Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

ha ha ! shopping is 2 miles from home, but a shopping trip turns out to be a 20 mile long way round trip including packed lunch in the van! :thumb
That’s the way to do it. Beach is only a mile walk from home as well, stopped there for lunch on the way back and for exercise

Big mistake!

Drove to Chevening (“grace and favour” residence of Dominic Rabb) with four boys (5,7,7,7) and two dogs.

8fdaff78b007bb6ca6dd07aaa477246e.jpg

And set off on a walk. I’ve never seen so much mud.

be828782ed3e83c0d0588603199bbeae.jpg

6f5f2917eb8bd7890f0d6a3af6f80d76.jpg

Sleety rain and a chilling wind on the ridge of the North Downs.

28af97916835dfc8a3949a419e41d1d4.jpg

7d24858fef8c56931b026b0b1fa9bc98.jpg

Every boy went splat in the mud at one point or another, some multiple times. One lost his welly in a particularly sticky bit. Some tears, much laughter and even more moaning and groaning “are we nearly finished yet”. But all the frozen fingers and mud splattered bums forgotten after a warm bath and lunch of sausages, chips, beans and Yorkshire puddings.
You have a bath in your Cali? o_O:D

Stuck a GONG sticker on my bin. It’s a nostalgic nod to the VW van we had in the 70’s that we named ‘Zero the Hero’. Zero was a character in some of Gong’s music.
we love our bin stickers too :)

New windscreen fitted, cracked NOV took insurance company until now to get a VW OEM replacement.

New windscreen fitted, cracked NOV took insurance company until now to get a VW OEM replacement.
Sign of the times with component shortages! Not a good omen for essential repairs :-(

Treated her to her first wash in over 4 months......fear I may be ejected from the forum for admitting that one!

I finally used my extendable brush because I'm too small to get to the centre of the roof on my step ladder! Don't worry, its only for the roof! Got to use my new grit traps, double buckets and alloy wheel brushes that have also been waiting patiently in the garage for some time.

She has come up a treat and her Starlight Blue sparkle made me smile!

Will vacuum once the rain has passed and then she'll be ready for her new Brandrup storage pockets and Really Useful boxes for the boot. Figure I might as well iron out all my storage options whilst I am in lockdown and then we can hit the road as soon as they open the gates to travel ;)

Used mine as a mobile office this morning, only chance I get to drive it. The £7 supplement to the already exorbitant parking charges because its a diesel stung a bit! £14.60 for 2 hours.

IMG_2302.jpg

Treated her to her first wash in over 4 months......fear I may be ejected from the forum for admitting that one!

I finally used my extendable brush because I'm too small to get to the centre of the roof on my step ladder! Don't worry, its only for the roof! Got to use my new grit traps, double buckets and alloy wheel brushes that have also been waiting patiently in the garage for some time.

Will vacuum once the rain has passed and then she'll be ready for her new Brandrup storage pockets and Really Useful boxes for the boot. Figure I might as well iron out all my storage options whilst I am in lockdown and then we can hit the road as soon as they open the gates to travel ;)

Snap.
Literally finished and the heavens opened. First time the sponge has been out for a few months. Not sure why I bothered...

Wait, we're supposed to wash them?

Winterwatch in the Cali

With winter arriving here in Amsterdam from this Saturday, temperatures will drop beneath 5 Celsius, and on Monday even below 10 C, for the entirely coming week.

So this evening I realized that (though I had routinely emptied the watertanks and water pipes earlier this month) we keep an emergency supply of canning jars (glass) with vegetables and beans in the Cali.

Removed them, before frost explodes them.

Rummaging through the van, next I found a 1,5 liter pack of spring water in one of the cupboards. Evacuated that too into the house. Flood prevented.

And what did I see in the underseat drawer: an uncorked bottle of red Rioja wine. Not only brought it ito the safety of the house. Uncorked it.

Cheers from Amsterdam, winter can come.

Marc.

Rioja.jpg

Today was a really balmy winters day with blue sky and warm sun. So I decided to get my California out of the garage and give her an airing. I parked on the drive, popped open the roof. I opened the canvas vents and windows. As the Cali warmed up in the sun I could smell “summer “ and it came back to me the reason why we buy the Cali and choose the way we live. Roll on times we can meet with like minded people and open a chilled bottle......back to reality next week. Happy days ahead

Today was a really balmy winters day with blue sky and warm sun. So I decided to get my California out of the garage and give her an airing. I parked on the drive, popped open the roof. I opened the canvas vents and windows. As the Cali warmed up in the sun I could smell “summer “ and it came back to me the reason why we buy the Cali and choose the way we live. Roll on times we can meet with like minded people and open a chilled bottle......back to reality next week. Happy days ahead
Lucky you, no chance of that in Scotland at the moment.

Went out side to wash it, decided no point it will only get dirty again. So fitted the the brandrup middle carpets & scotchgarded the whole interior.IMG_2362.jpgIMG_2364.jpg

115A6119-BD01-43DB-B701-00A7D8199AE9.jpeg
Quick exercise trip to run the kids and the dog around Upton Park. Nice sunny afternoon. Parked by another club member in the car park, black T6 Ocean just visible in the photo behind mine :) Was that you???

Back