Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T6 Bike Rack specifications???

C

CSaville

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,

We are just about to order a VW bike rack for our T6. But we would really like to get a big storage bag to put on it so we can use it to transport our awning and sleeping bags so they are not clogging up the interior due to also having to transport 2 very large dogs!
We were thinking we might be able to contact the people who made our custom seat covers and get them to make a matching bag. So my question is: does anyone have the exact measurements for the bike rack "bed" where the storage bag will sit?

TIA :D x

Hi All,

We are just about to order a VW bike rack for our T6. But we would really like to get a big storage bag to put on it so we can use it to transport our awning and sleeping bags so they are not clogging up the interior due to also having to transport 2 very large dogs!
We were thinking we might be able to contact the people who made our custom seat covers and get them to make a matching bag. So my question is: does anyone have the exact measurements for the bike rack "bed" where the storage bag will sit?

TIA :D x
Just measured mine. 53.5 x 130 cm. That measurement is outside to outside of the gutters that the bike wheels sit in. Outside edge of gutter nearest to rear of van to outside edge of gutter furthest away from van. Hope that makes sense/helps.

Thanks very much Trev, really helpful :D x
No problem. I have just measured again to be sure! Once you have your bag would you mind posting a pic please?

No problem. I have just measured again to be sure! Once you have your bag would you mind posting a pic please?
Of course, we are just waiting for some quotes for the bag, and also still waiting on the bike rack as VW are backlogged on making them!

Be aware there are 2 types of T6 rack...kylie and Quasimodo. Make sure you are both thinking of the same type for your project.

Be aware there are 2 types of T6 rack...kylie and Quasimodo. Make sure you are both thinking of the same type for your project.
oh really, what's the difference between them? We weren't given a choice when we ordered directly from VW.

oh really, what's the difference between them? We weren't given a choice when we ordered directly from VW.
I can't find the link to the discussions but there has been several discussions and comparisons on here. The Quasi is the more modern one (angular, updated features) the kylie is the same style as the T5 rack and looks like it was made for the Cali (but I'm sure the Quasi will in time). They have different footprints for the carrying of bags. If you didn't discuss, I guess yours will be the Quasi. Just ensure Trev's dimensions are for that rack.

I can't find the link to the discussions but there has been several discussions and comparisons on here. The Quasi is the more modern one (angular, updated features) the kylie is the same style as the T5 rack and looks like it was made for the Cali (but I'm sure the Quasi will in time). They have different footprints for the carrying of bags. If you didn't discuss, I guess yours will be the Quasi. Just ensure Trev's dimensions are for that rack.
The dimensions I gave are for the more modern one Quasi (never knew it had a name) rather than the T5 version. Never knew there was a choice - would have gone for Kylie given the choice!

Back