Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Come down to the CCC site in Chichester. One of my favourites. Planning a trip to Brighton tomorrow on the train.
The sun is shining, the wind has subsided (I hope), the G and T is poured and all is well with life :thumb

Maybe a bit off topic in this great thread, but why not try mini camping Kooningsjacht, in the nice woods just north of Arnhem. Great for biking, quarter of an hour to the city of Arnhem. Near the Airborne site of 1944.
Expect some noise from the nearby motorways. Open all year. Doesn't cost a leg.

http://www.camping-kooningsveld.nl/

Regards from Amsterdam,
Marc.

Trying to book two nights Arnhem area next Tuesday - Thursday but 4 sites have replied not opening until first or second week in April. Any ideas, wouldn't have to be more than basic facilities as only requiring a safe base for cycling excursions. Have a nice trip, washed our Ocean today also in prep for our trip. Thanks.
Wullie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Marchugo, one of the replies suggested I contact Camping de Lindenhof in Wolfheze, success booking in there Entrance looks cool, hope to visit the Airborne Museum on the bikes when there.
6c0a2e565e01a58d0eca65912bd09c65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happens a lot . People travel many miles/km to diffrent countries while beauty lies in theire back-yard.
We also need to go out on short trips in our own country more often...
We do. That's how I've got upto 40,000 + miles in 2 years.
Scotlands 500 mile circuit next year.

Off to the North Yorkshire motor home show. Will have a differing POV this time around. Being a California owner now, I mean.

..me..

Just found time to put a post about last weekend on here. We took the Cali on an outing to near Ledbury to see the Daffodil Festival. Never seen so many self seeded daffodils growing in the same place, a mass of yellow in the fields and through the woods. One area has Dymock Daffodils which are smaller, paler and more subtle than the ones we usually see.
20170318_125734.jpg
The Cali is ideal for seeing them in fields as you can look over the hedges.
P1040842.JPG
P1040850.JPG

Then off to Ledbury for afternoon tea where there is a beautiful church up one of the little lanes. The spire is not on top of the church though. It isn't even attached to it, very unusual.
The church dates from 1230 and the spire from 1733.
P1040856.JPG

Packed my Cali for MTBing in Berne and took my snowboard too, so everything is possible with the Cali. I really like this kind of freedom! Enjoy your weekend!

Picture 1: No sign of my Cali nor me, however good day with these friends.
af3513a735ff4eec424bfb44965b5312.jpg

Picture 2: Again Lake Walensee next to a skiresort, weather looks nicer on the weather app...
142cca4d2fbd2801e2cb8ccee4a67fc5.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to North Yorkshire motor show, still here actually. Much much bigger than last year. Highlights, Knaus lifestyle caravans and the FifthWheelco from Wales.

..me..

AT Coniston C&M site. Its vw campertastic. I can see 4 just from my window! Glorious weather. Great walks

Fitted my new cab mats and door pocket liners, bought from ‘rugsforbugs’ at the Volksworld Show today, very happy! £25 for the cab mats, £10 for the door pocket liners, bargain :thumb

IMG_0335.jpg IMG_0337.jpg

California packed and first bike on the back for the off tomorrow morning.:) Grass to cut (front, side and back gardens) after lunchIMG_0137.JPG

View attachment 20098 Visited my aging aunt in MK staying on a nice site near Leighton Buzzard next to the Grand Union Canal so Loz Jr can have a paddle and we can walk down to the Pub :)
Remember when the RAF Air Bridge was at RAF Leighton Buzzard, left from there quite often (coach to Luton airport). Great weather this weekend, it's even putting in an appearance up here also:)

Took it out for a spin yesterday and took the camera along.
As I was driving up the M6 over Shap I noticed lots of vehicles parked by the railway line so I had a nosey and took a snap. I was told the train was doing about 80mph at this point. I then drove to Ullswater and followed in William's lonely footsteps.

Ullswater was anything but lonely, teeming with visitors making it difficult to find a parking place.
Great weather and a joy to drive a great vehicle.

[Shap 250317 jpeg.jpg Daffodils Ullswater 3 jpeg small.jpg

We went to Volksworld show (someone gave us free tickets). What a laugh. Lots of old air cooled VDubs and some absolutely amazing restored old VW cars. Lots of smelly hairies. Lots of fun.

We used to have a Land Rover Defender and I have been dragged around lots of LR shows with lots of smelly camouflaged old chaps, so I'm used to autojumbles, but this was autojumble in German!

Great fish and chips.

But I did feel like their grandmother with my T6 Ocean in the car park, and a little stuffy (and I'm 'only' 52!!)!

Back