Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Been packing Albert up today.

Tomorrow we are taking Jo, my Sister, to look at Caravans. Three dealers to visit then a Britstop in the new forest with Jo stopping BnB at the Britstop.

How was it today? Look forward to read more about it/your choice.

How was it today? Look forward to read more about it/your choice.

Well, we had a look at the T@B320 .... no good, not enough space, T@B400 .... lovely but the fixed bed is such a waste of space and flexibility in such a small van.

Then viewed the full range of Eriba's..... Familia too small, Triton like Hens teeth to find one and the Troll lovely but again a waste of space fixed bed. Finally decided on the Triton 430 and was told "No new builds available until July 2018 earliest and no second hands anywhere"..... at which point the guy remembered one had been brought in just that morning, was awaiting refurbishment and valeting and wouldn't be showroom ready for 4 weeks.

However we had a look, it was immaculate, we fell in love and we bought it, collection for when we come back from holiday mid October :D

Now Jo is in her hotel room, me in Albert outside, and both looking forward to Dinner and a nice glass of wine to celebrate.

The pub/hotel/restaurant is actually the station buildings from a light Railway that closed 50 years ago. They still use the platform and a couple of train coaches for conferences.

AC - Albert.jpg

I bought a sup board and took it home on the California:
IMG_4308-XL.jpg

Well, we had a look at the T@B320 .... no good, not enough space, T@B400 .... lovely but the fixed bed is such a waste of space and flexibility in such a small van.

Then viewed the full range of Eriba's..... Familia too small, Triton like Hens teeth to find one and the Troll lovely but again a waste of space fixed bed. Finally decided on the Triton 430 and was told "No new builds available until July 2018 earliest and no second hands anywhere"..... at which point the guy remembered one had been brought in just that morning, was awaiting refurbishment and valeting and wouldn't be showroom ready for 4 weeks.

However we had a look, it was immaculate, we fell in love and we bought it, collection for when we come back from holiday mid October :D

Now Jo is in her hotel room, me in Albert outside, and both looking forward to Dinner and a nice glass of wine to celebrate.

The pub/hotel/restaurant is actually the station buildings from a light Railway that closed 50 years ago. They still use the platform and a couple of train coaches for conferences.

View attachment 26172

Thank you!
Is it one like https://m.mobile.de/wohnwagen-inser...0474880.html?ref=vipSimilarSellerAd&similar=1:
Looks great!

Been packing Albert up today.

Tomorrow we are taking Jo, my Sister, to look at Caravans. Three dealers to visit then a Britstop in the new forest with Jo stopping BnB at the Britstop.
http://www.viscountcaravans.com
This one isn't too far from the Southampton side of the New Forest incase its not on your list?
Sorry I'm a bit :offtopic

When returning from Læsø Kitecamp (visitworthy Island ind Northern Denmark) I discovered thst I was sold a wrong ticket for the specific ferry. The deck hight was approx. 30 cm too low.

But who cares when the staff is in great mood and super proffessional providing a good service.

Instead of letting me sit for the next ferry, loosing my second ferry crossing, they just managed to squeeze me in as the last. After all had left on the other side they raized the deck and I was able to leave.

Great laughs and someone in the booking office has to give a round.

b76fc5c8af49853c4d3d47ca94bec7f0.jpg

2918bc836e9c1db54b8f4c6e686d6928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/IMG]

Love those wheels. I can see yours sits a little low on the rear as ours. I am considering switching to Transporter suspension to make it stay level.

Love those wheels. I can see yours sits a little low on the rear as ours. I am considering switching to Transporter suspension to make it stay level.

Its low due to much cargo i guess Not noticed when empty. But I would love the air suspesion. Its high on my wishlist.

In the Basque country for the Bilbao ferry tomorrow.
Driven up 720 miles from near Malaga started yesterday and got bored on the motorway up through Spain so hopped accross to Portugal last night and stayed overnight.
Just got up here after 480 miles from Portugal and no sites anywhere open. Tried about ten with no luck so now parked up outside the last one I tried.
Not really how I planned to spend the last night of my six week trip but what the hell.
Left 31 degrees this morning, drizzle and 18 here so getting me in training for back in England.
IMG_20171003_184309007_HDR.jpg

Driven up 720 miles from near Malaga started yesterday and got bored on the motorway up through Spain so hopped accross to Portugal last night and stayed overnight.
Just got up here after 480 miles from Portugal and no sites anywhere open. Tried about ten with no luck so now parked up outside the last one I tried.
Not really how I planned to spend the last night of my six week trip but what the hell.
Left 31 degrees this morning, drizzle and 18 here so getting me in training for back in England.
View attachment 26405

6 weeks in Spain and Portugal does sound really appealing to me … safe journey home ;-)

View attachment 26405

I'm still here
22fa9ccfd9f78e3e0ffc261321df6f44.jpg

Hot in the South

You do have the memories of Andalusia though. Beautiful in the mountains.

Mike

http://mikeandjanes.blogspot.co.uk

View attachment 26405
Sounds just like what happened to us in France,driving all day everywhere was rammed full we found a remote campsite that was almost empty.yeahhhh
Oh no closed for the night barrier was down everyone's gone home :(
A municipal one.

In the end we camped outside the gates used there loo's and showers, got the chairs out and beers and then to bed!!!! set of early in the morning so turned out to be a result!!!
there loss saved us a small fee :)..
Every cloud and all that!

Show off! Or is that a photoshop job Mike?

Show off
Always did a headstand at the top of a mountain or somewhere special. Struggle with my walking boots now so it's just for the beach.
It's easier than it looks. Technique required especially as age creeps on

Mike

IMG_4964.JPG Started in Bedouin, Provence, went via a lovely independent wine merchant, started to fill the space we created....went via another vineyard, filleda bit more space and am ow camped outside my friend's house in Chamonix.....

In preparation for winter I decided to make my own internal rear screens as there does not seem any right size for California except Brandrup. My own cost £65 in total (wife sewed the binding). Fixed to windows with 3M dual lock tape.

DSCF0591.JPG

DSCF0592.JPG

DSCF0596.JPG

DSCF0597.JPG

Trip to Ikea to pick up a flat pack double bed with drawers... came in 4 boxes, 2 mattresses, a lightshade and a bedside table. Then onto Next for two pairs of curtains and then B&Q for two curtain poles amongst other things. The California is amazing. It's so versatile. If I didn't have the van I don't know how I would have got all that stuff home.

Back