Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

On our way home after two weeks in France. Just waiting in Dieppe for the 18.00 ferry.

IMG_1144.JPG

Deployed our awning for the first time in 'anger'. Smells all new and plasticky. ;-)

Another California, red one, is on the same site (Lauder).

Your bungee looks too tight it could do we being a little looser

Hottest weekend of the year and I have a conference in London for work! No problem; set off from Leeds Friday afternoon drive to Marton near Rugby stay at Lairhillock campsite (quiet site, no children, basic facilities but friendly). 90 minutes drive to London Saturday morning. Back to Lairhillock Saturday after the conference. Left there about 2.30 today for leisurely drive back to Leeds. Somehow, the work bit in the middle doesn't seem so bad.

IMG_3533.JPG

Last edited:
Crochet blanket looks cool, did you put one on the ceiling too?!

Thanks...I am currently working on a rag rugged seat pad for the passenger seat when I rotate it and also to sit in my favourite spot in the open doorway.
No, alas no blanket on the ceiling! I have enough colour with the one on the seat, the cushions and soon the seat pad. Will post a pic when it's finished.

Meon Shore, Opp.the bird sanctuary.....regular spot for us.

Used Florence to stay in for the last 4 nights in a hospital car park whilst my mother was in hospital in London. Saved hundreds of pounds in accommodation fees and also got a concessionary parking pass so total parking bill for the 5 days was £8! Cali flexibility at its best! Didn't dare put the pop top up though as I was trying to stay under the radar. Felt like the Lady in the Van! (But in a rather better van!)

Using the facilyties and the free time at a hollydayhouse in France to wash my Brandrup seat covers .
They dryed pretty fast with +30deg.cel.:D
IMG_6307.JPG

Out this morning and allready back in place !

IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0024.JPG My wife and her friend had something to eat in the car park next to our house rather than in the dining room

Repaired the chairs.
All nuts covered with a sliver of thread lock. Hopefully that will stop them falling to bits :headbang

IMG_5041.JPG

Had to call for roadside assistance, to change my rear wheel, first time ever needed the AA or RAC etc

I've been sitting at a quiet campsite since about 4,30 am listening to birds and browsing the 800 new posts that I have.

Built a kitchen roll dispenser :D

IMG_5048.JPG

Back