Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Westfalia on Gumtree

qyouquestion

qyouquestion

Qyouquestion
VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
E18C0AD3-BB8B-4A94-A635-543D03017048.jpeg Hi everyone, looks like this Campervan isn’t mine I had stolen a few weeks ago. So now I’m thinking of making this chap an offer. He sent all paper work, could anyone help with this work? I’ll post photo of receipt
Something about having to drill bolt out of engine? Any thoughts as to what may have been the problem? This is the 150bhp California Freestyle not my 102bhp Event which I preferred. Not sure if these 150bhp are as realible anyone any experience on this? Obviously if you drive them hard all the time things wear, however does this receipt of work done give any info on the state of the engine?

47BE246D-B029-4730-8EAA-96141556E52B.jpeg Here is the latest work last year

First thing I’d ask is why the water pump wasn’t done with the cam belt change.
They’re always done together.

Why do you think a 150 won’t be reliable?

They’re bulletproof!! Mines a gem. Ok it doesn’t have the starship mileage yet but it will last as long as I want it to.

How much is he asking?

Oh, reading through the paperwork it would suggest the alternator bracket bolt broke and needed to be drilled out?

Part of the cambelt job. ?

They’re bulletproof!! Mines a gem. Ok it doesn’t have the starship mileage yet but it will last as long as I want it to.

How much is he asking?
Hi Sidepod,

How much is he asking?

Hi Sidepod, he’s asking 20,000
2003 120,000miles shabby condition interior and lots of dints on the body work.
Re 150bhp I read on here that as they are so powerful this can cause problems with the engine not being able to handle the power surge ie cylinder heads snapping. I’m not saying I believe this hence putting it out there to get people’ S experiance also I was concerned about the diffrrence in fuel economy?

Hi Sidepod,

Hi Sidepod, he’s asking 20,000
2003 120,000miles shabby condition interior and lots of dints on the body work.
Re 150bhp I read on here that as they are so powerful this can cause problems with the engine not being able to handle the power surge ie cylinder heads snapping. I’m not saying I believe this hence putting it out there to get people’ S experiance also I was concerned about the diffrrence in fuel economy?
Utter bollox. What you may be referring to is a home grown 150 conversion from a lesser engine.

If it’s a genuine VW 150 then it’s indestructible!! FACT.

For the condition you describe the price is way too high.
Take a stroll through mobile.de
There will be loads of 150s on there. That’ll give you a price guide.

I have to agree with Sidepod, the AXG engine is more than capable and reliable. With the standard hardware they can safely be remapped to 190 BHP. So at 150 BHP they are not under any strain.
Its a completely different engine than the 102 BHP engine.

Thanks Padriac, seems like everyone is saying the same thing, these engines are bullet proof. How would you say they compare with fuel economy to the 102bhp? Ie 60mph - 70mph?

Thanks Padriac, seems like everyone is saying the same thing, these engines are bullet proof. How would you say they compare with fuel economy to the 102bhp? Ie 60mph - 70mph?
I don’t know about the fuel economy, but there can’t be much difference, as the 151BHP model has a taller 5th gear which should help on motorways.

I don’t know about the fuel economy, but there can’t be much difference, as the 151BHP model has a taller 5th gear which should help on motorways.
Thanks, just looked this up on piston heads and they say taller gear means it should be the same fuel economy as 102bhp as the ratio and and revs are lower compared to a short 5th gear

Red i is the only way :Stig

Just been buying all my bits which I left in the stolen Campervan.
I’ll show you the sat nav tomorrow interesting set up with a phone and tv out put on the auxillary. It’s also got phono connectors coming out of the unit. I’ll post some pics tomorrow be interested to hear what you make of it all.

Looks a nice Cali did the insurance pay out?
What needs doing to this one?

It looks good, it looks like it has GPS and hands free telephone. Also looks like it has the tv tuner with the second antenna on the roof.
The auxiliary connections are for connecting a DVD player etc.
Nice looking cali, please add some more photos.

Hi yes insurance paid out less £1750
This was £20000
Looks a nice Cali did the insurance pay out?
What needs doing to this one?

Sorry, update insurance paid out less £1750, this campervan was £20000
Got it for £15000, I think it needs a new canvas as I imagine someone on here might have a fix it but it has a big rip at the back smaller one at the side. It’s engine is solid full service history. Sadly sold by family as a member passed away the camper was the family’s and their children spent many a happy time. I met the sister lovely lady, I mentioned I had mine stolen, they just wanted to go to a good home, it’s a lovely Camper and it flys my stolen one was 102bhp. It’s such a difference having a 150bhp. Needs Abi’s of talc the keys don’t work you have to manually lock and unlock air con doesn’t work hoping it’s a re Gas ages dings and a tiny bit of rust on the edge of the sliding door. Apart from that it’s a cracker I feel I can let go of the Cali Event I had now. That loss hit me hard
Just had spend over £100 at the Cali shop to replace the kit including my new shower attachment that I didn’t get use. Just grateful they had it all in stock. Got a bulldog clamp on at present but if anyone knows of a good gps-vhf tracker I’d be very grateful.
Bit long winded but I got myself a new Cali :upsidedown

Here are some more pics
Does anyone know why the music will only play in the back speakers? Seems that the phone maybe coming through the front speakers I’m guessing as it’s made for on old Nokia. I’d like to connect my iPhone to the mfd this was the subject of my last post before my campervan was stolen. I’ve got the keys to remove unit and the 10 pin din connector which would have connected to the auxilary, however the phono’s There are three, here are the pics

Good stuff. Nice van man.
You got a good deal on that one.
You´ll have to chain that one to a lamp post.
Maybe take the red i away, it will only make it look
more desirable.

Maybe it was meant to be. Enjoy making it yours

Here are some more pics
Does anyone know why the music will only play in the back speakers? Seems that the phone maybe coming through the front speakers I’m guessing as it’s made for on old Nokia. I’d like to connect my iPhone to the mfd this was the subject of my last post before my campervan was stolen. I’ve got the keys to remove unit and the 10 pin din connector which would have connected to the auxilary, however the phono’s There are three, here are the pics
It may be due to the balance setting for the speakers, might be worth checking that first.
I retrofitted the phone kit to mine, but I don't know of the sound from the phone only comes from the front or front & rear speakers. But the phone kit mutes the stereo sound, so I would presume that the sound from the phone kit comes from all speakers, bus not sure, I can check tomorrow for you.
Has this new Cali got the double din Sat-nav? if so you may be better going for a modern double din unit. If you prefer to stick with the standard set up, I'd search the German forums, I've seen plenty of options for connecting modern phones with an X-Car link.

The photos didn't upload by the looks of it.

Oh the hook up plastic cover has gone are these easy to get hold of they have a locking system inside a little blue lever holds the hook line in you have to depress it to release the hook up.
David

Oh the hook up plastic cover has gone are these easy to get hold of they have a locking system inside a little blue lever holds the hook line in you have to depress it to release the hook up.
David
Yea the cover is easy to replace I believe and not expensive.
The roof canvas is also easy to replace and can be bought from Gunzl.
So yes it looks like you have the tv tuner, there is probably also a CD changer in there, should be able to open a cover at the bottom of the middle console where the aux connector are to see it.
The phone holder looks like its for a Siemens phone.

Back