Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW to Start Shipping from Monday 25th May

It appears that if you are in the North of England you are going to get your Cali quicker than us in the South with the Main Highway back and forth to Grimsby it seems every other day ! There is obviously no problem loading at Emden so it must be a problem at Sheerness, presumably a backlog they are not clearing very quickly. I wonder if Tom at Breeze knows anything as they will be affected as they are served by Sheerness. Anyone know him to ask ??

It appears that if you are in the North of England you are going to get your Cali quicker than us in the South with the Main Highway back and forth to Grimsby it seems every other day ! There is obviously no problem loading at Emden so it must be a problem at Sheerness, presumably a backlog they are not clearing very quickly. I wonder if Tom at Breeze knows anything as they will be affected as they are served by Sheerness. Anyone know him to ask ??
I’ll try him but think he is off on a Wednesday.

He is off today.

old article, but lack of yard space seems to be an issue:

Ok The Malacca Highway somehow is fully loaded according to its draught and will be shortly departing for Sheerness soon. Guess they side load from that dockside?

Last edited:
Fooled us all, she is certainly capable of side loading..... I wonder why it is now from a completely different part of the port though - you would think all the Calis are delivered to the same parking area of the port !

Does anyone know what else is shipped in the Malacca, I presume it is not just Calis, is it Transporters too ?

you would think all the Calis are delivered to the same parking area of the port !
Our Cali has been stored off-site somewhere since mid-Feb due to Storm Ciara. I would guess there has been utter chaos over the last few months and vehicles are just everywhere. I get the distinct impression they just take the vehicles at the front of the storage area rather than applying any logic.

Our Cali has been stored off-site somewhere since mid-Feb due to Storm Ciara. I would guess there has been utter chaos over the last few months and vehicles are just everywhere. I get the distinct impression they just take the vehicles at the front of the storage area rather than applying any logic.
Have they told you what status number you are, probably 36 or 38 ??

30. Been like that since mid-Feb when they found the missing tow bar!

What status number is yours now?
38 - so should be released for shipping but who knows ? Your experience is shocking, VW really just don't care do they and IMO, in the majority of cases, neither do the dealers, I think most of them can't be bothered as they know how sh** VW are and they just go through the motions.

38 - so should be released for shipping but who knows ? Your experience is shocking, VW really just don't care do they and IMO, in the majority of cases, neither do the dealers, I think most of them can't be bothered as they know how sh** VW are and they just go through the motions.
Once my Cali finally arrives I will be letting everyone on here know exactly what has gone on. Unfortunately VW have a very unique product. If i was just buying a Passat I would have gone elsewhere a very long time ago.

The most amazing thing is no-one at VW gives a sh!t. I guess the demand is so high they just do not need to. You are right about the dealers as well.

Anyway, I hope your vehicle is on a boat very soon :thumb . As someone else said, "love my Cali, but not VW".

@Breeze1
Your vehicle is now at status at 38 so port of exit released waiting for ship to the UK. This is encouraging and update on yours from where we were before. So it has now gone from 30 to 38 in the last few days.
Will give an update later today as should change.

This is getting exciting. :thumb

@Breeze1
Your vehicle is now at status at 38 so port of exit released waiting for ship to the UK. This is encouraging and update on yours from where we were before. So it has now gone from 30 to 38 in the last few days.
Will give an update later today as should change.

Hi Tom,
That’s excellent news things are starting to look more positive, many thanks for your updates through this process.

FFS - I cannot begin to explain how I feel about VW, they are the most incompetent, uncaring, pompous company I have ever dealt with. Firstly, I am not criticising them for the delays due to Coronavirus, that is obviously not their fault. However, the extent of misinformation I have been given, including by VWCC managers is staggering. You simply cannot believe anything they tell you. I won't go through the whole list of incorrect information they have given me about the build and delivery status because we would be here a very long time, suffice to say they told me my Cali was in Milton Keynes back in May and that was absolute nonsense. My build week was 7 and I understand that it was built then. Last week I was assured my vehicle status was 38 - at port released for shipping. Given shipping is, slowly, happening to Sheerness I got quite excited and have been checking the shipping constantly. I spoke to VW today to see if I "was on the ship" and I was told, sorry the information you were given last week was wrong - again - it is actually at 30 ie somewhere in a field between the factory and Emden and delivery would be at earliest end of July !!! I can't begin to say what I thought, I have a life limiting illness and this is really the last straw with VW. The trouble is they know there us nothing you can do. How on earth can their systems allow constant misinformation, it beggars belief !! Sorry for the rant, just be aware, don't believe a word VWCC tell you....

FFS - I cannot begin to explain how I feel about VW, they are the most incompetent, uncaring, pompous company I have ever dealt with. Firstly, I am not criticising them for the delays due to Coronavirus, that is obviously not their fault. However, the extent of misinformation I have been given, including by VWCC managers is staggering. You simply cannot believe anything they tell you. I won't go through the whole list of incorrect information they have given me about the build and delivery status because we would be here a very long time, suffice to say they told me my Cali was in Milton Keynes back in May and that was absolute nonsense. My build week was 7 and I understand that it was built then. Last week I was assured my vehicle status was 38 - at port released for shipping. Given shipping is, slowly, happening to Sheerness I got quite excited and have been checking the shipping constantly. I spoke to VW today to see if I "was on the ship" and I was told, sorry the information you were given last week was wrong - again - it is actually at 30 ie somewhere in a field between the factory and Emden and delivery would be at earliest end of July !!! I can't begin to say what I thought, I have a life limiting illness and this is really the last straw with VW. The trouble is they know there us nothing you can do. How on earth can their systems allow constant misinformation, it beggars belief !! Sorry for the rant, just be aware, don't believe a word VWCC tell you....
Mate, I feel for you, I really do.

Coronavirus, yes fair enough. But prior to that they have been absolutely shocking with me. I even phoned Breeze at Poole today, they aren't even my dealer, for any other help. I wasn't asking them to wave a magic wand but just if they knew someone I might able to speak to. The chap I spoke to could not have been more polite, empathetic and helpful but ultimately his advice was wait. After waiting 10.5 months I was told by VW it "should" be with me in 8 weeks. You can't make it up. Absolute joke. £60k to be treated like this.

Just about sums them up, they know they have a unique product and they therefore literaly don't give a f***. They would not even accept a formal complaint from me, astonishing, if I spoke to someone like that at my work I would be on my bike, it seems they are trained on how not to accept a complaint !!!

Just goes to show you the extra lengths the guys at Breeze go to, how many other dealers bother to frequent the forum? @Tomdbreeze @Michael Breeze and all the team at Poole and Totton get my vote. I don't bother going anywhere else.
Thanks for the kind words Darryl we always happy to help I know sometimes it might not be always good news or even no news but just some acknowledgement of what’s going on helps.

Just goes to show you the extra lengths the guys at Breeze go to, how many other dealers bother to frequent the forum? @Tomdbreeze @Michael Breeze and all the team at Poole and Totton get my vote. I don't bother going anywhere else.
It does and you make a very good point, are there any other dealers on the forum ? - probably not, they are either too embarrassed, don't give a s**t like VW or don't even know this exists - sums it all up. Good on the Breeze guys for being prepared to answer questions and just acknowledging us. To be honest I feel sick about handing £60k+ to those w*****s at VW, I honestly do - sad.

According to the Tiguan forums the Malacca Highway only had Porsche and Audi vehicles on it last week - apparently you can tell by where it docks in the port in Emden and then in Sheerness.

However, the goodish news is that it's current position in Emden means it has loaded VW's for the next trip.

Mine is still in Emden.

Tiguan Forum Thread

Back