Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

what fixtures to choose from the parts list

racali

racali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have been pondering what dealer fitted items I need to order in advance of delivery in April.
As I didn’t go for the zeon lights nor the built in satnav, I would like the daylight driving lights and also the rear-view camera via the reversing mirror (replacement). The catalogue price for the lights is £314 but it says 'ask the dealer for a quotation' for the rear-view camera so I would be interested to know a target figure etc if anyone has been down this route.
Alternatives could be the Phillips day time running set for £102 on Amazon, and the add-on camera to the Garmin camper satnav 760 (which I plan to buy) for £92, also on Amazon. I could fit these myself but hesitate with a new vehicle so would probably leave this to the experts – unless someone can advise differently.
I think I will also go for the sill and rear bumper guards, and headlamp guards. The prices include the fixing which suggests this is best left to someone who has done it before.
Other than that I can't see anything else I need from the VW fixed parts list but suggestions would be welcome.

Rear view camera was one of my must-have options but now that I have been using it for a few weeks I am not so convinced. For most of the time, the rear view mirrors plus parking sensors are all that I need. When it's raining the rear view image from the camera is blurred and not much use. I think the one big advantage is that you can see the tow ball head with the camera which is great for lining up with a trailer. If you're not towing, I would spend the money on something else.

Thanks MCh1777 ...... I was leaning towards the Garmin kit anyway which wouldn't involve the dealer so perhaps I will try it without first and see if I come to the same conclusion.

I agree about the rear camera - I thought I would need one for parking etc. and planned to get one with an aftermarket Sat Nav. However, I have found that the parking sensors are enough as the dash display is brilliant and lets me know how close I am getting to any objects, stationary or moving. I had front and rear sensors on my last car but with no visual display so the display was a very welcome surprise to me and one which has negated the need for a reversing camera. :thumb

Oh and I also had the rear bumper protector and sill guards put on; really pleased I did and that they were all fitted before collection as they look just like they have been part of Ariadne all along. The sill guards are new I think and, in my opinion, definitely worth the relatively small cost compared to many other add-ons.

Maud

Back