (I married an accountant!). Get your chequebook ready VW.

Why?
The main reason for buying a Cali in the first place is because of the freedom and spontaneity that it provides. They enable people to escape their busy, complicated and often hum drum day to day lives at the drop of a hat and experience quality time out. In other words it is a lifestyle choice.
Even if it turns out that our Calis are involved, I don't believe it will change peoples desire to own one. Unless you have the funds to buy a new un-affected EU6 Cali, which I suspect most people don't, then the residual values of used ones should remain strong. If a purchaser is concerned about reducing emissions, and we all should be, I suspect that the cali still remains one of the best options compared to other similar leisure vehicles.
In any case this shouldn't really be an issue with the Cali. Given the low mileage covered by the average camper van along with their not un-common long life span compared to other vehicles, they must be one of the most eco friendly vehicles you can buy. If you are interested in cutting emissions you have to consider the whole life costs.
I therefore feel that this VW emissions fiasco is likely to have little if any effect on Cali residual values.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I posted this earlier but made a complete dogs breakfast of it. Still don't know what i did wrong.

Last edited:
Why?
I therefore feel that this VW emissions fiasco is likely to have little if any effect on Cali residual values.

Sorry, I posted this earlier but made a complete dogs breakfast of it. Still don't know what i did wrong.[/QUOTE]

How do you know the EU6 Cali is unaffected?

Audi have now admitted using same type of software. I wonder who's next!
Ha, ha, I own a 2012 Audi with 2000ccm engine and a 2010 Cali with 2000ccm engine. Both have their secret weapon installed, both work perfect. I wonder what will they do about it? The lower taxes were already paid and the registration is paid by kW, not emissions. I am not worried too much, but would be, if I was in a market for a new one.

...yep a Euro 6 engine is just a Euro 5 engine with some additional software.
Software 'Euro version 5.0' or version 6.0.
As Jen says, the real concern will be the VED banding which probably won't change until the dust settles.
If we do get any compensation it will be just prior to any VED hike... Sorry just a little suspicious..
They know who's affected, why don't they just produce a definitive list.
Glad I held back before considering change....

...yep a Euro 6 engine is just a Euro 5 engine with some additional software.
Software 'Euro version 5.0' or version 6.0.
As Jen says, the real concern will be the VED banding which probably won't change until the dust settles.
If we do get any compensation it will be just prior to any VED hike... Sorry just a little suspicious..
They know who's affected, why don't they just produce a definitive list.
Glad I held back before considering change....
The euro6 engines have the SCR with adblue system so aren't just different software - so far as I'm aware they're not affected by the scandal

As Jen says, the real concern will be the VED banding which probably won't change until the dust s. ettles.
The government will look to VW for any loss of revenue, it shouldn't affect the owners.

Look at the bright side, we're lucky - we've got a better performing vehicle (i.e. not strangled) than what we are paying VED for; and anyone with a company vehicle is paying less benefit in kind than they would have been.

Sorry - The Euro 5 - Euro 6 thing was just tongue in cheek...

VW haven't yet said which cars have been affected - apparently many people in the industry seemed to know which begs the question, how far back does it go and are other manufacturers involved?
They obviously felt the need to tamper with the less stringent European requirements, so who's the say the Euro 5's aren't affected? Only time will tell...

Back