Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

That could be me! Currently in my Cali next to the amenity block drinking some french cider after a very wet day skiing.
Were you there Saturday and is your Cali grey? We stayed there last Friday night before driving up to Les Arcs. With four of us there is no way I’m doing Cali-skiing we’d kill each other, IMO it’s just about possible with two highly organised adults.

We are currently in Arc 1950 it has rained here all day, skiing in the rain is horrible.

Ours is white so it might well have been Walrus. We are only 2 adults and 1 child so not quite as bad, however daughter did have to get rescued off the mountain today as she hurt her leg while in ski school and she hasn't stopped going on about it.

Ours is white so it might well have been Walrus. We are only 2 adults and 1 child so not quite as bad, however daughter did have to get rescued off the mountain today as she hurt her leg while in ski school and she hasn't stopped going on about it.

Hope she is okay. Weather looks a bit better for tomorrow. Up until today it has been really good and with only one French department being on half term not too busy either. We’ve only had one bad lift wait all week and it was the new Pre Saint Esprit lift at the bottom of the Vallee de L’Arc. When are you heading home?

I thought it might be you, I’d seen you mention in a post a few days earlier you were camping in BSM. I didn’t spot any signs of life otherwise I’d have come and said hello. Our Cali was same colour as yours and we parked on the other side of the amenities on the tarmac. We only spent the Friday night there.

I thought it might be you, I’d seen you mention in a post a few days earlier you were camping in BSM. I didn’t spot any signs of life otherwise I’d have come and said hello. Our Cali was same colour as yours and we parked on the other side of the amenities on the tarmac. We only spent the Friday night there.

I didn't see you otherwise I would have come over to nose. I stayed there for 10 days. It was my first attempt at skiing from a van and I had a really good time. The site worked very well. The facilities and staff were good. The ski and boot storage was really good and the access to Les Arcs was very quick.

Where did you end up?

I didn't see you otherwise I would have come over to nose. I stayed there for 10 days. It was my first attempt at skiing from a van and I had a really good time. The site worked very well. The facilities and staff were good. The ski and boot storage was really good and the access to Les Arcs was very quick.

Where did you end up?
On the Saturday morning we drove up to Arc 1950 where we have rented an apartment.

Just out of interest how long did it take you to get from the campsite to the funicular then up to 1600?

On the Saturday morning we drove up to Arc 1950 where we have rented an apartment.

Just out of interest how long did it take you to get from the campsite to the funicular then up to 1600?

The campsite ran a bus at 9.00 and I was skiing by 9.45. It was a short lift up then ski down to the Arpette lift and up and away. I started making my way back at 3ish and caught the 3.40 train down to meet the bus at 4. The bus trip was only 5-10 mins. There was a bus at 5 as well but my old legs are done by 4!

The campsite ran a bus at 9.00 and I was skiing by 9.45. It was a short lift up then ski down to the Arpette lift and up and away. I started making my way back at 3ish and caught the 3.40 train down to meet the bus at 4. The bus trip was only 5-10 mins. There was a bus at 5 as well but my old legs are done by 4!
Thanks, I’ve been thinking or a ski trip with my brother and I like Les Arcs so we might stay in the Cali and save money for beer tokens.

It's only 15 mins walk out the back of the site into town to spend your beer tokens.

AF92B364-D1C4-449D-9C76-2890E626B578.jpeg 108F9ACA-C9B5-42E5-B75D-709224781549.jpeg Took Gracie to the Cotswolds for our first trip out this year

Just driven home from Beaune, France 784 miles door to door plus the Calais Dover ferry in one day. The Cali is the most comfy vehicle ever.

Had a work visit (to install a SAN) in Dungloe, Donegal. The Cali munched the mileage with style, as usual. 6hr round trip for me.

Dungloe, is located in a “Gaeltacht” (Irish-speaking) region..... In County Donegal (Daniel O’Donnell County) in the Northern Province of Ulster.

Spectacular when the weather in fine.... Roads narrow and lumpy tho.

D194716F-2B1D-48CD-8A96-9D69DC0992DC.jpeg
CD17023A-3C22-4FAC-98B2-E737D2EF6D0B.jpeg
82DDB9F6-8AA7-47FB-A162-5DE04C91A77B.jpeg

I couldn't refuse that one, it's so close to home.

Fitted a set of Team Heko wind deflectors today, simple but effective mod!

Took an early morning trip to VW Parkway in Leicester for first MOT and a visual pre-end of warranty health check. Van sailed through MOT with no problems, just an advisory that front tyres are getting a bit low but they should be ok for a while. There was no-one in the body shop as it is a Saturday so we will do our own roof corrosion check (as per Hotel California’s helpful video instruction) tomorrow.

We were given a free Data Plug which will talk to our phone(s?) about any problems. It has been installed but I have not downloaded the app yet. Hopefully we can connect this to 2 phones as we both drive the van. It will be interesting to see if it is actually useful.

I don't really know about useful, but serves as a decent reminder from time to time.
Shows you your journeys (how far how long and what time), gives you your milage at a glance, your vehicle details are on hand all the time, it can remind you of serving schedules and even automatically book you in if you set it up that way. Also gives you an idea of whether the jpourney was enough to warm the engine sufficiently, how you braked, accelerated etc.

Took an early morning trip to VW Parkway in Leicester for first MOT and a visual pre-end of warranty health check. Van sailed through MOT with no problems, just an advisory that front tyres are getting a bit low but they should be ok for a while. There was no-one in the body shop as it is a Saturday so we will do our own roof corrosion check (as per Hotel California’s helpful video instruction) tomorrow.

We were given a free Data Plug which will talk to our phone(s?) about any problems. It has been installed but I have not downloaded the app yet. Hopefully we can connect this to 2 phones as we both drive the van. It will be interesting to see if it is actually useful.

I asked for one at the dealer today and they said they don't have them as they're only for cars :(. Guess I'll have to find a friendly VW car dealer.

I asked for one at the dealer today and they said they don't have them as they're only for cars :(. Guess I'll have to find a friendly VW car dealer.
Peter Cooper Hedge end...sorted. They don't even ask if its for a van. Just ask for a data plug and they want your registration.

Back