Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Drove to Dorset to pick up Albert's "little Sis" tomorrow.

Parked up in a great Britstop.

Testing 4 x Bluetooth temperature sensors. One outside, one in the cabin, one in the pop top and one in the fridge. I’ll test them out and do a new thread with the results and some screen shots of the information display on my iPhone. So far I like the system.

In preparation for winter I decided to make my own internal rear screens as there does not seem any right size for California except Brandrup. My own cost £65 in total (wife sewed the binding). Fixed to windows with 3M dual lock tape.

View attachment 26709

View attachment 26710

View attachment 26711

View attachment 26712
These look great. Well done to you and the Mrs. Where did you get the materials that you made them from and how did you get them to look so neat?

Fittet some new headlight (Nighbreaker Laser) and foglight (Nightbreaker Ultimate) bulbs. Had to change them anyway so I tried these ones
85bad0976b7865dfba56a88a3e48e2b7.jpg
763e3b628805678bd0716b23887f12d5.jpg

And the verdict?

Unpacked our van after a trip to the West Coast of Scotland including Applecross.

Stared at the contents of the Brandrup door cup protection film box and scoured YouTube and the internet for instructions.

Had a trip out to Dungeness for a picnic by the sea..

IMG_2341.jpg

We was at the xmas markets in Manchester last night ...
Not driving we were drinking,but there was a blue 12 plate cali parked up in a disabled bay blinds shut near st Anne’s square stealth camping I think :)

Finished North Coast 500 on A835 just north of Ullapool at Knockan Crag National Nature Reserve Visitor Centre. Reached here originally Friday 24/11 but had to turn back due to really heavy snow in Sutherland. Back towards Inversneccie for a night at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle and continued in an anticlockwise direction, reaching Knockan Crag the following Sunday 26/11. Quite a drive,IMG_4941.JPG windy and cold but very cosy in the California Thursday to Sunday nights. Photos are from Knockan Crag towards Stac Polaidh (centre mountain in first pic). Great wild camping spot here, toilets open all year round and well lit outside and in.IMG_4945.JPG

Finished North Coast 500 on A835 just north of Ullapool at Knockan Crag National Nature Reserve Visitor Centre. Reached here originally Friday 24/11 but had to turn back due to really heavy snow in Sutherland. Back towards Inversneccie for a night at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle and continued in an anticlockwise direction, reaching Knockan Crag the following Sunday 26/11. Quite a drive,View attachment 28153 windy and cold but very cosy in the California Thursday to Sunday nights. Photos are from Knockan Crag towards Stac Polaidh (centre mountain in first pic). Great wild camping spot here, toilets open all year round and well lit outside and in.View attachment 28154
Got up at 0230 to go to work! Before making coffee I put the heater on with the remote; made the twelve mile journey luxury.

Day trip to Chew Valley Lake, soup and a walk and then on to Bath Christmas Market.

Chew Valley lake could be a good place for a day meet, someone more local may know if that is a possibility.

Cheers,
Ken

Day trip to Chew Valley Lake, soup and a walk and then on to Bath Christmas Market.

Chew Valley lake could be a good place for a day meet, someone more local may know if that is a possibility.

Cheers,
Ken

If you mean the bit by the Salt & Malt (posh chippy) I can’t see it being a problem as it’s just a car park. Used to be free but now run by the local water company I believe and a couple of quid.

Mike

Went to @Grumpy Mike to look at the the after market tints. Getting it done tomorrow if I can get an appointment !

Tested our winter tyres: winter conditions in the Netherlands, a rare phenomenon. But they worked fine!

Back