Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Made a balance cable to keep the starter battery topped up from the leisure side that has solar.
Started with a heavy-duty plug to plug cable from Amazon and added a switch so you don't have any issues touching the live positive part when plugging in the second end.
View attachment 56920View attachment 56921
View attachment 56919

View attachment 56924
As you can see from the graph, it only took a short while to bring up the starter battery.
View attachment 56922View attachment 56923
Forgive my probably rather basic question here but where does the other end plug in? I presume the charge indication is from your solar charger?

I checked the battery voltage ...again. Still reading 12.4V and 80%. It's due for its electricity transfusion tomorrow, but has dropped from 13.6v after last hook-up two weeks ago. Is this in the "normal" range?
Other than the radio, no electricity consuming devices have been used.

We have always felt that the washing facilities in the Cali were a little basic, so we've put a bath in there.
Takes up a lot of the space though.

Bath.jpg
The Council tips are shut and I didn't want to leave it in the front garden, so it's a handy place to store it for the time being.

We have always felt that the washing facilities in the Cali were a little basic, so we've put a bath in there.
Takes up a lot of the space though.

View attachment 57073
The Council tips are shut and I didn't want to leave it in the front garden, so it's a handy place to store it for the time being.
Bloody fly tippers!

I think my Cali needs a run, not been out in it for three weeks. I have had it on charge for a couple of days but I really want to go in it to the supermarket for my once weekly shop but there is a problem. There is rising anger locally about people ignoring the lock down and coming to Anglesey to second homes or day trips. Whether this is based on fact or fiction I’m not sure, personally I think if it is happening it’s a very small minority but innocent local people who use campervans or converted vans as their daily driver are getting abused by the public and stopped by the police. Is this happening in other parts of the country?

I think my Cali needs a run, not been out in it for three weeks. I have had it on charge for a couple of days but I really want to go in it to the supermarket for my once weekly shop but there is a problem. There is rising anger locally about people ignoring the lock down and coming to Anglesey to second homes or day trips. Whether this is based on fact or fiction I’m not sure, personally I think if it is happening it’s a very small minority but innocent local people who use campervans or converted vans as their daily driver are getting abused by the public and stopped by the police. Is this happening in other parts of the country?

I don’t know, but one anti-sunbathing vigilante around here locked the park gates with a steel chain and padlock.

My issue with closing public spaces is that the more public spaces that are shut, the busier the ones that remain open will become.

I don’t know, but one anti-sunbathing vigilante around here locked the park gates with a steel chain and padlock.

My issue with closing public spaces is that the more public spaces that are shut, the busier the ones that remain open will become.
If people stayed at home, exercised locally and didn’t treat it as a holiday, they would not need to lock up the public spaces.

If people stayed at home, exercised locally and didn’t treat it as a holiday, they would not need to lock up the public spaces.

Yeah - but the big division opening up in our cities are those with and those without gardens.

I can sunbathe and lounge around in my garden with impunity while others just around the corner cannot and are instead confined to their 25th floor north facing flat unless out walking.

Sorry - this is the wrong thread for this discussion. Moderators please feel free to move this sub-thread to somewhere more appropriate.

To get this thread 'What have you done with your California today?' back on track.

I tested my homemade curly wire for my DIY solar project.

The problem I've heard is that it can rub against paint at motorway speeds. Did you put some paint protection film under it? My solar panel cable sticks out so it stays away.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The problem I've heard is that it can rub against paint at motorway speeds. Did you put some paint protection film under it? My solar panel cable sticks out so it stays away.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Its a good tip thanks. I have some helicopter tape somewhere. Job for tomorrow :)

To get this thread 'What have you done with your California today?' back on track.

I tested my homemade curly wire for my DIY solar project.

It would have been interesting to see how it goes when the roof goes down.

Had a big fight to get the water tank lid open - had real difficulty getting access from within the wardrobe so after a few attempts came up with this vision of bodginess- and then found when I opened up the gas /water tank at the back found that I could access through under the wardrobe much more easily.....
Was finding that things in the slide out drawer have a habit of leaning out and catching on the locating pins for the parcel shelf frame, drilled some holes in the top of the frame, sacrificed something nails to make hooks and now with some bungee cords everything seem to stay in place. Also have a big piece of cardboard at the back to stop things dropping off the back of the drawer into the void. 5C98A814-4EED-458B-BDE8-45092C0DA5DE.jpeg588CFA5B-A24F-4A1D-B586-DB38EB996DEB.jpeg8CD84B23-6329-4F1A-AC24-99C8A73B9465.jpeg

Today 18°C at 11 am, 20°C at 12pm, will be above 20° for a few hours so.... perfect conditions to fit the Velcro for the Isotop!!
I also inserted the 5 tabs at the front of the ceiling. It was quite difficult as expected, but "sandwiching" the tab between two flat plastic cards, with the help of a lot of blasphemy it worked.
Next spring when we'll be allowed to go camping again I will sure enjoy the Isotop

Back